Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Honey Badger or Catfish?

Yep, Tyrann easily, no earlier than a 4th if it were the Colts because I firmly believe he projects as nickel at best.

I think he can be a beastly center fielder, put him in the box, let him roam in coverage, maybe use him like Saint Louis uses Finnegan, a joker corner/safety that is basically allowed to do what he wants. I wouldn't mind him at FS at all, especially with Pagano to coach him (he coached Ed Reed pretty well at Miami)

He may only turn out to be "nickel material but he adds a dimension EVERY team needs...    return ability.   And he is good at it.

Dude just has no self discipline...  and that is scary.

I wouldn't touch Te'o, and I'd only take Mathieu if he fell fairly deep. Like Chad said, he projects as a nickel at best. I'd honestly be ok without drafting either of them..

He may only turn out to be "nickel material but he adds a dimension EVERY team needs...    return ability.   And he is good at it.

Dude just has no self discipline...  and that is scary.

Agreed. He definitely brings a tenacity to the secondary, but I feel his style will be a bit more of a liability at the pro level. He's a playmaker with the ball in his hands, and is an exceptional return man. I just couldn't justify spending the pick it would take to get him at this point just for a nickel corner and return man (with no self discipline).

I like Darius Butler as our nickel and Deji Karim our return man. No need to draft Mathieu..

Honey Badger Highlights

http://youtu.be/ixGedaeYz-I

DEION SANDERS SAYS MATHIEU WILL BE IMMEDIATE STARTER.

Says He Will BALL In the NFL

Says He Has "DAWG" In Him

http://youtu.be/4pin-BKhjwA

You can't coach speed or instincts...I take Mr. Honey Badger. Thanks for posting these videos krunk! I like what Deion Sanders said about 4 reps in the weight room. "Some guys are just not [naturally] strong."  :thmup:

Neither, Mathieu is a Nickel Corner or FS at best who cant cover good and whos way to undersized and weak for me. Teo will be a very good ILB in the league if not great someday but he will go in the first somewhere and Im not wasting my first round pick on an ILB this year

I wouldn't draft either. If we had more than 5 picks, then I may consider Tyrann with a 5th rd. pick or later. He will never be anything more than a nickle corner IMO and you never draft nickle corners higher than the 5th rd. IMO. I find it funny when people say he can play SS, the guy is tiny and weak, there is no way any team is going to put him at SS, maybe FS, but not SS.

I definitely think Mathieu will find himself a place in the NFL somewhere. I'm not as certain of his transition as Deion Sanders has put it, but I think he is gritty enough and talented enough to carve out a niche. The point where I question him is not really focused on his talent or size, but more in the area of personal conduct. What will he do when the money comes in and he can buy whatever amount of weed or drug he likes? Will the money enhance him, or bring out his ignorance?<br /><br />As for Teo, I've maintained the same position the entire time. I don't feel that guy will be much better than Kavell Conner or PatAngerer. Middle of the line type of player or less. Time will tell

JETS SAY NO THANKS TO TEO:

Jets | Will not be drafting Manti Te'o Thu Feb 28, 08:17 PM

The New York Jets will not consider taking Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o if he is available when they draft in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, according to a source. Senior personnel executive Terry Bradway said in an interview that Te'o's play in the National Championship game and his off-field problems scare some people. 'He's a good football player,' Bradway said. 'I know a lot of us gave him pretty good grades, but when you look at the Alabama game and you look at what's happened since, it just scares you a little bit. ... It has caused everybody to go back and re-watch and see what we have here. It's going to be interesting to see where he's drafted.'

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/21086/manti-teo-scares-you-a-little-bit?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's funny when even NFL level executives place a lot of weight on that Alabama game. I know I placed a decent amount of weight on it because that guy looked like he used the bathroom on himself against NFL caliber players. He looked like someone snatched his testicals away. Everyone deserves a second chance but I have to say it spoke so loudly.

The difference between him and the Honey Badger is a matter of guts. Honey Badger has guts, Teo I'm not so sure.

JETS SAY NO THANKS TO TEO:

Jets | Will not be drafting Manti Te'o Thu Feb 28, 08:17 PM

The New York Jets will not consider taking Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o if he is available when they draft in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, according to a source. Senior personnel executive Terry Bradway said in an interview that Te'o's play in the National Championship game and his off-field problems scare some people. 'He's a good football player,' Bradway said. 'I know a lot of us gave him pretty good grades, but when you look at the Alabama game and you look at what's happened since, it just scares you a little bit. ... It has caused everybody to go back and re-watch and see what we have here. It's going to be interesting to see where he's drafted.'

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/21086/manti-teo-scares-you-a-little-bit?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's funny when even NFL level executives place a lot of weight on that Alabama game. I know I placed a decent amount of weight on it because that guy looked like he used the bathroom on himself against NFL caliber players. He looked like someone snatched his testicals away. Everyone deserves a second chance but I have to say it spoke so loudly.

The difference between him and the Honey Badger is a matter of guts. Honey Badger has guts, Teo I'm not so sure.

I think way to much stock is being put on that one game which like I said he had 10 tackles in, Hey against Boston College he had 5 total, I expect everyone will get off his back when he produces in the NFL and he will at a high level