Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Interesting stat for Darius Butler.

Dustin

But how could we pass up on the great Coby Fleener?  :sarcasm:

I don't know why people are so down on Fleener, Rarely does a TE make a huge impact in their rookie year. Just look at Rudolph, Hernandez, and Graham. None of them had great rookie seasons but were studs in their second.

I don't know why people are so down on Fleener, Rarely does a TE make a huge impact in their rookie year. Just look at Rudolph, Hernandez, and Graham. None of them had great rookie seasons but were studs in their second.

He's been severely outplayed by Allen. I mean obviously it looked like a good choice at the time, but I haven't seen him do anything to justify us reaching for him.

He's been severely outplayed by Allen. I mean obviously it looked like a good choice at the time, but I haven't seen him do anything to justify us reaching for him.

Some had Allen as the highest rated TE going into the draft, so I'm not shocked that he is better then Fleener right now.  I still think Fleener will be a beast next year but that means that Allen will be triple beast lol

When throwing toward Darius Butler, opposing QBs average a passer rating of 37.7. This is the second lowest total in the league. The only corner allowing less is Casey Hayward of the Green Bay Packers.

You guys think that Darius will be our #2 corner next year?

http://i.imgur.com/8B8h3.png

He must improve his tackling. He covers better than Vaughn but Vaughn tackles better.

PFF....

On the other side, the Colts’ defense has struggled all season, including inconsistent play in the secondary. Cornerback Vontae Davis ranks 98th out of 115 qualifiers with 1.61 Yards Per Cover Snap while CB Cassius Vaughn ranks 106th at 1.67. Vaughn’s -11.3 grade ranks third worst among all cornerbacks. Safety Antoine Bethea will be challenged by Houston’s play action game and he’ll need to tackle better as he’s missing one every 8.7 attempts.

I'd like to know each of our Corners individual target numbers. Sports Illustrated does not have it. NFL.com does not have it

Well, before last game, Davis was targeted 18 times and allowed 14 receptions for 2 TDs. He allowed QBs a passer rating of 146.1.

Wow, Congrats Butler.

But we need a #2 CB, Butler seems clear right now to be #2 but he's in Nickel. Coaches obviously think he's best there cause I'm bamboozled on how Vaughn starts week in & week out

Yeah....   especially the week where he was the Defensive Player of the Week....

Can't believe we didn't bench his sorry *** after that performance....

Yeah....   especially the week where he was the Defensive Player of the Week....

Can't believe we didn't bench his sorry *** after that performance....

Not sure how anyone could come to his defense, He had one good week out of 10 starts, He actually has more penalties (11 if I remember right then he does pass deflections and picks combined)

Not sure how anyone could come to his defense, He had one good week out of 10 starts, He actually has more penalties (11 if I remember right then he does pass deflections and picks combined)

Sorry,  but I've been very consistent.    I like the kid.   I think he's got raw talent.   I don't think he's terrible.

The biggest complaint I see about him here is that many Colts' fans don't like it when Vaughn makes a routine play and comes up waiving his arms and drawing attention.     Sorry,   but that's never bothered me.

As for him sucking...    I don't think he does.     I don't think he's a starter on a top team,  but I'm fine if he's one of our 4 corner backs.....   even if he's the 4th...   I don't think many teams will have a better 4th corner than Vaughn.   Or, put another way,  we can likely do worse for a 4th corner. 

I find the weekly rants from Colts fans proclaiming their outrage over how bad this player is and how bad that player is to be almost comical.

To each their own....

Butler really takes his chance at Colts and realizes his talent. I think he had the largest portion (almost the half) of team's total turnovers. The only thing that bothers me, that he's only making picks against lower ranked teams (Jags, KC). He still deserves well his spot on the roster.

I hope he can develop his skills for next season. Hi missed out an entire season if I'm right, so he needs some more time to make the pace.

Butler has also been the nickel corner the past few weeks maybe if he was the number two and Vaughn was the nickel the stats might be reversed. Just trust the coaches on this they see them every day. I am sure there is a reason Vaughn starts over butler. With that said butler had played well for the most part and that is good for the colts!

The biggest complaint I see about him here is that many Colts' fans don't like it when Vaughn makes a routine play and comes up waiving his arms and drawing attention.     Sorry,   but that's never bothered me.

Really? The biggest complaint I see is that he can't cover.

No one understands why he hasn't been benched yet smh

He hasn't been benched yet because.....................

There's.          Nobody.        Better.      On.        The.         Roster.

Hopefully there will be next season.    I expect there will be next season.    But, again,  I think the kid can play and contribute and while I don't want him starting next year, I want him on the team.

I know it's not popular with many,  but that's my view.....

Butler.

You know something.....

I agree with you....    and if asked, I would have said it's Davis and Butler who start, not Davis and Vaughn...

But my vote doesn't count.     Fans vote don't count.

And according to the coaches,  Vaughn is better as the starting corner.     Don't know what to tell you.    Perhaps the staff likes Butler as the nickel cover corner better.    Perhaps Vaughn is willing to play the run tougher.   He's bigger and I think more willing to tackle.

I just try not to get too worked up over personnel when a team that I thought would be no better than 7-9 is now sitting at 10-5.

It's like complaining about not getting the perfect gift at Christmas.    I think the season is a small miracle.     I just want to enjoy it.

He's been severely outplayed by Allen. I mean obviously it looked like a good choice at the time, but I haven't seen him do anything to justify us reaching for him.

This and I don't see the same athleticism in Fleener as I do in Graham and Hernandez, so I'm not sure we can expect anywhere near that kind of improvement from him.

When throwing toward Darius Butler, opposing QBs average a passer rating of 37.7. This is the second lowest total in the league. The only corner allowing less is Casey Hayward of the Green Bay Packers.

You guys think that Darius will be our #2 corner next year?

http://i.imgur.com/8B8h3.png

The nickel/dime back position isnt necessarily the "3rd string". Butler is their because he is the most athletic DB on our team. He has great hips/feet which is important when covering the slot because the slot has more room to work. He isnt a guy that we should move up to the 2 spot. Hes better in the nickel. More importantly hes the only one we can put in the slot. You think Vaughn is getting burned at the 2? With the sideline to help him? The slot would put up a 100 by 2nd quarter! We need to bring in a guy that can fill the 2 and leave Butler in his nickel/dime spot.