Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Jenkins is at 34, take him

IMO If Jenkins falls to pick 34 i dont think we should hesitate to take him. He has raw skills that should not be passed on. He would come on the scene and would be a starter right off the bat. I might seem a little to high on him but he is the best talent avaliable with a big need

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on who else falls. He is a great talent and great need, lots of risk, and I don't know if a brand new FO wants to take a risk like that so early in year 1. I would be happy with him. We have a strict coach and strong leaders who could straighten him out.

I'm pretty excited about our 2nd pick...we have spots that we need to address but we could go anywhere with #34; OG, WR, TE, CB, DE, or LB and I'd be happy with anyone so long as he was the supposed bpa.

On topic: I like Jenkins and will usually give the player the benefit of the doubt, but I don't see the point in taking a risk so early in a draft that shows promise throughout. As AndrewLuck287 said... I'm not sure we have the luxury of taking a risky pick in the first few rounds of our first "new era" draft, especially after just drafting our new unproven franchise QB. If he can somehow prove that he has gotten his head on straight then it's not very likely that he will slip out of the first with the current emphasis on DBs.

I really don't understand how we are just letting character go by the wayside here. Multiple arrests, twice in 4 months for drugs, charged with resisting arrest, had to be tasered after a fight and "has some out of wedlock children" doesn't quite capture it. He has 4 kids from 3 different women. Certainly doesn't speak to his level of responsibility.

He was a cancer at Florida and he failed to "improve his image" at N Alabama, likely with events such as throwing a punch against Delta State that got him ejected and suspended. He'll be a constant headache anywhere else he goes. I don't care how much talent the guy has. He's Pacman Jones 2.0 and I want no part of it personally.

One of my favorite things about being a Colts fan is that our players are respectable people. I don't get made fun of like my friends who are Bears, Lions and Bengals fans because the Colts are rarely in the headlines for poor behavior. I'd hope Mr. Irsay would want to keep it that way.

I really don't understand how we are just letting character go by the wayside here. Multiple arrests, twice in 4 months for drugs, charged with resisting arrest, had to be tasered after a fight and "has some out of wedlock children" doesn't quite capture it. He has 4 kids from 3 different women. Certainly doesn't speak to his level of responsibility.

He was a cancer at Florida and he failed to "improve his image" at N Alabama, likely with events such as throwing a punch against Delta State that got him ejected and suspended. He'll be a constant headache anywhere else he goes. I don't care how much talent the guy has. He's Pacman Jones 2.0 and I want no part of it personally.

One of my favorite things about being a Colts fan is that our players are respectable people. I don't get made fun of like my friends who are Bears, Lions and Bengals fans because the Colts are rarely in the headlines for poor behavior. I'd hope Mr. Irsay would want to keep it that way.

That's where I think you're wrong. We all clearly realize his past character issues off the field and it's well stated about what he did do at his time in Florida. If you believe he's failed to improve his image then you might want to take a look again. He has taken the right steps since the beginning of the draft, answered all the questions asked of him (Check out his interview at the combine with the press) and has kept out of trouble. It might not seem like he has done a lot, but those steps are bigger than some think. You don't know if he's going to be a constant headache or Pacman Jones 2.0. For all we know he could have a great career, stay out of trouble and be a very good DB or he could be out the league within two years because he hasn't changed but we don't know. As much as our organization is "respectable" it hasn't always been that way. John Gill with PI, Fili Moala with DWI, Pat Mcafee...Gone for a dip and Javarris James with Marijuana. We're not squeaky clean ourselves, but every Organizational has a couple of these situations and have handled them. We can do the same with Jenkins if we truly do give him a fair shot and treat him the correct way. He's a top 10 talent that's got a chance to be a special corner and that's hard to pass up on.

That's where I think you're wrong. We all clearly realize his past character issues off the field and it's well stated about what he did do at his time in Florida. If you believe he's failed to improve his image then you might want to take a look again. He has taken the right steps since the beginning of the draft, answered all the questions asked of him (Check out his interview at the combine with the press) and has kept out of trouble. It might not seem like he has done a lot, but those steps are bigger than some think. You don't know if he's going to be a constant headache or Pacman Jones 2.0. For all we know he could have a great career, stay out of trouble and be a very good DB or he could be out the league within two years because he hasn't changed but we don't know. As much as our organization is "respectable" it hasn't always been that way. John Gill with PI, Fili Moala with DWI, Pat Mcafee...Gone for a dip and Javarris James with Marijuana. We're not squeaky clean ourselves, but every Organizational has a couple of these situations and have handled them. We can do the same with Jenkins if we truly do give him a fair shot and treat him the correct way. He's a top 10 talent that's got a chance to be a special corner and that's hard to pass up on.

By no means am I saying we are squeaky clean. But the Colts you mentioned haven't stacked up to Jenkins' college career. Who knows how he's gonna act when he starts getting a paycheck. And no, I don't think that throwing a punch at another player and getting ejected from the game against Delta State, then suspended shows that he has made ANY significant improvement while attending N Alabama. If you can explain to me how that helps his image...I'm listening.

Here is my point... character issues aside, we have more important roles to fill in the draft than a CB. Everyone is screaming for one, but everyone knows (or should know) that the D-line is the most important piece of a 3-4 puzzle (currently). If that's busted, you have nothing. So if we are going to go defense in the 2nd round, it shouldn't be CB. Make it DE or NT. Personally, I'd rather have a weapon for Luck to throw to. Then add in the fact that Jenkins carries a bag of red flags with him, it's just not an appealing pick.

I don't know about Jenkins. Seems like he has a personality disorder and those people usually don't change. In later rounds, Robinson would be OK, but I would rather have Josh Norman who is a few inches taller. I'm not enamored by Reyes either (a little gun-shy for taking a chance on another UConn guy). How do you envision Reyes in Pagano's D? Since we just got Redding, don't we have bigger needs?

I don't know about Jenkins. Seems like he has a personality disorder and those people usually don't change. In later rounds, Robinson would be OK, but I would rather have Josh Norman who is a few inches taller. I'm not enamored by Reyes either (a little gun-shy for taking a chance on another UConn guy). How do you envision Reyes in Pagano's D? Since we just got Redding, don't we have bigger needs?

We still need another DE opposite Redding and a NT. Brandon McKinney is a good pickup, but he hasn't really proven anything in his 6-year career. NT is the premier position in the 3-4, you absolutely gotta have it. I'd take a DE or NT before CB for sure.

By no means am I saying we are squeaky clean. But the Colts you mentioned haven't stacked up to Jenkins' college career. Who knows how he's gonna act when he starts getting a paycheck. And no, I don't think that throwing a punch at another player and getting ejected from the game against Delta State, then suspended shows that he has made ANY significant improvement while attending N Alabama. If you can explain to me how that helps his image...I'm listening.

Here is my point... character issues aside, we have more important roles to fill in the draft than a CB. Everyone is screaming for one, but everyone knows (or should know) that the D-line is the most important piece of a 3-4 puzzle (currently). If that's busted, you have nothing. So if we are going to go defense in the 2nd round, it shouldn't be CB. Make it DE or NT. Personally, I'd rather have a weapon for Luck to throw to. Then add in the fact that Jenkins carries a bag of red flags with him, it's just not an appealing pick.

If you actually look at what he's done since the Senior Bowl he's been making progress. He's answered all the questions he and everyone else knew he was going to be asked at the combine, his pro day and in other interviews. He's not going to clear everything in one day, but the fact he's making progress atleast shows he cares. If we're going defense in the 2nd round I'd take Jenkins over any other defensive player who's likely to be around at that spot. He's the only CB I'd even consider taking with the 2nd round pick, because of how good he is. He's a better player than any DE/DT likely to be available at our 2nd pick. Unless Brockers, Cox, or Poe falls to us (all very very very unlikely) there isn't a DL available that is a better player than Jenkins. Look at the tape and look at his senior bowl play. We can get a quality DL in the 3rd round (Ta'Amu), 4th round (Derek Wolfe) and 5th round (Akiem Hicks) who could be quality players. Jenkins at 32 would be a steal, someone like Reyes isn't really a steal in comparison.

considering his talent if he is there at 34 that is probably a huge red flag. i think it was on national football post were they said he may fall to they second because teams feel he still doesn't get it. man, if he doesn't get it after all the turnmoil he has been thru i doubt he ever will.

considering his talent if he is there at 34 that is probably a huge red flag. i think it was on national football post were they said he may fall to they second because teams feel he still doesn't get it. man, if he doesn't get it after all the turnmoil he has been thru i doubt he ever will.

spending a 2nd Rd pick on him isn't nearly as bad as a 1st, but I still think we have bigger needs than a troubled CB.

He'd certainly be the most talented "prospect" at the 34th, but I would rather take the safer pick of Fleener if he is there. Otherwise I'd take Jenkins over just about anyone else who might fall. Maaaaybe not Hill, but who knows. Jenkins with character issues aside is considered to be the 2nd-3rd best corner in the draft, and Cornerback is the most drafted position in every draft. What a steal that would be if he could fix those character issues!

hes in his early 20's. Marvin Harrison got caught fighting and someone (no one seems to know who) fired HIS gun and we kept him. do you think he "got it"? do you think anyone was complaining if he did "get it"? what I am saying is the kid is 24 or a little younger, yes marijuana charges are bad thats no excuse but if were comparing crimes here, yeah Ill take a youngster smokin a little dope over a guy that got in a fight and somehow a gun was involved and was "somehow" fired by someone else, also in truth, how many people havent tried marijuana who had access to it through a friend or some sort, does that mean he will grow up? no, but its a risk I am willing to take after taking one on Harrison

spending a 2nd Rd pick on him isn't nearly as bad as a 1st, but I still think we have bigger needs than a troubled CB.

But many teams don't just draft based on need. If Jenkins is there in the 34th he will be leagues better than just about anyone else available in the talent pool at the 34th (because he's an early 1st rounder talent-wise EXCEPT I would take Fleener because he's safe and a massive upgrade). If we're truly rebuilding I see no reason why we won't be going Best Pick Available for this draft. Here's a random analogy.

Say I go to the book store to buy the 1st book in a popular book series I want to start reading and I brought $30 dollars and the book costs $27. Then I see that due to a large accidental overstock the second book in the series is only $5, and I've heard the 2nd book in the series is amazing so I planned on reading it all anyways. Perhaps I should consider grabbing the steal of the $5 second book in the series and look for a used copy of the 1st book somewhere at a used bookstore: (I.E. Free Agency or a later round).

The only catch here is that the 2nd book likes to smoke his weed. lol

But many teams don't just draft based on need. If Jenkins is there in the 34th he will be leagues better than just about anyone else available in the talent pool at the 34th (because he's an early 1st rounder talent-wise EXCEPT I would take Fleener because he's safe and a massive upgrade). If we're truly rebuilding I see no reason why we won't be going Best Pick Available for this draft. Here's a random analogy.

Say I go to the book store to buy the 1st book in a popular book series I want to start reading and I brought $30 dollars and the book costs $27. Then I see that due to a large accidental overstock the second book in the series is only $5, and I've heard the 2nd book in the series is amazing so I planned on reading it all anyways. Perhaps I should consider grabbing the steal of the $5 second book in the series and look for a used copy of the 1st book somewhere at a used bookstore: (I.E. Free Agency or a later round).

But let's say that the 2nd book has been known to have been made from material that tends to give people cancer from time to time... So do you REALLY want that second book? Maybe you'd rather just get the Kindle version instead. It's not the same quality as the hard copy, but it's got everything else you are looking for in the story. The risk outweighs the reward doesn't it? And the Kindle version can be bought for $3. Special online pricing.

are you telling me he is the only 20+ year old thats ever smoked weed? Im gonna go out on a limb here and say their are a FEW of us guilty of smoking weed here on this site (pretty safe assumption in my opinion), Im one who has, I am 29 now and havent smoked it 3-4 years, people do grow up

hes in his early 20's. Marvin Harrison got caught fighting and someone (no one seems to know who) fired HIS gun and we kept him. do you think he "got it"? do you think anyone was complaining if he did "get it"? what I am saying is the kid is 24 or a little younger, yes marijuana charges are bad thats no excuse but if were comparing crimes here, yeah Ill take a youngster smokin a little dope over a guy that got in a fight and somehow a gun was involved and was "somehow" fired by someone else, also in truth, how many people havent tried marijuana who had access to it through a friend or some sort, does that mean he will grow up? no, but its a risk I am willing to take after taking one on Harrison

but it's not just that he smoked weed. i could care less about a guy smoking a little weed. maybe it's just me, but if was a potential high first round draft picks and in line to make millions of dollars i could curb my appitite for weed.....yet he couldn't do it after the first time he was caught, not after the second time he was caught, he had to be kicked off a division 1 program before he finally got a clue.

in addition to this he has three kids from four different women....which, once again, shows the depth of his stupidity. he is in line to make millions and he doesn't learn his lesson from knocking up one girl, not two girls, but it takes knocking up a third for him to get a clue (hopefully).

every man makes some poor decisions in his youth, but christ.....

are you telling me he is the only 20+ year old thats ever smoked weed? Im gonna go out on a limb here and say their are a FEW of us guilty of smoking weed here on this site (pretty safe assumption in my opinion), Im one who has, I am 29 now and havent smoked it 3-4 years, people do grow up

I don't feel like I said anything in my comment that condemned him for smoking weed, if anything I feel I made light heart of it. xD However, just because I don't judge him doesn't mean its not a big deal. This isn't a moral issue it's a legal/cost effective one. If he gets in trouble we wasted a 2nd round pick on someone who's either going to jail or who we have to cut/trade. And don't buy into the whole "We can trade him for close to equal value" that I've heard some people say, that's bogus. If other teams believed in that, he wouldn't be falling into the 2nd round lol.

Hold on...there are a few more...

go ahead and check these off if you match Jenkins

1. Smoked weed

2. Arrested for possession of drugs

3. Arrested for a bar fight

4. Arrested for drugs again

5. Failed drug tests

6. Threw a punch at a player while you were trying to "improve your image" at N Alabama

7. Got ejected from the game for throwing punch

8. Got suspended for throwing punch.

9. Have 4 kids from 3 different women.

Lets give him millions!!!

There are more reasons not to take him regarding his character than just a bit of weed.

but it's not just that he smoked weed. i could care less about a guy smoking a little weed. maybe it's just me, but if was a potential high first round draft picks and in line to make millions of dollars i could curb my appitite for weed.....yet he couldn't do it after the first time he was caught, not after the second time he was caught, he had to be kicked off a division 1 program before he finally got a clue.

in addition to this he has three kids from four different women....which, once again, shows the depth of his stupidity. he is in line to make millions and he doesn't learn his lesson from knocking up one girl, not two girls, but it takes knocking up a third for him to get a clue (hopefully).

every man makes some poor decisions in his youth, but christ.....

Marvin made on in his thirties I believe or maybe late twenties, I dont know the exact age and HE WAS making millions of dollars and was a HUGE part of the team, i could care less how many women couldnt keep their legs closed when it came to him and babies, he will have enough money for those, heck their are couple together now that have 19 or more kids

1. Smoked weed

5. Failed drug tests

6. Threw a punch at a player while you were trying to "improve your image" at N Alabama

There are more reasons not to take him regarding his character than just a bit of weed.

actually it was 2 times being caught with marijauna as for throwing a punch in a game, its a physical sport, tempers are high does it make throwing the punch right? no but thats minor seeing as how we kept Harrison and his gun issues Harrison was much older then Jenkins is now by the way, possession of drugs WAS the weed, simply put the kid is worth taken a chance on, we have veterans on the team that can talk to him and help straighten him up

Marvin made on in his thirties I believe or maybe late twenties, I dont know the exact age and HE WAS making millions of dollars and was a HUGE part of the team, i could care less how many women couldnt keep their legs closed when it came to him and babies, he will have enough money for those, heck their are couple together now that have 19 or more kids

i'm starting to think he could murder a nun you would make excuses for him.....

I'm a big supporter of Jenkins, one of the biggest on this board, if you ask me, but 34 is way too high. I won't be upset if we take him in the 3rd, but he's a late 3rd round early 4th round prospect. It would be a big reach if we take him in the 2nd, and very silly if Fleener and Jenkins are there.

i'm starting to think he could murder a nun you would make excuses for him.....

Im wondering how you can compare killing someone to throwing a punch in a game and smoking some grass, I dont see the comparison, how many people smoked a little weed when they were young? I did, Im sure their is others on here that have, if he is willing to put it behind him I say draft him and take a chance, if not no big loss, we have had busts before we released a couple and took some hefty cap hits for them recently. this wouldnt be as big a cap hit as it was for a couple of the releases we did recently

1. Smoked weed

5. Failed drug tests

The ones I bolded are due to the environment he was in. South Florida, specifically Miami, is a pretty hardcore place at night, where lots of stuff happens, including fights/brawls. An immature kid gets caught up in that.

The NFL changes people, guys who are potheads in college, don't go near that stuff in the pros because they realize that they have a great opportunity and they shouldn't * it up. Look at guys like Hernandez who was a pothead, but now is clean as a whistle. Same with Braylon Edwards. They take stuff more seriously. His work ethic is great, so don't worry about that.

I'm telling you right now, he won't be getting in fights in our locker room, or he'll be fined and suspended. At N.A, they turn the blind eye to that, and colleges aren't harsh when it comes to that.

BTW, you could essentially put number 1, 2, 4, 5 in one category, because your making it look like a lot, but it's really one category.

The fights will stop, I guarrantee that, because he doesn't want to get in fights with his own teammates, plus he lives in Indy where it's a relaxed environment where they are rarely any fights. Miami has tons of fights.

The 4 kids thing isn't really a big deal. Cromartie gets by, and he has 42 kids.

actually it was 2 times being caught with marijauna as for throwing a punch in a game, its a physical sport, tempers are high does it make throwing the punch right? no but thats minor seeing as how we kept Harrison and his gun issues Harrison was much older then Jenkins is now by the way, possession of drugs WAS the weed, simply put the kid is worth taken a chance on, we have veterans on the team that can talk to him and help straighten him up

you've got some blinders on ya. It sounds like you are making excuses for things that are clearly NOT OK.

Also, I don't know if the Harrison thing has much merit here

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/2009-01-06-harrison_N.htm

Here's to hoping someone else takes him in the first round!

The ones I bolded are due to the environment he was in. South Florida, specifically Miami, is a pretty hardcore place at night, where lots of stuff happens, including fights/brawls. An immature kid gets caught up in that.

The NFL changes people, guys who are potheads in college, don't go near that stuff in the pros because they realize that they have a great opportunity and they shouldn't * it up. Look at guys like Hernandez who was a pothead, but now is clean as a whistle. Same with Braylon Edwards. They take stuff more seriously. His work ethic is great, so don't worry about that.

I'm telling you right now, he won't be getting in fights in our locker room, or he'll be fined and suspended. At N.A, they turn the blind eye to that, and colleges aren't harsh when it comes to that.

BTW, you could essentially put number 1, 2, 4, 5 in one category, because your making it look like a lot, but it's really one category.

The fights will stop, I guarrantee that, because he doesn't want to get in fights with his own teammates, plus he lives in Indy where it's a relaxed environment where they are rarely any fights. Miami has tons of fights.

The 4 kids thing isn't really a big deal. Cromartie gets by, and he has 42 kids.

You sound like you represent the man lol. Is he paying you? You are certainly making a lot of guarantees on his behalf.

I don't need to hear excuses. It is what it is. Trying to get me to put all of his character issues into "categories" actually made me laugh. That's pretty bad if you have enough wrong with you that you can start putting incidents into categories. Let's file this one under Weed! Let's file this one under Arrests! Wait, it was arrested for weed, so which one do we choose? Let's just combine Arrests and Weed with Drug Possession!

I don't know if you've ever been in a debate class, but if you are arguing against something, you can't just say...well all those things sound really bad separated out, so lets lump them together to make it not sound so bad. You have to look at the SUM. HOW MANY times was he arrested? HOW MANY times did he get in fights? WHY was he ejected and suspend? Could it be linked to a problem he has off the field? Yes. Clearly he has problems. These are questions you have to ask when you are about to pay someone millions of dollars.

I'm not saying he doesn't have potential to be a great player. I said it in another post, "the best ability is availability". He's too much of a risk for me. He can't be a great CB if he's suspended or in jail, both of which he has under his belt.

Unlike yourself, I don't think that he will just magically get himself in line. I think his poor choices will actually be heightened by the money he makes. If he didn't feel like he needed to get his act together in college with kids and his draft stock on the line, why would he care when he's got a 4 year contract making millions?

you've got some blinders on ya. It sounds like you are making excuses for things that are clearly NOT OK.

Also, I don't know if the Harrison thing has much merit here

http://www.usatoday....-harrison_N.htm

Here's to hoping someone else takes him in the first round!

did I ever say it was ok to smoke weed, go to a bar and get involved in a fight? no, why did I not say that? because its not ok, and as to the Harrison deal the fact that Harrison was even their and shots were fired with HIS gun is ALOT of merit actually, first question I would have about someone else gaining possession of his gun when he was the one to admitting to having it their in the first place is how did that other person gain possession of it?a little fishy to me , look I dont know if Harrison is innocent or guilty BUT I do know we kept Harrison regardless if he was guilty or not. Jenkins is young and has room to grow up especially with our veteran leadership, by the way it was two drug charges both for weed,yes he got in a fight at a bar, all of that is little stuff compared to what we kept Harrison around for, if we draft him and he gets in alot of trouble Ill gladly take the heat, but hes twenty 23-24 hes got growing up to do. oh and by the way what about Pat Mcafee he got busted for public intoxication, want him off the team to? Look we can go on and on about this, but at the end of the day it doesnt matter what you or I think it matters what Jim and Grigson and Pagano see in him, we obviously disagree and I see that you may very well have a point he may prove to be a bad choice but we have to find out rather then take a corner thats not going to start right away and is going to be a project player (a nice term for a guy thats going to travel from team to team as a backup and depth player). we need a Corner he will be the best one available if hes their, hes young kids make mistakes when they are young, I heard no one crying for Mcafee or Harrison to be kicked off the team

did I ever say it was ok to smoke weed, go to a bar and get involved in a fight? no, why did I not say that? because its not ok, and as to the Harrison deal the fact that Harrison was even their and shots were fired with HIS gun is ALOT of merit actually, first question I would have about someone else gaining possession of his gun when he was the one to admitting to having it their in the first place is how did that other person gain possession of it?a little fishy to me , look I dont know if Harrison is innocent or guilty BUT I do know we kept Harrison regardless if he was guilty or not. Jenkins is young and has room to grow up especially with our veteran leadership, by the way it was two drug charges both for weed,yes he got in a fight at a bar, all of that is little stuff compared to what we kept Harrison around for, if we draft him and he gets in alot of trouble Ill gladly take the heat, but hes twenty 23-24 hes got growing up to do. oh and by the way what about Pat Mcafee he got busted for public intoxication, want him off the team to? Look we can go on and on about this, but at the end of the day it doesnt matter what you or I think it matters what Jim and Grigson and Pagano see in him, we obviously disagree and I see that you may very well have a point he may prove to be a bad choice but we have to find out rather then take a corner thats not going to start right away and is going to be a project player (a nice term for a guy thats going to travel from team to team as a backup and depth player). we need a Corner he will be the best one available if hes their, hes young kids make mistakes when they are young, I heard no one crying for Mcafee or Harrison to be kicked off the team

You'll have to forgive me. i skimmed through and realized you were just talking about Harrison the whole time. It's irrelevant. We are talking about drafting a player and investing in him. Not an incident that happened after they've been in the league for a while. Harrison's incident happened just before he was out of the league, so that's why it doesn't move me much. Are you really trying to compare McAfee's drunken night in the canal to a guy with multiple arrests, ejection and suspension for throwing a punch in a game? Again, not relevant to the situation. Bring to me a player who had that much baggage pre-draft and cleaned his act up and never again had a problem for comparison please.

You'll have to forgive me. i skimmed through and realized you were just talking about Harrison the whole time. It's irrelevant. We are talking about drafting a player and investing in him. Not an incident that happened after they've been in the league for a while. Harrison's incident happened just before he was out of the league, so that's why it doesn't move me much. Are you really trying to compare McAfee's drunken night in the canal to a guy with multiple arrests, ejection and suspension for throwing a punch in a game? Again, not relevant to the situation. Bring to me a player who had that much baggage pre-draft and cleaned his act up and never again had a problem for comparison please.

so even though Harrison still was on the team your letting that slide, I see, and Mcafee being drunk doesnt compare to Jenkins being drunk? They were both drunk, but its ok to keep Mcafee I see, as for your player for comparison, Eric Wright was arrested in investigation of rape and upon the arrest found 136 pills of Ecstacy before the draft and he hasnt been in trouble since being drafted by the Browns

IMO.... this is a pretty clear situation.

If teams like Baltimore, Pittsburgh and New England.... who have the veteran leadership in their locker rooms to MAYBE straighten this kid out.... wind up passing on him, then I'm not comfortable with us selecting him at #34.

I'm not saying we need 53 choir boys on our roster.... but guys with high talent but off-field concerns shouldn't start getting attention until rounds 4-5.... and some of them should be cancelled off our draft board altogether.

Jenkins and Vontaze Burfict are 2 guys I'd completely pass on in this draft.

My hunch is it's a moot point anyway.... after all, the Bengals have two 1st round picks and need CB help. ;)

so even though Harrison still was on the team your letting that slide, I see, and Mcafee being drunk doesnt compare to Jenkins being drunk? They were both drunk, but its ok to keep Mcafee I see, as for your player for comparison, Eric Wright was arrested in investigation of rape and upon the arrest found 136 pills of Ecstacy before the draft and he hasnt been in trouble since being drafted by the Browns

dude its simple. Pre-draft vs already in the NFL. It's an investment question. You are presenting a case that is not relevant to the situation. Eric Wright was #53rd overall? Borderline 3rd round pick. We are talking about the top of the 2nd/ bottom 1st rounder here. Risk vs Reward is the name of the game.

I'm not letting anything slide...but do I think the McAfee night in the drunk tank compares slightly to the history of Jenkins? NO! it's no contest! Jenkins wins all day long with his history of poor decisions.

dude its simple. Pre-draft vs already in the NFL. It's an investment question. You are presenting a case that is not relevant to the situation. Eric Wright was #53rd overall? Borderline 3rd round pick. We are talking about the top of the 2nd/ bottom 1st rounder here. Risk vs Reward is the name of the game.

I'm not letting anything slide...but do I think the McAfee night in the drunk tank compares slightly to the history of Jenkins? NO! it's no contest! Jenkins wins all day long with his history of poor decisions.

actually 53rd pick if thats the case would be 18-19 picks into the second round I believe, I still dont see how they dont compare, last I checked a poor decision is a poor decision, dont see your logic their, but Harrisons "poor decision" would take the cake compared to either Mcafee or Jenkins, and that is certainly relevant considering he was a HUGE part of our success and was ON the team, your assuming Jenkins will be a waste of a pick. you said find you someone who had a checkered past pre draft and thats what I did, accusation of rape and 136 pills of ecstacy is a pretty checkered pre draft, now it seems Wright was never convicted of that rape but he was caught with the ecstacy and that is a drug just like marijauna and he hasnt been in the news for trouble since, ya said find you someone and I did, quite honestly we are at a stalemate here and I am tired of going around and around, the bottom line is players have gotten in trouble pre draft before and some of those guys were supposed to go high in the draft, and alot of those players once drafted grew up, Im saying we should agree to disagree and move on

actually 53rd pick if thats the case would be 18-19 picks into the second round I believe, I still dont see how they dont compare, last I checked a poor decision is a poor decision, dont see your logic their, but Harrisons "poor decision" would take the cake compared to either Mcafee or Jenkins, and that is certainly relevant considering he was a HUGE part of our success and was ON the team, your assuming Jenkins will be a waste of a pick. you said find you someone who had a checkered past pre draft and thats what I did, accusation of rape and 136 pills of ecstacy is a pretty checkered pre draft, now it seems Wright was never convicted of that rape but he was caught with the ecstacy and that is a drug just like marijauna and he hasnt been in the news for trouble since, ya said find you someone and I did, quite honestly we are at a stalemate here and I am tired of going around and around, the bottom line is players have gotten in trouble pre draft before and some of those guys were supposed to go high in the draft, and alot of those players once drafted grew up, Im saying we should agree to disagree and move on

I said with as much baggage. Wright doesn't stack up with Jenkins record in my opinion. One time with X and not charged with rape doesn't compare to multiple drug possesion arrests and more than one case of fights on and off the field, not to mention getting picked in the top of the 2nd. Below are picks 34 and 53 last year.

#34 Aaron Williams is signed for 4 years / $5.20 million with the Buffalo Bills. He is making $614.05k in 2012.

#53 Stephen Paea is signed for 4 years / $3.69 million with the Chicago Bears. He is making $542.54k in 2012

Sometimes when we talk in terms of Millions of dollars we seem to forget how much money that is. But that's enough of a difference for me to wait on a different CB and draft a QUALITY player who has a good history and is less risky. Colts have bigger needs than CB and even with BPA in effect, there will be more 1st round quality to be had. We are trying to build a new team and there is 0 room for error. That's why it's such a risk to take a guy like Jenkins so early. There is a thread now about Cliff Harris. That is a much smarter choice in the later 5-7 rounds.

I said with as much baggage. Wright doesn't stack up with Jenkins record in my opinion. One time with X and not charged with rape doesn't compare to multiple drug possesion arrests and more than one case of fights on and off the field, not to mention getting picked in the top of the 2nd. Below are picks 34 and 53 last year.

#34 Aaron Williams is signed for 4 years / $5.20 million with the Buffalo Bills. He is making $614.05k in 2012.

#53 Stephen Paea is signed for 4 years / $3.69 million with the Chicago Bears. He is making $542.54k in 2012

Sometimes when we talk in terms of Millions of dollars we seem to forget how much money that is. But that's enough of a difference for me to wait on a different CB and draft a QUALITY player who has a good history and is less risky. Colts have bigger needs than CB and even with BPA in effect, there will be more 1st round quality to be had. We are trying to build a new team and there is 0 room for error. That's why it's such a risk to take a guy like Jenkins so early. There is a thread now about Cliff Harris. That is a much smarter choice in the later 5-7 rounds.

What is it with some people on here (not alot) and drafting a corner in the late rounds who will be a project player (thats what those late rounders usually are) we have several project players at corner as is we dont need another one we need one that can step in right away, not all teams will go best player available, some will actually look to fill needs

Corner

Defensive Tackle

Tight End are all three the biggest needs we have

what it amounts to is I dont want another project corner, Jenkins can start right away, we wouldnt be taking such a huge amount of risk with him anyway with money like we would in past years, and as far as talent at other positions their is plenty of wide receiver talent thats going to be had up to the 3rd round at least simply because the rest of the wide receivers outside of Floyd and Blackmon they are all raw, as for tight ends its going to be a real crap shoot guess as to where any of those go, Im going

1.Andrew Luck

2 Janoris Jenkins

3 Hill, Jeffery, Sanu, Jenkins Criner (in that order one of those )

4.Ta'amu

5Ladarius Green, Dwayne Allen ^(in that order)

5.Streeter

6.Baptiste

7.Ryan Van Bergen

7.Rokevious Watkins

7, Justin Bethel

Ill take that draft this year and be content with it

What is it with some people on here (not alot) and drafting a corner in the late rounds who will be a project player (thats what those late rounders usually are) we have several project players at corner as is we dont need another one we need one that can step in right away, not all teams will go best player available, some will actually look to fill needs

Corner

Defensive Tackle

Tight End are all three the biggest needs we have

what it amounts to is I dont want another project corner, Jenkins can start right away, we wouldnt be taking such a huge amount of risk with him anyway with money like we would in past years, and as far as talent at other positions their is plenty of wide receiver talent thats going to be had up to the 3rd round at least simply because the rest of the wide receivers outside of Floyd and Blackmon they are all raw, as for tight ends its going to be a real crap shoot guess as to where any of those go, Im going

1.Andrew Luck

2 Janoris Jenkins

3 Hill, Jeffery, Sanu, Jenkins Criner (in that order one of those )

4.Ta'amu

5Ladarius Green, Dwayne Allen ^(in that order)

5.Streeter

6.Baptiste

7.Ryan Van Bergen

7.Rokevious Watkins

7, Justin Bethel

Ill take that draft this year and be content with it

you and Janoris Jenkins must be smoking the same stuff to think that Hill and Jeffery are going to be there in the 3rd.

WR

NT

DE

TE

CB

C

RB

ILB

that would be my order of needs. BPA is hard to tell when you are speculating where everyone will go and where the will ACTUALLY go come April 26th

you and Janoris Jenkins must be smoking the same stuff to think that Hill and Jeffery are going to be there in the 3rd.

WR

NT

DE

TE

CB

C

RB

ILB

that would be my order of needs. BPA is hard to tell when you are speculating where everyone will go and where the will ACTUALLY go come April 26th

did I say they would be their in the third, I said Im taking one of those, best one available, at least two of those will be their and probably 3

did I say they would be their in the third, I said Im taking one of those, best one available, at least two of those will be their and probably 3

umm...yes, to me if you are listing players in a draft order scheme, to me that is you communicating the possibility of them being there in the round that you indicated. Did I miss something? I could see Sanu possibly and def Jenkins, but Hill and Jeffery have no shot and I would take both of those guys in the 2nd over Ja. Jenkins, no question.