Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY's Old Teammate

bobourret

After speaking with NFL scouts, the National Football Post's Russ Lande believes FIU S Johnathan has earned a second-round projection and could jump higher profile safeties, like Florida's Matt Elam.

Finally. On top of being an ultra-aggressive hitter who closes against the run and doesn't understand the term "half-speed" we feel that Cyprien can be an interchangeable safety in the back half with plenty of range and patience to make plays. It is early, but expect a top-50 selection.

Elam > Johnathan

sorry but i will go with the safer bet on this one. and for him to jump Elam he would have to go in the first round. most mock drafts i have seen have elam going in the late first round between 23rd and 29th pick. although there was one that i saw he was projected to go early in the second round. but im not getting to much into the mock draft situation until AFTER the combine.

Not IMO, they're not, but I guess were all entitled to our own opinions.

yes i understand there is different responsibilities for FS and SS, but at the end of the day to play safety you have to be able to hit and you have to be able to cover.

yes i understand there is different responsibilities for FS and SS, but at the end of the day to play safety you have to be able to hit and you have to be able to cover.

I agree and I'm not saying Reid couldn't play SS but he has played FS the whole time at LSU hasn't he? 

Well....   you've left out the #1 guy....

Vacarro from Texas.  

Don't know if that's an oversight, or that you just don't like him as much.....

But I think Vacarro is pretty close to being a unanimous choice as the top safety....

he'll be gone by the time we pick

reid > elam > johnathan

Reid?? sure he had a good 2011 season, but this past season his production was down. some actually have said he prob should have stayed for his senior year to work on his pass defense. granted he played pretty good against Texas A&M but he struggled in stopping the run against UF, he was burned for two TD's against North Texas. i would take TJ MCdonald over him to be honest.

Not a 1st round talent, but when Freeney leaves and we get an extra 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for him, I think he would be a good option in the 3rd or 4th. 

Aggressive, well spoken, and given at how well he took to NFL coaching and schooling at the senior bowl, you may be able to do something with him. 

Not a 1st round talent, but when Freeney leaves and we get an extra 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick for him, I think he would be a good option in the 3rd or 4th.

Aggressive, well spoken, and given at how well he took to NFL coaching and schooling at the senior bowl, you may be able to do something with him.

I think Freeney has to many years in for us to get comp picks off him. On top of that, if we do get a comp pick for him, we won't get that pick until 14'.

Ya know, actually it doesnt really matter which safety you are able to get. This is one draft where if any of the safeties waited a year they would be in the first round.  The safeties expected in the second round, this year especially. Phillip Thomas, shawn williams and Bacarri Rambo from Georgia, Ray Ray Armstrong, This class is so deep at safety that your going to be getting first round talent deep in the 3rd. Phillip Thomas and Shawn Williams will be a great combo for years to come.

Grigson was reported to have seen / checked out Cyprein during the senior bowl tried to find the article, but couldn't locate it...

We know has a great eye for talent...

can't wait to see what we do next month in FA and then the draft... after the FA we will have a better idea where they will go with the the 1st and 3rd.

Can't wait ..