Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Linkenbach Does Not Cut It At Right Tackle

chad72

Linkenbach is a step back from Ryan Diem at right tackle. Put Ryan Diem in at RT till Ijalana learns the ropes and put Pollak in at right guard, he did fine last game. Sorry, Linkenbach was the weak link on the O-line today, IMO.

Anyone else feel that way?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likenbach is gonna learn, granted i would rather see ijalana starting BUT i like diem at guard he's much better than pollack there thats for sure. There was one play where one colts Olineman got absolutely ran over lol i think that was jamey richard lol boy that was funny.

Yeah link looked horrible, but i thought Diem looked better at guard then he did at RT. Maybe we should just let Ijalana start at RT, even though he's a rookie he can't be any worse then Link. I was kinda sad to see Diem still get a false start lined up as a guard though.

He was terrible. Not only did Matthews destroy him for a sack but so did a 2nd/3rd stringer in the start of the second half. My eye was constantly drawn to him getting beat.

I think Diem will have to move back to RT because Ben definitely doesn't look strong enough yet.

I say keep likenbach in there, he's good at run blocking. He'll learn good pass blocking skills in time.

I would agree with you if we were a ground and pound type of offense. However, we are a pass happy offense that revolves around # 18. Having said that, I feel Link did very poorly tonight. I would have liked to see Ijalana get some reps with the starting unit, but it is what it is. I like the idea of having Diem at the G position because he adds size with his 6'7'' frame that can help our running game. However, if we do not find a fix for the RG position, I feel Diem could easily move back to RT until Ijalana learns the ropes of the Colts' offense.

Linkenbach is a step back from Ryan Diem at right tackle. Put Ryan Diem in at RT till Ijalana learns the ropes and put Pollak in at right guard, he did fine last game. Sorry, Linkenbach was the weak link on the O-line today, IMO.

There surely were some concerns on passing plays, but the right side was dominant when we rushed the ball. Diem was a beast at guard on several early running plays. I don't think Linkenbach is the guy at RT, but I sure did like our running game with tonights starters on the O line.

Or......get Manning killed, just sayin'. You would think, going against Mathis in practice

everyday, he would be used to the speed around the outside play.

Well mathis isnt a power guy, his previous games werent bad at all. The packers have a really good pass rush defense and we saw that tonight, i think it was a good lesson for him so now he can go back and look at the tape and see what he needs to work or he can just get pushed down the depth chart lol

I would agree with you if we were a ground and pound type of offense. However, we are a pass happy offense that revolves around # 18.

I agree, we are a pass oriented offense.

Ryan Diem does better at RT for us to run the ball, better than Linkenbach, all these years he played RT should jog our memory. Our right side was doing so well running the ball the last 4 games and then comes Linkenbach for the Jets game, our running game takes a step back, it is not a co-incidence. The issue was the middle needed some bulk and Diem provides that. Ijalana provides the bulk at the edge if he can learn the ropes and is a more athletic talent. Hopefully Linkenbach is a stop gap measure.

I would agree with you if we were a ground and pound type of offense. However, we are a pass happy offense that revolves around # 18. Having said that, I feel Link did very poorly tonight. I would have liked to see Ijalana get some reps with the starting unit, but it is what it is. I like the idea of having Diem at the G position because he adds size with his 6'7'' frame that can help our running game. However, if we do not find a fix for the RG position, I feel Diem could easily move back to RT until Ijalana learns the ropes of the Colts' offense.

Yea the colts are primarily a pass offense but i think this year might be a bit different, i think they are gonna take into consideration of how well they did in running the ball with diem at guard... the packers are by no means soft when it comes to stopping the run yet addai was still able to avg 5.5yds... I honestly cant blame the guy.. i mean the packers have a really good Oline when it comes to pass blocking and look what freeney and company did to them.

Yea the colts are primarily a pass offense but i think this year might be a bit different, i think they are gonna take into consideration of how well they did in running the ball with diem at guard... the packers are by no means soft when it comes to stopping the run yet addai was still able to avg 5.5yds... I honestly cant blame the guy.. i mean the packers have a really good Oline when it comes to pass blocking and look what freeney and company did to them.

Freeney seems energized, knowing there is some push from the DT tackle this year. He smells

blood.

Freeney seems energized, knowing there is some push from the DT tackle this year. He smells

blood.

Oh boy is he gonna have a good year, the whole Dline is gonna have a good year.. definitely gotta rewatch that game tomorrow. 1pm on NFL network ppl!!

No Link doesn't but Diem does play very well at right guard. Both of Addai's big runs came on the right side behind Diem. We just don't have that fifth o-lineman yet. I think Ijalana can grow into the right tackle but again he only did okay against the Packers 2nd and 3rd teamers tonight. I think it would be wise for the Colts not to rush him.

Hate to say it but we could have spent some money on Charlie Johnson, we would have a whole lot of experience on that right side then if CJ could play right tackle, which I felt was a position that suited his strengths.

Either that, or we should not have let Kelvin Hayden go, his cap hit was just above $1 mil., we should make a play for Joselio Hanson of the Eagles or Randall *, cut by the Saints, for some nickel depth.

I do not like him on our line,

I do not like him any time.

He cannot block the pass nor run,

He can't even block the rays of the sun.

He's awful at guard,

Nobody knows why.

So awful in fact,

It makes Peyton cry.

His play in at tackle was quite out of place,

So bad even Peyton punched himself in the face.

He's moved all around to see where he fits,

But our passer's only safe in the time's that he sits.

We keep playing him even though it makes people sick,

Why, you'd think he was a Polian first round draft pick!

Maybe we'll trade him to the Raiders or Chiefs,

For an old moldy pair of men's boxer-briefs.

Unlikely it is though we'll send him away,

he'll most likely be starting on opening day.

It's a sad situation, that much is now known,

But we'll live with, and live through it as history has shown.

He'll play poorly against those when we've got the rock,

He'll let Peyton be sacked with a whiffed block.

We'd be better off trading for an old musty sock,

Anything other than Jeff Linkenbach.

Dr. Suess ain't got nothing on me. :heh:

He's awful at guard,

Nobody knows why.

So awful in fact,

It makes Peyton cry.

HAAAAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!

He's awful at guard,

Nobody knows why.

So awful in fact,

It makes Peyton cry.

Dude that's funny but is Link really worth that much effort lol

Pretty much on board with everyone else. Don't really have much to add but i'm trying to get some posts approved so I can start threads too.

Linkenbach did okay at run blocking. By "okay" I mean by Colts standards. Which translates to really bad.

He did terrible on pass blocking. If you can't pass block on this offense you are of no use.

Keep Diem at Guard. Let Ijalana take some reps or back to, ugh...Pollack at G and Diem at T.

Pretty much on board with everyone else. Don't really have much to add but i'm trying to get some posts approved so I can start threads too.

Linkenbach did okay at run blocking. By "okay" I mean by Colts standards. Which translates to really bad.

He did terrible on pass blocking. If you can't pass block on this offense you are of no use.

Keep Diem at Guard. Let Ijalana take some reps or back to, ugh...Pollack at G and Diem at T.

Ijalana is not ready for first teamers. I've watched him close the past two weeks. He's doing okay against other teams back ups. He would struggle against other teams starters. I think the Colts just need to bring Ijalana along slowly. He'll probably be ready middle to late in the season.

Are we just going to be stuck with link at RT then? I like diem better at guard and link can do run blocking, but if he doesn't fix the pass protection peyton, painter, collins or whoever is going to be throwing before the receivers get halfway through their routes.

Guest BlueShoe

I just don't understand why we didn't do what the Polian’s originally insinuated we were going to do by playing Diem at RT this year and Ijalana at RG to begin with. It made more sense then and it is showing on the field now. Like you said we could play Pollack at RG until Ijalana is ready.

Guest BlueShoe

Ijalana is not ready for first teamers. I've watched him close the past two weeks. He's doing okay against other teams back ups. He would struggle against other teams starters. I think the Colts just need to bring Ijalana along slowly. He'll probably be ready middle to late in the season.

I think we all understand that, however why move Diem from RT until we actually have someone who can play the position better than him? As of right now no one on the team is a better RT.

I agree, we are a pass oriented offense.

Ryan Diem does better at RT for us to run the ball, better than Linkenbach, all these years he played RT should jog our memory. Our right side was doing so well running the ball the last 4 games and then comes Linkenbach for the Jets game, our running game takes a step back, it is not a co-incidence. The issue was the middle needed some bulk and Diem provides that. Ijalana provides the bulk at the edge if he can learn the ropes and is a more athletic talent. Hopefully Linkenbach is a stop gap measure.

I'm going to agree with Smitto on this one. I like Diem much better at RG than RT. Our run game finally looks like it has some life.

Yes, we are a pass-oriented offense first, but I think it's been too unbalanced the past few years. And it's hurt us.

Fix the run game, and I really think it'll make our pass game so much better.

Guest BlueShoe

He's awful at guard,

Nobody knows why.

So awful in fact,

It makes Peyton cry.

I think you missed your calling dude. lol

Guest BlueShoe

Ben is a left tackle so he is learning a new spot. I'd put him at the left tackle and make Canstanzo play right tackle. I only say this because Anthony is a smart guy so why not have the bio chemist learn the new spot.

No thanks! If Peyton were left handed than I would agree with you, but we will keep AC on Peyton's blind side.

Ben is a left tackle so he is learning a new spot. I'd put him at the left tackle and make Canstanzo play right tackle. I only say this because Anthony is a smart guy so why not have the bio chemist learn the new spot.

Because LT is infinitely more important than RT.