Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Officially FA starts 3/12, unofficially 3/9 12:01 AM

loudnproudcolt

I am sure we are going to hear the rumors this weekend since they made the change this year that teams and players agents could start talking after 12:01 AM tonight (3/9). Teams and the players can have no contact though. They changed the rule so players could get an idea what teams out there are willing to pay possibly, and then decide if what they are being offered by there team is the deal they want to take if being offered a deal, or go to Tuesday and be an official FA. The rule was also changed so teams could get their FA's signed and know the landscape a little better I guess.

Regardless, the NFL just sent out an anti-tampering warning due to the fact agents can talk to teams after midnight but as I said, not teams to players.

You just know that rule is going to be broken somehow, some way. Still I think it was a good rule change, but we are going to hear a lot of rumors before the official date of Tuesday, 3/12.

I think I got this right, but if I made any mistakes or anyone wants to add, please do.

Should be an interesting next 3 days just leading up to FA!

Whose agent do you think is the first phone call we make? I'd like to get in on some value guys first like Cherilus and some other top players but not perhaps #1 at FA target. See if we can steal a few while the other teams are fighting over Smith and Vollmer.

Whose agent do you think is the first phone call we make? I'd like to get in on some value guys first like Cherilus and some other top players but not perhaps #1 at FA target. See if we can steal a few while the other teams are fighting over Smith and Vollmer.

Probably Kruger, followed by Vasquez. Or the other way around.

Who knows? When irsay mentioned a big trade did any of these nfl insiders mention vonte Davis?

@ColtsAuth_Kyle: First Colts rumor of FA is that they've contacted Levitre's agent. Nothing serious is happening tonight, but it's interesting.

i hope we get levitre and vasquez and maybe even loadholt or vollmer :) 3 linemen would really make me happy :)

Why did we resign cassius vaughn? He stinks

So did Tim Jennings. He played his last game in Hawaii.

Vaughn has experience and could develop with more time. He's a good backup at worst and a decent, experienced fill in at best.

I'm not suggesting it. But I said it for 2 reasons

1. SOMEONE will make a thread about it

2. Idk what to expect from Grigson this year. He may just pursue him

I don't see us going after him, at least I hope not. He's ancient and is injury prone in is elevating age. I would be completely disappointed if we brought him in. He refused to take a pay cut from Pittsburgh, so I don't see him taking a small contract.

I don't see us going after him, at least I hope not. He's ancient and is injury prone in is elevating age. I would be completely disappointed if we brought him in. He refused to take a pay cut from Pittsburgh, so I don't see him taking a small contract.

Well we both know someone is gonna make a thread about it. And Aquan Boldin may also be released if he doesn't take a paycut. Ravens have dug themselves a hole

Well we both know someone is gonna make a thread about it. And Aquan Boldin may also be released if he doesn't take a paycut. Ravens have dug themselves a hole

Oh I know, that is a huge problem on this forum. Most believe that every FA is an improvement just because they played for a different team. 

Just like the Eric Winston love here. Guy has been cut twice in back to back seasons, KC fans are glad to see him go, Analysts say he had a bad yr. last season, but many here thinks he's the reincarnation Tarik Glenn.

so i didn't want to start a new reciever thread cause i am sick of them. however just read that Bal might release Boldin if he doesn't take a pay cut. I am a big Boldin fan, and he could give us that big target threat we all have wanted.

Boldin will give us NOTHING. Just stated that if he's released by the Ravens, he's retiring

Oh I know, that is a huge problem on this forum. Most believe that every FA is an improvement just because they played for a different team.

Just like the Eric Winston love here. Guy has been cut twice in back to back seasons, KC fans are glad to see him go, Analysts say he had a bad yr. last season, but many here thinks he's the reincarnation Tarik Glenn.

Everyone is just excited about FA this year. But with your excitement, you have to think about the person before you actually post a thread about him

Boldin will give us NOTHING. Just stated that if he's released by the Ravens, he's retiring

For some reason people don't believe him. Maybe he does, maybe he don't , I say who cares? Because we don't need an over the hill receiver that has had 1 good partial season in the last 5 yrs.