Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

when can we finally bench Zibs

hambone35

Ain't nobody on this forum that's a bigger fan of Lefeged than myself or Americolt, but Zibby has played well the last few games. Sometimes it just takes a little consistent playing time to get your feet under you. A month ago I would have agreed with you.

Defintiely. He hasn't done anything lately to get benched.

but....I JUST WANNA SEE LEFEGED OUT THERE.

Zibs can't get injured if he never hits anybody. Lefeged might not light up the world, but he's been playing his tail off on ST, and deserves a chance.

I will say he did have a good game against the Browns, but 1 out of 7 aren't good odds.

I still don't understand how a boxer doesn't try punching the ball out of the runner's arms.

Zibs can't get injured if he never hits anybody. Lefeged might not light up the world, but he's been playing his tail off on ST, and deserves a chance.

I will say he did have a good game against the Browns, but 1 out of 7 aren't good odds.

I still don't understand how a boxer doesn't try punching the ball out of the runner's arms.

He had a better game against the Titans.

And he doesn't put a lot of effort into punching the ball out because that's poor tackling technique, and football is not boxing.

He had a better game against the Titans.

And he doesn't put a lot of effort into punching the ball out because that's poor tackling technique, and football is not boxing.

I don't see how he had a better game against the Titans, but ok.

When you go in for a tackle, GOOD tacklers grab around the runner's arms first and make body tackles. Or while the runner is falling, the defender tries to "punch" (or insert your favorite adjective like "strip") the ball out of their arms.

It's hard to do either when you show up after the play is over most of the time.

I was really excited when we got zbikowski but he has played like garbage. He definately played better the last two games (meaning nobody ran past his amateur coverage for a game winner). I would definately like to see someone else at least share time with him. Freeman was hungry and look at his play this year maybe the same can be said for another player on the bench.

The same can be said for Jerraud Powers. I knew he was getting owned a lot but until they showed a video of his mistakes during the Tenn game I didnt realize how bad be was doing.

Obviously this is the main focus for the Colts and will be in the draft. Although Davis took our second pick and he hasnt been able to stay on the field this year.

I don't see how he had a better game against the Titans, but ok.

When you go in for a tackle, GOOD tacklers grab around the runner's arms first and make body tackles. Or while the runner is falling, the defender tries to "punch" (or insert your favorite adjective like "strip") the ball out of their arms.

It's hard to do either when you show up after the play is over most of the time.

I personally think he was better against the Titans because he didn't give up any plays, and he made more stops. He wasn't outstanding in either game, but he was solid in both. Better or not, still a decent outing against the Titans.

As for his tackling technique, I think a tackler's focus should be singular, particularly when our team has been plagued by poor tackling for several seasons. Zbikowski has been putting ball carriers down the past two weeks, and that's exactly what I think he should be doing. Any forced fumbles are a bonus. It seems like you're holding it against him that he's not stripping or punching the ball out specifically because he's a boxer, as if that means that he should be better at it. To me, the two techniques are completely unrelated.

I personally think he was better against the Titans because he didn't give up any plays, and he made more stops. He wasn't outstanding in either game, but he was solid in both. Better or not, still a decent outing against the Titans.

As for his tackling technique, I think a tackler's focus should be singular, particularly when our team has been plagued by poor tackling for several seasons. Zbikowski has been putting ball carriers down the past two weeks, and that's exactly what I think he should be doing. Any forced fumbles are a bonus. It seems like you're holding it against him that he's not stripping or punching the ball out specifically because he's a boxer, as if that means that he should be better at it. To me, the two techniques are completely unrelated.

I'm not going to hold it against him that he hasn't created 1 turnover yet, or he likes Tebowing when he gets burnt. I just thought being a boxer he would have a mean streak who stripped the ball and be the player he was at ND. Tis not the case.

I'm not going to hold it against him that he hasn't created 1 turnover yet, or he likes Tebowing when he gets burnt. I just thought being a boxer he would have a mean streak who stripped the ball and be the player he was at ND. Tis not the case.

We have three turnovers through seven games. Practically no one has forced a turnover to this point. It would be unfair to hold it against Zbikowski.

He had two really bad games in a row, GB and NYJ. At that point, I was hoping we'd give Lefeged some opportunity. But Zbikowski tightened up and had a couple decent games in a row. Suggests to me that he's settled in a bit, and so I'd rather let him continue to have a role on defense.

Lefeged has definitely earned some snaps, but I think he's better suited for free safety than strong safety. We could play Bethea at either spot, of course.

We have three turnovers through seven games. Practically no one has forced a turnover to this point. It would be unfair to hold it against Zbikowski.

He had two really bad games in a row, GB and NYJ. At that point, I was hoping we'd give Lefeged some opportunity. But Zbikowski tightened up and had a couple decent games in a row. Suggests to me that he's settled in a bit, and so I'd rather let him continue to have a role on defense.

Lefeged has definitely earned some snaps, but I think he's better suited for free safety than strong safety. We could play Bethea at either spot, of course.

I totally agree with you that Zibs has played better the last two games. But it's not hard to improve on his abysmal performances of the first 5. Hopefully he can continue to play at the Cleveland game level. If he regresses......Lefeged gets the nod.