Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts in the lead for Avril

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/3/12/4093888/cliff-avril-rumors-colts-frontrunners-free-agency

With Kruger probably going to be overpaid in Cleveland, hopefully we land Avril and only have to pay him around 9 mil per season. Id be fine with that number. Then land OG Louis Vasquez and RT Sebastian Vollmer and a good corner like Keenan Lewis or DRC and Id be a happy camper in free agency.

Then in the draft we focus on DL, SS, WR.

So much for Hughes being our full time starter too. :yay: Thank God........

I hope we really do get some pass rush help now. If not it will be a major buzz kill.

Thats why I was a bit mixed on signing a big name pass rusher. I still feel Hughes can be productive in this system if he had more playing time. Thats why getting a young pass rusher like Alex Okafor in the draft was my first option to develop. Then once Okafor is ready, he can overtake Mathis and start opposite Hughes.

But Id still be ok with signing Avril if our coaches feel his best football is ahead of him.

Honestly I don't see the appeal with DRC. He got burned A LOT last season and was rated as one of the worst CB's. It might of been due to Philly changing their defensive scheme, but I don't think he would perform much better here. Who knows. It could turn into a Tim Jennings situation.

I really think this would be a blessing. He is the superior athlete to Kruger, and can be relied on slightly more against the run. He is younger and his best years most certainly are ahead of him. Younger than Kruger + Superior career AND season stats than Kruger = the better option for us. He averages more sacks per season than Kruger had this year for his best season. 

I still like Connor barwin just because we can add him cheaper and he has potiental to get alot of presure on opposing quarterbacks then we can add two Olineman and a possible # 2 corner  like Toler or DRC or even Cary Williams

Barwin is cheaper because he smells of poop