Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Denver secondary-where were they tonight?

subvet

The secondary gave the game away, they depended on Champ Bailey to work alone and it is obvious he couldn't do it.  I sure hope the Broncos can afford a few new backs if they want to get a ring.

That aside it was the most exciting game this side of a Luck comeback this year!

Chris Harris looked like a pretty solid corner, but Bailey, Moore, and Carter all got beat badly on plays. Hard to blame the loss completely on them though.

You don't bring in the biggest FA QB acquisition in NFL history, and have him take a knee with 30 seconds and two timeouts when all he needs is a field goal in a playoff game.

Chris Harris looked like a pretty solid corner, but Bailey, Moore, and Carter all got beat badly on plays. Hard to blame the loss completely on them though.

You don't bring in the biggest FA QB acquisition in NFL history, and have him take a knee with 30 seconds and two timeouts when all he needs is a field goal in a playoff game.

Did you ever think that Fox called that play? :) Do you really think Peyton would have called that dumb play? ;) If so I thought you knew Peyton better than that.  JMO

Did you ever think that Fox called that play? :) Do you really think Peyton would have called that dumb play? ;) If so I thought you knew Peyton better than that.  JMO

I'm positive Fox made that decision.....but I also think Peyton could/should have audibled. I'm sure with hindsight they would all agree.

I thought that was really odd. I'm surprised Manning didn't overrule his decision. Sort of like in 2005 when he told the punt team to get off the field against the Steelers.

Speaking of Champ Bailey, that pass interference call that gave the Ravens the 3rd down conversion was dumb. The expression on Bailey's face said it all.

I'd kind of forgotten about that play. It somehow fell through the cracks when compared with the other bad calls and terrible defensive play.

Secondary was overrated all along. Their D looked good against the likes of the Browns and Chiefs. What an accomplishment.

...they were exposed tonight.   Although it truly was a great game...back & forth, until finally we got the momentum and kept it for the duration of the game.  I know the Pats are glad we knocked off the Broncos for them.  It was a tall order to fill, but our cup didn't "runneth over!"

Well,that was painful to watch. I-am-going-to-go-hide-in-the-cave painful. There is enough blame to go around and I don't feel like getting into that because I know they are devastated and I'm devastated for them. But I had a mini epiphany this morning even though it's cliche: losing is part of winning. They cannot be separated. We would have been better off not having won 11-games in a row and a HFA. It is not good to be in a weak division. I know the Broncos worked really hard as a team to not to believe the hype, but I think it's impossible. So perhaps it's not an accident the player who committed the biggest mistake was a second-year player.

This just underscores how hard it is to win it all. And we had pretty good health this season. Who knows about next? I appreciate hard-working players and coaches on my team. This exact thing happened in 1996-7 season.

Congrats to the Ravens. They played hard and well.

The secondary gave the game away, they depended on Champ Bailey to work alone and it is obvious he couldn't do it.  I sure hope the Broncos can afford a few new backs if they want to get a ring.

That aside it was the most exciting game this side of a Luck comeback this year!

It was a great game...almost 4 1/2 hours/...but that's one of the toughest losses I've ever seen for a home team.

the two leaders..Manning and Bailey.......failed in key moments...

They have another chance with this yeah next year but there is age on the defense and time is running out...