Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It now gets tougher...Baltimore we meet again

Jules

We must leave our comforts of home and venture into a dark and familiar place.

Baltimore, our good friends. ;)

The return of Ray Lewis I assume. A proud veteran team who has been hanging on for dear life for weeks.

But, this Colts team is loaded right now with heart and completely in tune with ONE VOICE; Chuck Pagano. They CAN overcome some road woes and fight this thing....together.

Besides, Pagano knows this Baltimore team pretty well. :)

And who would have thought we would be playing AGAINST Jim Caldwell.

Amazing.

Well, if there was one team I wanted to face it was the Ravens.

Besides the Giants, they've been bad the last 5 weeks. They've lost 4 out of their last 5, and there are many holes.

The Colts have a very good chance of beating this team.

jury is still out on Flacco and that is sad to say about a QB who has been playing as long as he has. In my half homer and half objective opinion, I believe Luck is already better than him. In the playoffs the best QB usually wins.

See I've never felt like the Ravens went all in to get Flacco weapons.  Don't get me wrong they have some very nice players but unlike the Colts who have loaded up on talent around their QB I am not sure the Ravens have ever done it.  I would be really interested to see what he would do if he was in a place like Houston with all those weapons and what a guy like Schaub would do with the Ravens. 

So Ravens admit they pretty much laid down today...

Dungy read threw it and says that tells him they wanted the Colts so now they have them.  Careful what you want.

Ravens rested and Colts played for momentum we all knew what would happen to the Colts when this would happen let's see if fate smiles on us this time. 

See I've never felt Luke the Ravens went all in to get Flacco weapons. Don't get me wrong they have some very nice players but unlike the Colts who have loaded up on talent around their QB I am not sure the Ravens have ever done it. I would be really interested to see what he would do if he was in a place like Houston with all those weapons and what a guy like Schaub would do with the Ravens.

They went ands got him anqwan boldin, torrey smith is very good. Ray rice is a beast and they have a great oline

They went ands got him anqwan boldin, torrey smith is very good. Ray rice is a beast and they have a great oline

Like I said I think they have some nice peaces but Boldin and Smith are both very good number two WRs.  Neither is a super star WR.  He's never had a guy like Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne.  That's what I am getting at.  Ray Rice is as good as there is no question about that but when you are talking about QB play and the RB is one of his better weapons that kinda proves the point that they haven't gone all in on putting talent around him. 

Arians is pretty familiar with the Ravens since he has planned against them two or three times a year in recent years(playoffs includes). Having Chuck and Bruce's knowledge is a plus. Playing with the youth the Colts have in Baltimore is tough. Lets hope knowlegde and heart wins out!!!!!!!!! Go Colts!!!!! I actually live here in Baltimore and have already heard a few comments from Ravens fans that Luck scares them. These comments came as I visited several stores after the game while sporting my Freeney jersey . A few friends have also texted and with very little confidence.

Like I said I think they have some nice peaces but Boldin and Smith are both very good number two WRs. Neither is a super star WR. He's never had a guy like Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne. That's what I am getting at. Ray Rice is as good as there is no question about that but when you are talking about QB play and the RB is one of his better weapons that kinda proves the point that they haven't gone all in on putting talent around him.

I know they have a lot of money on defense. Maybe that's why they can't afford a big stud receiver. I don't think they expect Flacco to be elite, but when you are behind its tough if you don't have someone special under center

One thing I am most worried about the Ravens is their cheap shots on QBs who leave the pocket. Expect a lot of blitzing and pressure on Luck and our O-line.

This game will be won by the Colts if we can stop their run. If not, it will be a long day if they get the lead and get to tee off on Luck.

On offense, we have to run the ball, the Ravens' run D is not what it used to be, IMO.

I know they have a lot of money on defense. Maybe that's why they can't afford a big stud receiver. I don't think they expect Flacco to be elite, but when you are behind its tough if you don't have someone special under center

Right.  I think Flacco is pretty good I would just really like to see what he could do if you say put him on the Texans.  Him and Schaub really remind me of each other the only difference is Schaub has a lot more talent around him. 

The team from Indy usually does pretty good there :)   I think it is the best matchup we could have gotten in the playoffs.  Baltimore is the better team, but we play with more passion.  So hopefully we can win.

I loved the Colts in Baltimore and in Indy.  Good stuff.

Nicely done.

Is this the return of Ray Lewis game? How much do we expect him to even have left? *shrugs*

I don't know but I am more concerned about Suggs.  He had his way with Castonzo last year (easily Castonzo's worst game to date).  That's the one thing about playing the Ravens that really does scare me. 

So Ravens admit they pretty much laid down today...

Dungy read threw it and says that tells him they wanted the Colts so now they have them.  Careful what you want.

Ravens rested and Colts played for momentum we all knew what would happen to the Colts when this would happen let's see if fate smiles on us this time. 

The Ravens got us, can't say I blame them for wanting us though. We can't stop the run PERIOD! Today was a fluke, tons of emotion with coach Pagano returning yet the Texans still rushed for 102 yards. Imagine what Ray Rice is going to do to our defense in their house, it will be a severe punch to the forehead. Next week is going to be a harsh reality for us unfortunately. With that said, I do believe we have a lot of great pieces to our team and next year we should hopefully have a more solid year without Andrew Luck having to run for his life on EVERY play. Go Colts!!!

The Ravens got us, can't say I blame them for wanting us though. We can't stop the run PERIOD! Today was a fluke, tons of emotion with coach Pagano returning yet the Texans still rushed for 102 yards. Imagine what Ray Rice is going to do to our defense in their house, it will be a severe punch to the forehead. Next week is going to be a harsh reality for us unfortunately. With that said, I do believe we have a lot of great pieces to our team and next year we should hopefully have a more solid year without Andrew Luck having to run for his life on EVERY play. Go Colts!!!

Hmmm??? I think we can stop Mr. Rice well, it depends on which D shows up. Keep Smith and Rice in check this game is highly winnable. I'm more worried about the screaming Balti fans than anything.