Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts season predictions (resurrected)

hambone35

I'd like to see a road win before getting too bold with any projections. Truth is, most young teams struggle to bring it all together on the road.

The team would have to win out the rest of their home games, and find 2 road wins to get to 9. Doable, and not all that unimaginable, but this weekend will tell us a lot.

I say colts win more then we get credit for even from our own colt fans I believe we will go 9-7 9 wins and make a wild card spot call me crazy but I think its definately doable what are your thoughts?

Not exactly going out on a limb too far. If you made this prediction a month or two ago I'd have thought you were crazy. If we get more than 7 games I'm calling the season a success just from a purely win/loss standpoint. I'm guessing 9-7 and that's as far as I'm taking it.

Bears-L

Vikings-W

Jaguars-L

BYE

Packers-W

Jets-L

Browns-W

Titans-L

Dolphins-W

Jaguars-W

Patriots-L

Bills-W

Lions-W

Titans-W

Texans-L

Chiefs-W

Texans-W

Right there I have us with 10 wins. However, I don't believe we will win 10. So I will say 9.

i think we beat the jets and sweep the titans. think the think we lose to the texans both games.

I'd like to see a road win before getting too bold with any projections. Truth is, most young teams struggle to bring it all together on the road.

QFT...Let's see if this team can win on the road before getting too excited. This week @ NY Jets after a big emotional win against Green Bay. A winnable road game...but how will they respond. We should learn alot about this team this week.

I am going to say .500 missing the playoffs but getting back to dominant form once again next yr. Texans better win it all this yr, cause next year they will retake their normal place in the division...looking up at the horseshoe!

Sidebar: The Texans have assumed top position in the AFC South pretty much by default. Colts were beset by injury to their franchise QB Manning and then decided it was time to rebuild. The Texans were in position to benefit. However, they did not wrest anything away from Indy only conviently slid into the top spot. In the process, the Texans have assembled a very formidable team and are one of the top teams in the AFC in my opinion. I believe the Colts will rise again to promenience fairly quickly but I anticipate that we will have to wrest the division from the Texans similarly to how we had to struggle with the Titans at first before establishing our dominance over them and the rest of the division. This may not happen as quickly as some here might expect because the Texans are better now than they've ever been. I don't think it's a next year thing but I do fully expect the Colts to wrest control from them within 2-3 years and once again exert our dominance over the division.

• 2 months later...
Bears-L

Vikings-W

Jaguars-L

BYE

Packers-W

Jets-L

Browns-W

Titans-L

Dolphins-W

Jaguars-W

Patriots-L

Bills-W

Lions-W

Titans-W

Texans-L

Chiefs-W

Texans-W

Right there I have us with 10 wins. However, I don't believe we will win 10. So I will say 9.

Holy cow! Can you give me some numbers for this week's Power Ball too?

Impressive. Very impressive.

Bears-L

Vikings-W

Jaguars-L

BYE

Packers-W

Jets-L

Browns-W

Titans-L

Dolphins-W

Jaguars-W

Patriots-L

Bills-W

Lions-W

Titans-W

Texans-L

Chiefs-W

Texans-W

That's actually pretty...good..

I dont know how you picked us to beat the packers but lose to JAX at home

That's 15/16.

Bravo.

Holy cow! Can you give me some numbers for this week's Power Ball too?

Impressive. Very impressive.

That's actually pretty...good..

I dont know how you picked us to beat the packers but lose to JAX at home

I am pretty sure I posted that during our bye week or after the packers game. I'd have to go check. I will say that I had us winning at the packers despite that, though I did not see losing to the Jaguars I don't believe. Other than that I just got the Titans away game wrong...I was close though, they went into OT.

Edit: Yeah just checked. It was a day before the Jets game.