Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did any of you think the Colts would win at the half?

oldunclemark

Be honest. I didnt.

Down 21-3 and with GB getting the ball to start the second half, there was no logical way to come back.

....we got some breaks but that comeback rivals the AFC title game in 2006..

....and the 'Belichek lost his mind game', the 4th and 2 at the 28 gamble in 2008..

I still cant figure out how we did things aftre halftime Sunday we didnt come close to doing before that.

Amazing

Win at the half?

I didn't think we'd win in the 4th quarter! I freely admit my confidence level was not all that high.

And if the Packers hadn't screwed up the final seconds of the game, they might've tied it and won it in overtime. Who knows?!?

But I'm as pleased as can be to have been wrong. I feel great for everyone connected with the Colts. From the players, to the coaches and front office... from Irsay to all the fans... I'm really thrilled for anyone who calls themselves a Colts fan.

Must be a very nice day in Indianapolis I would think.... Hope the sun is shining bright! :thmup:

Be honest. I didnt.

Down 21-3 and with GB getting the ball to start the second half, there was no logical way to come back.

....and the 'Belichek lost his mind game', the 4th and 2 at the 28 gamble in 2008..

I still cant figure out how we did things aftre halftime Sunday we didnt come close to doing before that.

Amazing

Hey buddy! How are you doing?

Win at the half?

I didn't think we'd win in the 4th quarter! I freely admit my confidence level was not all that high.

And if the Packers hadn't screwed up the final seconds of the game, they might've tied it and won it in overtime. Who knows?!?

But I'm as pleased as can be to have been wrong. I feel great for everyone connected with the Colts. From the players, to the coaches and front office... from Irsay to all the fans... I'm really thrilled for anyone who calls themselves a Colts fan.

Must be a very nice day in Indianapolis I would think.... Hope the sun is shining bright! :thmup:

It is a bright, suny day where I am...and where the Colts are...its got to be almost tropical

Truthfully? I participate in an 82 fan pick em league....for nothing but bragging rights *cough*.....of course, and I have picked the Colts to win every week since the beginning of last year. Today, I stand alone for this weeks bag full bragging rights.

Feels downright giddyish.

That said, I felt at the half we would make it a game in the second half, but I did not outright believe we would win.

Win at the half?

Nice day in Indy today.

Be honest. I didnt.

Amazing

Wont say that i didn't think that they wouldn't win but there are four quarters on any given Sunday anything is possible, I really wish i could have heard the speech that was given in the locker room during the Half idk what was said but it sure did Spark something on both sides of the ball.

I thought it was going to get real ugly, like lose by 40 points ugly. I figured that any emotion we had at the start of the game was over. And with the big lead the Pack could do anything they wanted on both O and D.

I still don't understand the second half. I'm afraid to re-watch the game, it may either turn out differently or I might wake up.

I thought it was going to get real ugly, like lose by 40 points ugly. I figured that any emotion we had at the start of the game was over. And with the big lead the Pack could do anything they wanted on both O and D.

I still don't understand the second half. I'm afraid to re-watch the game, it may either turn out differently or I might wake up.

I know...

We did not see the game up here in the Chicago area....

because the Bears were playing at 3 p.m. on FOX...

..I listened on the radio (the internet) and I wanst sure I wasnt hearing things

I have a question about these blogs, its like where do they go, I write one and its like gone in 2 minutes! Whats the sense in writing on these blogs when they dissapear so quickly! whoever is running this thing should make them stay on alot longer before new blogs are put on, it only makes sense!

Be honest. I didnt.

Amazing

At the half, I was optimistic we still had a chance if we could score the next points, and if they came in the 3rd quarter.

Based on what? I don't know. I suppose I'm still used to PM pulling such games out. We hadn't seen it from this team yet.

I think this is what some were tying to tell you last week.

Likely, no. Possible, yes.

Win at the half?

You know, at the time that was happening, I was waiting for some indication of exactly what was going on there.

Was the center not hiking the ball when he was supposed to?

Recall who the center was? :)

Just wondering!

At the half, I was optimistic we still had a chance if we could score the next points, and if they came in the 3rd quarter.

Based on what? I don't know. I suppose I'm still used to PM pulling such games out. We hadn't seen it from this team yet.

I think this is what some were tying to tell you last week.

Likely, no. Possible, yes.

Kinda like they picked us to beat Jax?

Many of us here pick the Colts to win EVERY WEEK..even when they're not playing.

I know a once in a lifetime game when I see one.

Save the tape

I delayed watching it until 3pm, and checked my Ipad to find the final score while still watching the first quarter. It was the only thing that kept me from throwing things when we were down 21-3. My wife said I was remarkably composed given the score at the time :yay:

Kinda like they picked us to beat Jax?

Many of us here pick the Colts to win EVERY WEEK..even when they're not playing.

I know a once in a lifetime game when I see one.

Save the tape

You're correct, there are some who drink the Koolade.

However, don't be mistaken, about me or many of the optimistics. The issue is 'we CAN win this game', and not 'we WILL win this game'.

Once in a lifetime? Well, perhaps GB isn't as good as you thought. Perhaps, we aren't as bad as you thought.

GB? They're a very good team. No doubt, but they've had difficulties early this season, including ref issues.

Colts? Young and learning, and building confidence goes a long way with a young team.

Yep, it gives fans unrealistic expectations, but it also makes future 'no way we win this' games more winable.

Oh, and, since when does 'who they picked' mean a hill of beans?

Nope. But I knew that we'd have to get a stop to start the third quarter, which we did, and then score a touchdown, which we did. After that, it was just another game, really.

By the same token, I didn't think we'd lose at halftime against the Jags, so, what I think at halftime clearly has no impact on what we do on the field. Imagine that.