Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Win streak (Merge)

Nobody

Let's be realistic. We would need a miracle to beat the Packers. We are more likely to get blown out and embarrassed than we are to win. After that near surefire loss, we have 5 cupcake games. If we can play like we did the first half of the Jags and Vikings games, we should have a 5 game win streak, putting us at 6-4.

@NYJ- No Revis, now no Holmes, leaving whoever they start at QB to throw to last years 6th round pick Jeremy Kerley, and this years 2nd rounder Stephen Hill, who hasn't caught a pass since the first game of the season. Could be a nice game to boost confidence.

vs CLE- Do I really have to explain? Weeden is bad even when his receivers hold on to the ball, their D is struggling, TRich can't do it all on his own, and they're 0-4. By the time we play them they should be 0-6, with losses to the Giants and Bengals.

@TEN- Struggling D, no pass rush, bad OL, CJ0K, Locker and Britt are hurting.

vs MIA- Reggie Bush will be hard to stop, but the Phins have nothing in the receiver department, and Mathis should ruffle up Tannehill. Their D is bad, and they need to adjust to their new 4-3 scheme.

@JAX- Revenge. We lost that game, they didn't win it. We play like we did the first half, and keep the pedal to the metal, and we should win.

After these games, things will come to a grinding halt as we travel to Suxborough. After that, however, we have three very winnable games, hosting Buffalo, going to Detroit, and welcoming Tennessee to our turf. Reminder, I am not predicting we win all of these games, I am reminding us that their are still clumps of very winnable games, and I hope we can pull off one major upset. Beating NE would be nice. Very nice.

We were 2-14 last year and have now lost our head coach there is no such thing as a cupcake on our schedule. With that said I would agree all five games after the packers game are winnable however just because they are winnable does not mean I think we will win all five. I hope we do but if we lose any of them it will not shock me.

This first game is a huge test to see what the Colts can do. My hopes are that we do not come out too 'fired up' for Coach Pagano and lose our steam. The longer we stay with the Pack the better, and a dose of Mathis and Freeney...and a dash of Angerer in Rodgers mug would be nice too :)

Without Sean Payton, the Saints are 0-4 with a veteran team. We lost one man (THE MAN) last year and almost went 0-16. My fear is we are so close to the Pagano mentality...and we had to shift gears. We will see soon what this team is made of.

Nobody is correct. This is a winnable stretch of games...and darn it we should be 2-1 going in. Miami has been in every game so far....Let s put the helmets on, strap em up, and win some games for our fighting coach and of course the great fans! :colts: :colts: :colts:

Miami have the top receiver in total yards. Hartline. 455 yds. Just saying. But agree with a lot of what you say. Not sure the Pack are that unbeatable though...

Hartline is not elite... He can be shutdown, their best weapon is bush... And i think he forgot about kyle wilson the 1st round draft pick CB for the jets... That defensive front of theirs can still cause havoc

Glanceing over the rest of the season and teams we play based on what ive seen so far. It is not beyond reason imo to belive weeks 6,7,8,9,10,14,16, are all winnable games based on injury and team preformances. I could even see an upset or two. I know its only been the first quarter but i am obtimistic.

In my opinion we have some very winnable games ahead, but first we have to learn, how to end games successfully, and win. Our second half production is poor so far.

When we learn how to win we can pull those "winnables", as I stated before at the end of the season, perhaps in last "quarter", we can win 2-3 games in a row.

Let's be realistic. We would need a miracle to beat the Packers. We are more likely to get blown out and embarrassed than we are to win. After that near surefire loss, we have 5 cupcake games. If we can play like we did the first half of the Jags and Vikings games, we should have a 5 game win streak, putting us at 6-4.

@NYJ- No Revis, now no Holmes, leaving whoever they start at QB to throw to last years 6th round pick Jeremy Kerley, and this years 2nd rounder Stephen Hill, who hasn't caught a pass since the first game of the season. Could be a nice game to boost confidence.

vs CLE- Do I really have to explain? Weeden is bad even when his receivers hold on to the ball, their D is struggling, TRich can't do it all on his own, and they're 0-4. By the time we play them they should be 0-6, with losses to the Giants and Bengals.

vs MIA- Reggie Bush will be hard to stop, but the Phins have nothing in the receiver department, and Mathis should ruffle up Tannehill. Their D is bad, and they need to adjust to their new 4-3 scheme.

@JAX- Revenge. We lost that game, they didn't win it. We play like we did the first half, and keep the pedal to the metal, and we should win.

After these games, things will come to a grinding halt as we travel to Suxborough. After that, however, we have three very winnable games, hosting Buffalo, going to Detroit, and welcoming Tennessee to our turf. Reminder, I am not predicting we win all of these games, I am reminding us that their are still clumps of very winnable games, and I hope we can pull off one major upset. Beating NE would be nice. Very nice.

I agree with everything you said here. NE this is their D stepped up and their OLine is almost as bad as ours if not worse. Their two loses came against teams that can get after the QB. If Buffalo wouldn't had fallen apart in the second half this past week the Pats would be 1-3. Then there is one more game I would love for us to win and that is when Houston comes to town. The reason is simple, the Texans have never won in Indy. They will come in and play well, but not at the level they have so far in the season. As long our DB's can get some consistency going by then I can see us getting the W in both games.

Hartline is not elite... He can be shutdown, their best weapon is bush... And i think he forgot about kyle wilson the 1st round draft pick CB for the jets... That defensive front of theirs can still cause havoc

No, I didn't forget about Wilson. He has been a bit of a bust.

This is shaping up to be a very exciting and interesting season. I agree that we have a shot to win all of the games that you've mentioned. However, just as we look ahead to playing teams like the Browns and the Dolphins, they've marked their calendars with a W when they see they're scheduled to play the Colts. We haven't proven that we can win, yet. This stetch of winnable games could change our perception!

I would also like to add that the Dolphins D has been really good and the only reason why they've been in some games- with the exception of the last game where the offense really stepped up.

Glanceing over the rest of the season and teams we play based on what ive seen so far. It is not beyond reason imo to belive weeks 6,7,8,9,10,14,16, are all winnable games based on injury and team preformances. I could even see an upset or two. I know its only been the first quarter but i am obtimistic.

If we beat the Jets to make up for the giveaway to Jax..we could still be 7-6 after 13 weeks...

What about the last 3 games? Uh.....I'll have to get back to you on that.

Irrelevant. It's like saying PM didn't get 49 TD's in 2004 because he got 5 (or 6) in one game. Stats are stats, unless you are Bill Polian.

Not really... He has had one great game... How can you even compare those two???

I never said he could not be shut down, nor did I discuss who their best weapon was. I was mearly pointing out that 'not having anything in the receiver department' was puzzling when the receiver with most yards in the league to date is a Dolphin. Agree re their D.

Not really... He has had one great game... How can you even compare those two???

Sorry Nobody. It's my pet peeve. Using stats selectively to suit a pov. One game or not, he has more yards than anyone at this time. There is nothing to say he could not do it again. Especially against our depleated back field....

We defiantly have a stretch of winnable games coming up, but I really doubt we will put a win streak together. We are a very young team and inconsistency is the staple of young teams. I can see us easily going 4-0 in that stretch, but at the same time I can see us going 0-4 as well.

Miami has improved from what we saw in week one and Tannehill is improving every week. Hartline leads the league in receiving and our pass defense is scaring nobody even with Davis in there. Bush has really come into his own in the running game and MJD showed that this team can be easily won. I think this will probably be our toughest game.

Cleveland has the one thing that has been Colts kryptonite for years and that is a running back. Trent Richardson looks to be the real deal and honestly the physical style he runs with will probably over power our run defense. If we can contain him though and force the Browns to throw and rely on Wheeden then I think we should take this one pretty easily.

Jets are an utter mess and we could easily be seeing Tebow. Without Revis that defense is a shell of what they use to be. With Tebow or Sanchez we just have to force them to throw the ball. They have nobody to throw to now that they have lost their top WR for the year. I really hope Tebow plays because that will make our chances of winning go up. He will not have a top tier running game nor a top tier defense to make up for inability to complete basic passes.

We cannot take the Jags lightly out all especially since it will be in Jacksonville. I actually had us down for a win when they were here in Indy. I figured we would split the games so I am a bit worried about this one. Of course the gameplan will be to stop MJD and force them to pass.

The Titans look to be one of the worst teams in the league, but with our defense we can make even CJ2K look like he use too.

I think we will go 3-2 down this stretch with a loss against the Dolphins and the Jags.

If fan enthusiasm, expectations, and hope, based on player/team potential were the only criteria, we're in for a big year.

Unfortunately, fans of other teams have similar thoughts, and teams get better.

I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but I need to see some of our players show signs of moving towards their potential before I get giddy.

For now, I'll remain hopeful that they are who we think they are.