Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: 49ers open to trading draft picks to Jets for Darrelle

amfootball

If there is any team that can buck the SB loser trend, it is the 49ers.

First, Jim Harbaugh goes to the NFCCG with Alex Smith, then SB with Colin Kaepernick, and then if he pulls this trade off for Revis, I cant sit here and say he does not have the best chance to hold that Lombardi next year.

Imagine revis in the nfc west. They play the Seahawks twice a year. Harbaugh and Carroll already don't like each other. Sherman and revis jawing pre game would add to the fun in those games

Maybe Revis will pull a Trent Williams before or after a few of the games. I wouldn't mind seeing that.

I think any team to trade for Revis right now without knowing how he will be after knee surgery is crazy. San Fran has the picks to make it happen, but the money that Revis is looking for seriously hamstrings any team from adding or keeping quality talent on the rest of the roster. Revis is a great player if he comes back completely recovered, but a CB(no matter how good) is not worth a 100 million dollar contract, or anything even remotely close IMO.

Imagine revis in the nfc west. They play the Seahawks twice a year. Harbaugh and Carroll already don't like each other. Sherman and revis jawing pre game would add to the fun in those games

Absolutely.

And Kaepernick vs Wilson could be a true QB rivalry for years to come.

The NFC West has gone from complete boredom to a lot of fun over the past 2 years.

I think any team to trade for Revis right now without knowing how he will be after knee surgery is crazy. San Fran has the picks to make it happen, but the money that Revis is looking for seriously hamstrings any team from adding or keeping quality talent on the rest of the roster. Revis is a great player if he comes back completely recovered, but a CB(no matter how good) is not worth a 100 million dollar contract, or anything even remotely close IMO.

The "word" is that SF would pretty much be "renting"  Revis for the year. They would trade for him and make him play for the 6 mill he's due in 2013. Makes sense as they are so "star studded" and will have a bevy of contracts coming up in the next 2-3 years.  Anyway , I think the number is around what I said , 6 mill. and if they could win this coming SB , the trade would be worth it . 

The "word" is that SF would pretty much be "renting"  Revis for the year. They would trade for him and make him play for the 6 mill he's due in 2013. Makes sense as they are so "star studded" and will have a bevy of contracts coming up in the next 2-3 years.  Anyway , I think the number is around what I said , 6 mill. and if they could win this coming SB , the trade would be worth it . 

Well, I could see that. They are already loaded with talent and have a bevy of picks so giving up a couple early picks this yr. to make an all out run for the super Bowl may not be a bad idea. That is if Revis can come back to full strength this yr.. 

I don't know what the Jets could get for Revis but I think that would be a great fit for both teams. The Jets already had one of the leagues best pass defenses last year WITHOUT him...they aren't winning with him...time to bite the bullet and see what they can get for him. Sanchez needs weapons....bad!!! They would free up cap space AND hopefully get some talent in the draft. Works for both teams in my opinion.

I don't know what the Jets could get for Revis but I think that would be a great fit for both teams. The Jets already had one of the leagues best pass defenses last year WITHOUT him...they aren't winning with him...time to bite the bullet and see what they can get for him. Sanchez needs weapons....bad!!! They would free up cap space AND hopefully get some talent in the draft. Works for both teams in my opinion.

Yep, if they can get both of San Fran's 2nd round picks (No.34 and No.63), they can get 2 quality weapons for their offense. But I doubt they get No.34 for him, they get No.63 at best.

Yep, if they can get both of San Fran's 2nd round picks (No.34 and No.63), they can get 2 quality weapons for their offense. But I doubt they get No.34 for him, they get No.63 at best.

I don't know...you get that close and taste the championship...better secondary play and they win it. They are literally a piece or two away. You may be surprised. I look for them to go with a de or dt with their first pick. I mean really....a team like SF...loaded...back to back picks basically to end the first rd. No reason they don't trade to move way up or get a piece like revis. They have soo many picks they may just give a 2nd and a late 3rd with a conditional or something. All I know is they have EXTREME flexibility with that Alex Smith trade. They are sitting pretty.....but they have the toughest division in football in my opinion. Seattle and the up and coming Rams who are still loaded with picks.....they have to keep the peddle to the metal.