Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey, How Ironic Would It Be If Collins Got Injured?

ReMeDy

We have a suspect o-line, a blitz-happy opposing week 1 defense, Mario Williams out for blood, we're playing at Houston (ie. crowd noise) and Collins is old and has had only 2-3 weeks of practice. I hope Curtis Painter is ready, because I've got a bad feeling about this...

We have a suspect o-line, a blitz-happy opposing week 1 defense, Mario Williams out for blood, we're playing at Houston (ie. crowd noise) and Collins is old and has had only 2-3 weeks of practice. I hope Curtis Painter is ready, because I've got a bad feeling about this...

I've got a bad feeling if we find a way to lose this game, not only will the Houston trolls run wild for a few days, but then we'll deal with all the people who said, "I told u we had no chance!". Etc...

You might want to edit the word "funny" if you can. People may take it the wrong way. It's not remotely funny, but it would be pretty darn ironic after all the build-up to this - and after "the old starter" lasting 227 straight games.

I don't expect miracles from Collins, and I'd enjoy watching Painter - but regardless I'm hoping that Williams hasn't made it past page five of that shiny new "3-4 defense" manual. The Colts had better have a TE designated to line up every play based on where Mario is. The mans a monster.

You might want to edit the word "funny" if you can. People may take it the wrong way. It's not remotely funny, but it would be pretty darn ironic after all the build-up to this - and after "the old starter" lasting 227 straight games.

I don't expect miracles from Collins, and I'd enjoy watching Painter - but regardless I'm hoping that Williams hasn't made it past page five of that shiny new "3-4 defense" manual. The Colts had better have a TE designated to line up every play based on where Mario is. The mans a monster.

Seriously . . . funny??? Please tell me that you didn't mean funny as in haha.

Perhaps, you meant ironic in that Colts got Collins to replace Manning only to have Collins injured meaning that we are now left with Painter. Which would make the signing of Collins pointless.

Even then, the only word I can use to describe that would be SAD.

Hope Collins has a great game and makes you eat crow. No it's not funny when anybody gets injured.

The negative 1 on this post was my bad. Accidentally bumped it since I'm on my phone. Can somebody +1 that for me to cancel it off? Sorry presto, totally agree with your post!

Yea, ironic would have been better, but I cant edit topic titles, unless a mod wants to do it.

I'm sure you didn't mean funny "ha-ha".

@ NM_Colts;

Just click the little plus or minus sign to add to peoples rep. You can only minus once per day, but you can hand out as many pluses as you feel you need to.

Its a way of acknowledging either good points or bad. You can view your total rep on your profile page, displayed on the left hand side in a green banner.

Not to be totally dense but... how do you do that? Is it the little green + sign button and the red - button? Or what?

Yuperdo.

You might want to read the help section about reputations. It's actually pretty cool to be able to acknowledge good posts (and bad as well). And it doesn't feel half bad when someone acknowledges yours either.

By the way, is the NM New Mexico? Your signature suggests someone who has spent a little bit too much time (for a Colts fan) in the NY metropolitan area. Pretty funny actually. I'll have to show my Jets fan sister and brother in law.

Yea, ironic would have been better, but I cant edit topic titles, unless a mod wants to do it.

If I was you I'd see who was active and PM them before dawn brings another 300 people dumping on you. I knew what you meant, but many will not care. Piling on is too much fun for them.

And now I see that the change has been made. Either my reading comprehension is off or they are incredibly fast.

Edited by MAC

Not funny at all.

Not only has the thread title been changed, BUT, the OP (ReMeDy) already clarified he/she had not meant "funny", rather "ironic". ReMeDy is a quality poster and had no intention of making a joke about Collins getting hurt and our franchise suffering even more.

Yuperdo.

You might want to read the help section about reputations. It's actually pretty cool to be able to acknowledge good posts (and bad as well). And it doesn't feel half bad when someone acknowledges yours either.

By the way, is the NM New Mexico? Your signature suggests someone who has spent a little bit too much time (for a Colts fan) in the NY metropolitan area. Pretty funny actually. I'll have to show my Jets fan sister and brother in law.

Thanks MAC and ruksak for the explanation of the rep buttons; I should have thought to read the help section but have to admit I never really noticed the + and - before.

Yes I'm from New Mexico. The closest I've been to NY is Connecticut where a good chunk of my family live. I have an unreasonable hatred of the Jets but have been thinking of changing my sig lately. :cute:

The Texans are going after Collins every play coming this Sunday not for just this game but for them to assure them a better chance of crushing all hopes for a late comeback by the Colts at seasons end. Why not face the facts Collins is old and as mobile as the statue of Lombardi outside Lambeau Field?

It is going to be brutal.

If the O-line has not improved on the abomination we fielded the past several seasons - Collins will need every bit of that horseshoe on his helmet to survive.

Here's hoping the O-line is marginally better than the past few seasons. Not just for pass protection, but if we can develop a run game it will make his life much, much, much easier.

I'm curious, and I don't know exactly what's going on with him right now, but what about bringing another vet in...specifically Carson Palmer. I like the guy and I think he's got some football to play. More so than Collins, imo. Handing the ball to Painter honestly scares the living daylights out of me.

I'm curious, and I don't know exactly what's going on with him right now, but what about bringing another vet in...specifically Carson Palmer. I like the guy and I think he's got some football to play. More so than Collins, imo. Handing the ball to Painter honestly scares the living daylights out of me.

We can't just go get Carson Palmer. First of all his contract isn't going to fit under the cap. Second of all the Bengals would have to be willing to trade him which right now they are not. Third even if some how we could get him the biggest complant about Collins is lack of time in the system well Palmer would have even less.

Look if we get to the point where we have to play Painter we are on our third string QB, you tell me another team in the NFL other than the Steelers last year (which shocked the football world) that could go to their third QB and be alright?

Don't even go there, just don't.

I've got a bad feeling if we find a way to lose this game, not only will the Houston trolls run wild for a few days, but then we'll deal with all the people who said, "I told u we had no chance!". Etc...

hold up. Are you telling me you expect us to win this game? To be honest even if Manning played it would have been a very close game, now we have a starter who has only been with the team for 2 weeks. Get real bro, we will not make the playoffs this year. Many people on this forum are lying to themselves if they think we have a chance in the division. Now im not saying lose every game and draft Luck, thats absurd. Hopefully Collins can get comfortable enough with the offense to win 5 or 6 games, but that is streching it.

hold up. Are you telling me you expect us to win this game? To be honest even if Manning played it would have been a very close game, now we have a starter who has only been with the team for 2 weeks. Get real bro, we will not make the playoffs this year. Many people on this forum are lying to themselves if they think we have a chance in the division. Now im not saying lose every game and draft Luck, thats absurd. Hopefully Collins can get comfortable enough with the offense to win 5 or 6 games, but that is streching it.

:troll:

I have been telling people to temper their expectations. It goes both ways. None of us have sufficient reason to proclaim the season as a loss anymore than we have reason to proclaim the season as a lock. We simply have no ability to gauge what will become of the Colts this year.

It is best we take proclamations and predictions just one game at a time until we realize what kind of creature we're dealing with here.

BTW: I love your user name. Quite clever indeed.

Not irony, tragedy.

I have been telling people to temper their expectations. It goes both ways. None of us have sufficient reason to proclaim the season as a loss anymore than we have reason to proclaim the season as a lock. We simply have no ability to gauge what will become of the Colts this year.

It is best we take proclamations and predictions just one game at a time until we realize what kind of creature we're dealing with here.

BTW: I love your user name. Quite clever indeed.

i completely agree with you, but some people have very unrealistic expectations. and thanks, thats the name of my website and due to my lack of spelling ability i didnt realize it should have been coltivator, but its still clever.