Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Debate!

GoPats

OK, so now we can all debate who's better...

Kerry Collins or Matt Cassel? lmao

J/K, trying to keep it light. I know how it feels to watch your team without it's marquee player and, to be honest, I hope that Manning only misses minimal time. It doesn't mean as much when one of your rivals is missing their most important player, and I also have him in FF this year. rotfl

Hidden

This organization has become a joke. Irsay is the new Jerry Jones with his bulls@#t tweets. Polian blows the perfect season so our starters will be ready for the pro bowl. No care for the fans all about the money. Look at the steelers packers falcons, lets build a team like they do. ONe good note tressal will be the coach next year as caldwell will be the fall guy for this season. That must be why they kept gonzalez around. by the way good luck jerry hughes and donald brown you are our future. Thnks bill you egotistical joker.

:ref:

If your going to bash Polian get the facts straight they were not pulled for the pro=bowl that was the season we went to and won the super bowl. lol I was just as disappointed as many of the fans but I have since gotten over it and moved on. Jim Irsay is our owner and as I do not always understand his tweets it is his right to post what he wants to. To compare him to Jerry Jones I see no comparison what so ever. JMO of course. By the way welcome to the board. :banana:

If your going to bash Polian get the facts straight they were not pulled for the pro=bowl that was the season we went to and won the super bowl. lol I was just as disappointed as many of the fans but I have since gotten over it and moved on. Jim Irsay is our owner and as I do not always understand his tweets it is his right to post what he wants to. To compare him to Jerry Jones I see no comparison what so ever. JMO of course. By the way welcome to the board. :banana:

you are wrong we lost to nem orleans in the sb! I believe that was sarcasm about the pro bowl, and most colt

fans will never get over the fact we did'nt have the guts to go for a perfect season, including peyton manning

Kind of an odd thread to post this comment, the OP was trying to lighten things up. Plus, he makes a good point comparing the Pats to us.

Maybe you should try stampedeblue, you'll find a lot of sympathizers there.

He posted the exact same response in my thread. Congrats for knowing how to use copy/paste. lol

He posted the exact same response in my thread. Congrats for knowing how to use copy/paste. lol

Ahh, I didn't know he was trolling. I don't get why they do that. Do they think they're funny? They're not. Neither cleaver or even satirical. Just a little annoying, like a gnat near your ear.

J/K, trying to keep it light. I know how it feels to watch your team without it's marquee player and, to be honest, I hope that Manning only misses minimal time. It doesn't mean as much when one of your rivals is missing their most important player, and I also have him in FF this year. rotfl

Much appreciated coming from a Pats fan, I also remember cheering for Moss 2 years ago when he was on my fantasy team vs the colts lol

Given the circumstances, I think it's Collins. He hasn't thrown for 9 months and come in and learns one of the most complex offenses in football in 3 weeks. Now, this doesn't mean I don't think Cassel did a phenomenal job, because he did. He may not have played since HS, but he practiced with USC and the Pats before he played.

Ahh, I didn't know he was trolling. I don't get why they do that. Do they think they're funny? They're not. Neither cleaver or even satirical. Just a little annoying, like a gnat near your ear.

Agreed. And they're the reason everyone had to go through the 3 post per day thing. Super annoying

I didnt know cheering for a player on your fantasy team constitues you not to be a Colts fan. Thanks for the info :thmup:

It does according to Mike Greenberg. He told Golic that he didn't draft Tom Brady because he's a Jets fan. Golic proceeded to call Greeney stupid. lol at Mike and Mike

you are wrong we lost to nem orleans in the sb! I believe that was sarcasm about the pro bowl, and most colt

fans will never get over the fact we did'nt have the guts to go for a perfect season, including peyton manning

Sorry my bad but I knew we went to the SB just got my years mixed up. Thanks for correcting me in a nice way because others wouldn't have. lol I wasn't happy about not going for the perfect season either but I figure it's done so I'm trying to forget it. (not easy to do either) :thanks:

"Didn't have the guts?" What, do you think that they were too scared to play?

"Never get over?" What, did they cheat on you with another team or something?

I love how people assign a rudimentary human failing to a rational decision so that they can wrap the whole topic up in a simplistic ball of hate.

Wouldn't it actually make more sense to say how remarkable it is that the FO HAD the guts to make a decision that they knew would engender ridicule, scorn, and hatred - because they thought that that was the best way to win the Super Bowl - the entire point of the exercise. In other words, they were doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, not pandering to people who have more emotion than sense.

And Peyton's opinion is irrelevant - he is a football player. They have to drag him off the field kicking and screaming when they are up by 30 points with two minutes left. He lives to compete - and I'd expect nothing less - but all successful football players are competitive to the point of self-destruction. This was a decision that needed to be made by someone aware of the larger picture.

Of course I would have liked to see the team go undefeated, but it wasn't that big a deal. The difference is that for all intents and purposes I feel that they DID go undefeated. In football, you either need to win a game, or you don't. If you don't, then it is impossible to recreate the intensity of a real game, and foolish to waste the effort and risk injury trying. It was NO more important than the pre-season, which is so boring that I barely pay attention. And do you remember the snow in Buffalo? I was just praying that the key players would get off the field in one piece. The only thing that bothers me about that season is Hank Baskett, Dwight Freeney's leg, and the pick six. Change any ONE of those and the Colts would have completed arguably the most impressive season in the history of the sport.

I love how people assign a rudimentary human failing to a rational decision so that they can wrap the whole topic up in a simplistic ball of hate.

Wouldn't it actually make more sense to say how remarkable it is that the FO HAD the guts to make a decision that they knew would engender ridicule, scorn, and hatred - because they thought that that was the best way to win the Super Bowl - the entire point of the exercise. In other words, they were doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, not pandering to people who have more emotion than sense.

And Peyton's opinion is irrelevant - he is a football player. They have to drag him off the field kicking and screaming when they are up by 30 points with two minutes left. He lives to compete - and I'd expect nothing less - but all successful football players are competitive to the point of self-destruction. This was a decision that needed to be made by someone aware of the larger picture.

Of course I would have liked to see the team go undefeated, but it wasn't that big a deal. The difference is that for all intents and purposes I feel that they DID go undefeated. In football, you either need to win a game, or you don't. If you don't, then it is impossible to recreate the intensity of a real game, and foolish to waste the effort and risk injury trying. It was NO more important than the pre-season, which is so boring that I barely pay attention. And do you remember the snow in Buffalo? I was just praying that the key players would get off the field in one piece. The only thing that bothers me about that season is Hank Baskett, Dwight Freeney's leg, and the pick six. Change any ONE of those and the Colts would have completed arguably the most impressive season in the history of the sport.

yes i remember watching peyton stumble around in the snow for a quarter!! must have forgot about that big picture thing. or maybe to keep a streak alive. i could drone on and on about the way 70,000 people booed and cussed as i try

to explane to a 9 year old what they are thinking,about protecting peyton and then watching him play in a blizzard, but no need for that. good luck #5

There's no way you could've watched that game and make that statement. If you did watch, Peyton was upset. He wanted it, the entire team wanted it but they understood they have to take orders. Come on man.

Right now, I would say Cassel due to age, but I think Collins can come in and post some decent numbers. If we win this Sunday, people will have a lot of crow to eat. haha

Until Cassal wins a Superbowl Kerry it is. Kerry has one Cassal hasn't thron a Superbowl TD yet. Go Colts.

It does according to Mike Greenberg. He told Golic that he didn't draft Tom Brady because he's a Jets fan. Golic proceeded to call Greeney stupid. lol at Mike and Mike

Fantasy is completely unimportant to me, as a Jet, why would he want to route for anyone on the rival team for some imaginary game.

He has a very valid point.

Oddly enough, I was in a FF draft last night, and a Pats fan picked up both Mannings for QB.

I thought that odd, especially after yesterday's news, and that he picked up Peyton (fairly early).

I think the colts should have started Painter for the real comparison.:)

But seriously he should start. Why is he a backup, name only? He knows the system, Collins doesn't. I didn't see much of him in preseason to see the actual attributes he may have, not stats.

But I will say Cassel didn't look good stat wise in preseason but I saw his potential and these guys need to get in the game to show it.

Assuming PM is out for the season and you go 5-11..so be it. Lots of QBs have gone 5-11 their 1st season and gone on to be good.

He wasn't cut for a reason.

And if isn't good then the FO should have done something a year ago. There's a reason for a backup QB other than just handing off the ball.

Fantasy is completely unimportant to me, as a Jet, why would he want to route for anyone on the rival team for some imaginary game.

Because fantasy isn't really cheering for rivals - its just a strategy game to figure who will score the most points and starting them IMO

Because fantasy isn't really cheering for rivals - its just a strategy game to figure who will score the most points and starting them IMO

^Agreed. Currently I have Phillip Rivers as my #1 QB Flacco # 2. Everytime I hear anyone mention the Chargers and/or Ravens my gag reflex acts up. Some people are able to look past rivalry, some ppl avoid drafting rivals all togther, and some just don't play FF. Either way its all good. And if any of my rivals or non rivals on my FF are playing against my teams (Colts,Falcons) of course I don't cheer for them.

I didnt know cheering for a player on your fantasy team constitues you not to be a Colts fan. Thanks for the info :thmup:

Ha, I see what you did there with the rephrasing ;) Cheering for someone on your Fantasy team is one thing.. Cheering for them against YOUR FAVORITE TEAM? kinda goes against being a fan of said team.. Or maybe the worlds of fantasy and reality have blurred so much that football doesn't have diehard fans anymore. I guess Fantasy football is more important than real football now.. I would think most would agree that rooting for a player to do well against your own team would compromise your passion for that team.

yes i remember watching peyton stumble around in the snow for a quarter!! must have forgot about that big picture thing. or maybe to keep a streak alive. i could drone on and on about the way 70,000 people booed and cussed as i try

to explane to a 9 year old what they are thinking,about protecting peyton and then watching him play in a blizzard, but no need for that. good luck #5

Sorry you had a hard time with your kid. Personally I had read numerous comments from Polian in particular indicating exactly what they were going to do, and was vividly aware of their prior history. Were you completely oblivious to this for some reason? I was only surprised that they kept the starters in against the Jets as long as they did. Since I had absolutely zero expectation of them attempting to go undefeated, I had no reason to be shocked. Maybe a little disappointed, but it took me about 10 seconds to get over it. It's hardly worth holding a grudge - particularly since these are the very same people who are responsible for the success which you obviously enjoy.

I agree that they played too long against the Bills. One quarter would be typical, but I thought the snow would have justified pulling them earlier. I recall a lot of passes to Reggie in an attempt to reach a season mark - which is frankly pretty childish. But that only supports the argument that the players shouldn't be the ones making these decisions.

You are my favorite new poster. This may be the start of a bromance. ;)

Very well said.