Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Montana On Manning's Injury... He Had A Similar Surgery.

John Dee

Yeah he'll be back, but for how long? If he can comeback for just another 3 years, I'll be ecstatic.

Me too. I think people expecting Peyton to play at his MVP level for another 5 years is a little unrealistic. Just because Favre played for so long doesn't mean anyone else can. Very few guys last that long and stay that productive.

3 years at a high level would be great.

Oh good. The doctors, trainers, coaches, owners, and players weren't enough confirmation for me that Manning could come back. Now that Joe says so...WHEW!!!

:-P

First of all, we are only told what the organization wants out there. With the lying that we saw with Marvin's injury, you should be much more skeptical of what the organization is putting out.

Moreover, none of them are top-level NFL QB's who had a similar neck surgery. That experience offers a different insight that someone else, even a doctor, cannot add.

Your comment is nothing more than good ol' fashioned knee-jerk sniping.

Just your ability to read a posts is in error. Man this board has really dumbed down.

Not to be trite (or agree or disagree with the intellectual fortitude of this board), but your original post was not super clear. You said:

Moreover, none of them are top-level NFL QB's who had a similar neck surgery. That experience offers a different insight that someone else, even a doctor, cannot add.

At first glance, considering the negativity of the paragraphs above and below these two sentences, it looks as if you are saying that none of the players who commented, including Joe Montana, are top-level QBs.

I had to read it a second time after reading your second post to get what you were saying.

For the record, I'm not convinced PM will be back and/or ever play at the same high level, but I'm rooting for him to be.

First of all, we are only told what the organization wants out there. With the lying that we saw with Marvin's injury, you should be much more skeptical of what the organization is putting out.

So Joe Montana was NOT a top QB? Hey each person has their own opinion.

My bad lol Dumb Blonde I guess..........

Oh c'mon now, you are stealing our stuff. lol Here's one for you to ponder. A friend of mine said men in N.Y. are wearing panty hose. I said know weigh. She said weigh. They are called mantyhose. Supposedly, these men are the new Metro sexuals, whatever that means. :facepalm:

View Postdoogansquest, on 16 September 2011 - 08:42 AM, said:

Oh good. The doctors, trainers, coaches, owners, and players weren't enough confirmation for me that Manning could come back. Now that Joe says so...WHEW!!!

First, note that the entire post was in direct response (hence the quote) to Doogansquest. Doogan said "the doctors, trainers, coaches, owners, and (Colts) players weren't enough...."

In direct response, "First of all (meaning the next point would be in direct follow up to this first point), we are only told what the organization wants out there".....and then "...none of them (see first comment in his post..them refers to the organization, more specifically the "them" that doogan was referring to i.e. doctors, trainers, coaches, owners, and (Colts) players") are top-level NFL QB's who had a similar neck surgery."

The statement wasn't "none of them are top-level NFL QB's".......it was "none of them are top-level QB's who had a similar neck surgery". I don't see how he was unclear. However, and this is one of the biggest problems on this board imo, is that if there were any confusion, why not simply ask for clarification instead of coming back with a snide, sarcastic response due to YOUR misunderstanding of what he said?

ummmm... I simply felt this was an interesting "perspective" on Manning's Injury. Nowhere in this post is or interview is there a "diagnosis"...... Only a point of view from someone who has "been there."

anywhere from two months to forever

Yeah pretty much, though the general consensus so far is that he should have no problem being able to return. The concern rather is whether he'll be able to return to his previous form and have the same arm strength he had before the surgeries.

Yeah pretty much, though the general consensus so far is that he should have no problem being able to return. The concern rather is whether he'll be able to return to his previous form and have the same arm strength he had before the surgeries.

Yes, this is the issue. There is NO guarantee his triceps nerve will come back to 100%

We all just have to wait and see.