Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seems Revis and Richard Sherman are having Twitter war

Gavin

Today, I would take Sherman over Revis. He is bigger and more physical and gets a ton of picks. That being said, he has done it for one season. Revis has been good for a few years.

I just don't get it. Both run their mouth and have won jack. I think corners are becoming the new diva's of the nfl..

Today, I would take Sherman over Revis. He is bigger and more physical and gets a ton of picks. That being said, he has done it for one season. Revis has been good for a few years.

I just don't get it. Both run their mouth and have won jack. I think corners are becoming the new diva's of the nfl..

Sherman will be winning an awful lot I think in the years to come provided he stays in Seattle with Wilson at QB, Revis will likely remain the best at his position for several more years but wont likely win nearly as much, The difference? Mark Sanchez

Revis is good no doubt. But I think people forget how quickly that can disappear. And now that he's coming off a serious surgery, I don't expect him to be anything special.

It's funny because people forget how truly great Nnamdi was in Oak. He did what Revis did only longer.

Besides. Revis gets his lunch handed to him by Stevie Johnson.

Pro Football Focus weighs in. And it is a tight race.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/25/shutdown-corners-richard-sherman-v-darrelle-revis/

Personally I give the nod to Sherman. He locks down an entire side of the field. Although Revis covers the best player, I feel that is actually a detriment.

This is only Sherman's 2nd season. In a better WR division. Compared to Revis best seasons in a weaker division.

Pro Football Focus weighs in. And it is a tight race.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/25/shutdown-corners-richard-sherman-v-darrelle-revis/

Personally I give the nod to Sherman. He locks down an entire side of the field. Although Revis covers the best player, I feel that is actually a detriment.

This is only Sherman's 2nd season. In a better WR division. Compared to Revis best seasons in a weaker division.

In Revis best season he was covering Randy Moss, Brandon Marshal and Stevie Johnson. Sherman was covering Michael Crabtree, Whoever the number 1 is on St Louis, and whoever the number 2 is on Arizona.

All I got from your link is that Revis' 3 year average is better than Shermans best season.

In Revis best season he was covering Randy Moss, Brandon Marshal and Stevie Johnson. Sherman was covering Michael Crabtree, Whoever the number 1 is on St Louis, and whoever the number 2 is on Arizona.

All I got from your link is that Revis' 3 year average is better than Shermans best season.

09?

Only Moss. Johnson didn't play and Marshall was still in Denver.

Moss had 9rec 1TD. Not much yards, but a significant contribution.

I'm not sure what article you read, because that one states its pretty much a dead even race between the two based on Sherman's 2nd yr and Revis 3 best season avg.

Also. Why would you have Sherman against both #1s in SF and StL. But when it came to Ari you had him V a #2? Seems....odd. Or biased.

09?

Only Moss. Johnson didn't play and Marshall was still in Denver.

Moss had 9rec 1TD. Not much yards, but a significant contribution.

I'm not sure what article you read, because that one states its pretty much a dead even race between the two based on Sherman's 2nd yr and Revis 3 best season avg.

Also. Why would you have Sherman against both #1s in SF and StL. But when it came to Ari you had him V a #2? Seems....odd. Or biased.

Because Sherman didn't play against Fitzgerald during the season. I happened to watch the 58-0 game and Sherman covered Fitzgerald for about 5 plays all game. I gave him the benefit of the doubt against St Louis and San Fran, but now that you mention it he probably wasn't even going against them seeing as how he almost never covers the best receiver on the field anyway.

The stats you gave me showed that Revis gave up a ton less yards and .3 less Tds, (you can argue this is insignificant if you want but .3 can win or lose games.), the stats that determine games.

You're right I was mistaken about some of the receivers. But regardless Revis had one of the best seasons for a defensive back ever.

Well Revis' was 2.95 standard deviations above the mean for both statistics (combined). He was also targeted on a high amount of passes. 

So FO put that into context and compared it to more well known accomplishments and they said that if other players had as much success as Revis last season Peyton Manning would have passed for 5532 yards if he played the as well as Revis (he had 4,640 yards passing) (which would beat out Marino's most passing yards in a season in NFL History)

MJD would have rushed for 2000 yards (he had 1,391 yards)

Brandon Marshall (1,127 yards receiving) would have had 1922 yards last season. (which would beat out Jerry Rice's receiving yards record)

I don't deny that Revis had a season for the ages in 09. But given the level of competition he faced that year, I don't hold it in such high regard. That article even states Revis 09 drastically increased his #s.

He played maybe 4 quality WR all season. Wayne: White: Johnson: Moss

Again not discounting how great he played. But when your games are Jax Hou Tenn Mia Oak Buff Car and TB for 10 games I'm not terribly impressed. He played Manning. Brady. And that's about it. The Saints game was over in the 2nd qt so Brees didn't play much. And a 2nd yr Matt Ryan.

Sherman played Rodgers stafford Ryan romo newton Brady kapernick and cutler....much better than what Revis faced.

Again. Not knocking Revis as much as propping up Sherman.

I don't deny that Revis had a season for the ages in 09. But given the level of competition he faced that year, I don't hold it in such high regard. That article even states Revis 09 drastically increased his #s.

He played maybe 4 quality WR all season. Wayne: White: Johnson: Moss

Again not discounting how great he played. But when your games are Jax Hou Tenn Mia Oak Buff Car and TB for 10 games I'm not terribly impressed. He played Manning. Brady. And that's about it. The Saints game was over in the 2nd qt so Brees didn't play much. And a 2nd yr Matt Ryan.

Sherman played Rodgers stafford Ryan romo newton Brady kapernick and cutler....much better than what Revis faced.

Again. Not knocking Revis as much as propping up Sherman.

He covered Moss and Wayne twice and also shutdown Ochocinco and Vincent Jackson in the playoffs. Again, Sherman doesn't even cover the best man on the field most of the time.

He covered Moss and Wayne twice and also shutdown Ochocinco and Vincent Jackson in the playoffs. Again, Sherman doesn't even cover the best man on the field most of the time.

Which brings another question. Do you want the player to lockdown an entire side of the field (Sherman) or a player who locks down an individual (Revis). I think a case could be made for both instances.

Which brings another question. Do you want the player to lockdown an entire side of the field (Sherman) or a player who locks down an individual (Revis). I think a case could be made for both instances.

Revis does lock down an entire side of the field. Have you watched any Jets games?

Revis does lock down an entire side of the field. Have you watched any Jets games?

"Sherman plays almost exclusively left cornerback in the Seahawks’ defense, while Revis will track No. 1 receivers across the field and into the slot."

So he covers the best player all the time AND locks down an entire side of the field?!? What can't he do?!?

"Sherman plays almost exclusively left cornerback in the Seahawks’ defense, while Revis will track No. 1 receivers across the field and into the slot."

So he covers the best player all the time AND locks down an entire side of the field?!? What can't he do?!?

What are you talking about? I've seen almost every Jets game over the past 5 years and QBs rarely throw to the side of the field where Revis is. Maybe 6-7 times a game.

Did Revis play this year?  It looks like he can't stay on the field for one thing.  

He tore his acl week 3.

And the comment which started this whole thing is Sherman saying that Revis is not in the conversation about the best CB in the league until he returns. Once he's back on the field he's in the conversation.  

That prompted Revis to lash out at Sherman and start a trash talking battle.  It basically ended when Revis responded with some *ic statement about he's a better CB because he has more twitter followers than Sherman.

And the comment which started this whole thing is Sherman saying that Revis is not in the conversation about the best CB in the league until he returns. Once he's back on the field he's in the conversation.  

That prompted Revis to lash out at Sherman and start a trash talking battle.  It basically ended when Revis responded with some *ic statement about he's a better CB because he has more twitter followers than Sherman.

Sherman is an * and has been running his mouth all off-season. Particularly calling out Roddy White whenever he gets a chance because he's still upset he got burned in the playoffs.  

I just don't get it. Both run their mouth and have won jack. I think corners are becoming have become the new diva's of the nfl..

I couldn't agree more! haha

Sherman can cover more than one player on his side of the field?  OK, I thought it was a draw but now I'm definitely going with Sherman!        ;)

There's truth to that.  Jets want to trade Revis, but there really is no market right now based upon ACL recovery and high cost of next contract.  Revis won't have a market until he has shown himself on the field and just before the trading deadline.

Then I'm the worst in the world, I think I have 6 followers, 5 of them corporate entities....   LOL!

Sherman had a great year, but every so often a guy will do that and then come back down to earth. I don't know who will ultimately be better, but I do know that of the two guys, Revis is the real deal, and Sherman still has something to prove. And he may or may not have gotten away with avoiding a suspension on a technicality with his drug test, so let's see how things go for him moving forward before we anoint him as the next great CB.

I realize antagonizing players is his schtick, but I don't like Sherman. First you had the incident with Brady, then the Redskins offensive lineman Williams, then Roddy White, and now Revis... confidence is one thing, but sheer cockiness and arrogance is another.

All that said, Revis is the one who started this little beef, which makes him look like an insecure tool.

Jets' trash talking started from the top and it has never stopped, whether it is twitter or live feed. Once the culture is promoted, it cannot be eradicated until Rex Ryan is gone, IMO. Jets' players are easy to bait, it seems like. Heck, some of them dont even need to be baited.