Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Should Go After Teabow

swflacoltsfans

Why don't we just sign and/or trade for every backup QB in the league. Yeah, that would solve the biggest issue on this team---the defense! We could just plug them in at every posistion and we would be instant super bowl contenders.[sarcasm off]

Seriously, all this get this QB or that QB has to stop. The problem is, once again, DEFENSE!!! Why is this concept so difficult to accept? It does not matter who you put in at QB if the o-line can't block and the defense can't stop the run or the pass. Does anybody actually believe that by just plugging in a different QB that these issues are not going to exist anymore? Not to mention the fact that any new QB would take weeks just to grasp a small part of the playbook that would just set the offense back even further than they are now.

Tebow would help us get Luck, and Collins is doing a fine job at that so far.

For real though, only make a move at QB if it helps the team. Tebow isn't the right guy and I think its too late as it is.

Either Collins will succeed or we will tank.

Tebow would help us get Luck, and Collins is doing a fine job at that so far.

For real though, only make a move at QB if it helps the team. Tebow isn't the right guy and I think its too late as it is.

Either Collins will succeed or we will tank.

This.

It's Collins/Painter win or lose.

Probably lose.

If Tebow is available for cheap after this season then I'd be all for picking him up. We should cut Collins after the season, and Painter, and then Tebow could be our backup for Peyton over the next few years. Not saying he would be the answer as the heir apparent to Peyton, but a solid backup option with leadership ability. Then when Peyton retires, when can look to acquire our franchise QB of the future, whether it be through the draft or trade.

People are already talking about wanting to bring in Orton, we might as well bring in Tebow & Quinn as well. I think we could trade Donald Brown & Painter for Orton, Quinn, Tebow and I'm sure they would still throw in Elvis Dumervil as well, lol!!!!

On a serious note I just say leave things the way they are. If anything try to fix up special teams and the rush defense as usual. Maybe next year pending on how the Colts do, they can bring in a young stud QB and build him throughout what is left of Mannings career. It's virtually impossible to know what the Colts are going to do. Will be a very interesting season and off season.

Yeah maybe we can make him a guard and help address our real issues the o-line. When your QB is getting 1.8 seconds to throw and 1.9 seconds to throw it doesn't matter who the QB is they are going to get sacked.

Teabow is a runner with a QB title. I agree most other qbs would be sacked. He can take off running. We aren't going to solve the OL problem this year. he could be the short term answer until Peyton returns.

Run Teabow Run!!

People are already talking about wanting to bring in Orton, we might as well bring in Tebow & Quinn as well. I think we could trade Donald Brown & Painter for Orton, Quinn, Tebow and I'm sure they would still throw in Elvis Dumervil as well, lol!!!!

On a serious note I just say leave things the way they are. If anything try to fix up special teams and the rush defense as usual. Maybe next year pending on how the Colts do, they can bring in a young stud QB and build him throughout what is left of Mannings career. It's virtually impossible to know what the Colts are going to do. Will be a very interesting season and off season.

How many "young QB studs" do you think are willing to sit behind Peyton for four more years. Hopefully, Peyton is back next year and nevers misses a snap again until her retires. Are the Colts going to be willing to pay a 1st round qb with Peyton still around?

Why don't we just sign and/or trade for every backup QB in the league. Yeah, that would solve the biggest issue on this team---the defense! We could just plug them in at every posistion and we would be instant super bowl contenders.[sarcasm off]

Seriously, all this get this QB or that QB has to stop. The problem is, once again, DEFENSE!!! Why is this concept so difficult to accept? It does not matter who you put in at QB if the o-line can't block and the defense can't stop the run or the pass. Does anybody actually believe that by just plugging in a different QB that these issues are not going to exist anymore? Not to mention the fact that any new QB would take weeks just to grasp a small part of the playbook that would just set the offense back even further than they are now.

Where are all these players that are going to fix the DL and OL this year? We need a total revamping of both. A QB that can help us score some points to keep us in the hunt until Peyton returns is one person. Bring in Teabow, give him half the playbook and tell him to run his butt off. Pray we are 6-6 when Peyton returns. BUT, BUT, in all honesty I doubt he will play this year. If we are 3-9 why risk him getting hurt. Take the higher draft picks and gear up for next year.

Go Colts!!

Where are all these players that are going to fix the DL and OL this year? We need a total revamping of both. A QB that can help us score some points to keep us in the hunt until Peyton returns is one person. Bring in Teabow, give him half the playbook and tell him to run his butt off. Pray we are 6-6 when Peyton returns. BUT, BUT, in all honesty I doubt he will play this year. If we are 3-9 why risk him getting hurt. Take the higher draft picks and gear up for next year.

Go Colts!!

Thats just it, we won't fix the DL and OL this yr. Thats my point. Any QB is just gonna be running for his life and its would take a while for him to learn even a small part of the playbook. The run defense is still going to suck and the oline will still suck so why trade picks or anything else to get a guy that won't do any better than Collins. It just don't make good sense. We got RB's to run the ball, how would Tebow be any better than them without good blocking? The coaches have to be willing to even try to run the ball. Thats my problem with the coaching, they still think we can go with the same gameplan as if Manning were there. Sometimes people just need to look at the whole picture and not just a small part of it.

I doubt Denver will even be willing to let him go. Otherwise they have to admit they made a mistake drafting him when they did.

Even if they do let him go, I don't think they'll let him go cheaply.

First part I disagree with because it was a different Front office staff that drafted Tebow so the new staff could easily let him go since it wouldn't have been their mistake in drafting him. However that leads to the second statement you made which I do agree with. Even though I don't think they'd have any problem letting him go, they wouldn't let him go cheaply.

Bottom line...we do not need another QB. If we're not going to use Collins then just use Painter. If it comes to a point where we know for a fact Manning isn't going to be back this year then make Painter the starter to at the very least give him a chance to gain some experience. Collins was brought in to be a short term answer until Peyton returns but it may wind up that there is no short term. For now though, as long as there is a glimmer of hope that Manning may return then we have to go with whoever gives us the best chance to win and the coaches feel (and I can't disagree) that Collins is the man. The absolute only way I'd want to see another QB come in would be if Collins were to go down and then just bring in someone else on a 1 year deal. If we like the new guy we can re-sign him but if not then he fulfills the role of backup for the year and then we part ways.

We should go after Tebow.

We should go after Orton.

We should start Painter.

We should fire Caldwell.

Polian should retire immediately.

I'm beginning to wonder if Matt Millen has multiple accounts here. Our moderation staff should investigate.

If we operated in this fashion, we would have the three stooges at QB, god knows who as a coach and one of the best GM's in the business sailing around on a yacht.

I like Tebow and I think he has a great attitude. He wouldn't have off the field issues in any way. I think he's overrated as a QB, though. With all due respect, I don't think that bringing him in will magically solve our problems. Our O-line issues will still exist and the defense has trouble tackling and cannot seem to get off the field.

As much as I like him, I don't think he's the answer.

I like Tebow and I think he has a great attitude. He wouldn't have off the field issues in any way.

Frankly, I think people make way too big of a deal out of much of that stuff. These guys can't fart in public without being branded as problematic criminals. Every time Big Ben hooks up with a cutie, he gets a rape allegation, for example. Then we want to sit in our comfy chairs and blame them for having a little fun, like we're alter boys or somethin.

I can only imagine being in my 20's, having millions of dollars and yet being afraid to leave my home.

If we landed Teabow he would immediately solve our running game issues. Let him scramble and take off. When Peyton comes back he becomes the backup and learns from the best.

Ok you can beat me up now!

Go Colts!!

How much can you possibly know about this guy or how well he plays when you don't even know how to spell his name?

We should go after Tebow.

We should go after Orton.

We should start Painter.

We should fire Caldwell.

Polian should retire immediately.

I'm beginning to wonder if Matt Millen has multiple accounts here. Our moderation staff should investigate.

If we operated in this fashion, we would have the three stooges at QB, god knows who as a coach and one of the best GM's in the business sailing around on a yacht.

Outstanding.

I am amazed at the lack of intelligent football thoughts that spring from this board. If people handled their job in the fashion that the some want the Colts to handle their business, there would be a ton of businesses closing their doors.

Outstanding.

I am amazed at the lack of intelligent football thoughts that spring from this board. If people handled their job in the fashion that the some want the Colts to handle their business, there would be a ton of businesses closing their doors.

...and in ten years time we would be the Los Angeles Colts, Jack Nickleson would attend every home game and Peyton Manning would be President of Football Operations for the New Orleans Saints.

Frankly, I think people make way too big of a deal out of much of that stuff. These guys can't fart in public without being branded as problematic criminals. Every time Big Ben hooks up with a cutie, he gets a rape allegation, for example. Then we want to sit in our comfy chairs and blame them for having a little fun, like we're alter boys or somethin.

I can only imagine being in my 20's, having millions of dollars and yet being afraid to leave my home.

Look into Tebow's background. You'll know what I'm talking about.