Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 6-August 4th

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drew Olgetree is already our best TE lol.

Haven't heard anything shining about Woods and the few highlights I've seen he looks lumbering (odd for the most RASest TE ever).

I have little to no hope for the tiny TE.

Mac will look like the best TE in the league for 2 weeks and then disappear.

Just now, ColtsLegacy said:

Drew Olgetree is already our best TE lol.

Haven't heard anything shining about Woods and the few highlights I've seen he looks lumbering (odd for the most RASest TE ever).

I have little to no hope for the tiny TE.

Mac will look like the best TE in the league for 2 weeks and then disappear.

Any dude Woods size will always "look" lumbering, but he hasn't been impressing much.  He's a definite project though.  No doubt about it.  

10 minutes ago, Behle said:

Defense looked really good today. 

They dominated our O when I was there Saturday.  I'm not sure if that's encouraging or not.  It's hard to tell if it's Good D or Bad O when you are playing your own guys.  

59 minutes ago, Nickster said:

Any dude Woods size will always "look" lumbering, but he hasn't been impressing much.  He's a definite project though.  No doubt about it.  

To an extent, yes; however, Ogletree is about the same size and looks much smoother. And, Woods has the highest RAS (Relative Athletic Score) ever (literally ever) so he should look relatively less lumbering haha.

jelani-woods-ras-1.jpeg

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hines is going to have a huge  year.

Definitely getting the feeling that Hines will benefit from Ryan's impact on this offense.  He may get the early career Kamara treatment and if he can sustain it we're looking at 600-700 yards in the air and on the ground for him.  Which would be a really nice development for this offense.

6 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

To an extent, yes; however, Ogletree is about the same size and looks much smoother. And, Woods has the highest RAS (Relative Athletic Score) ever (literally ever) so he should look relatively less lumbering haha.

jelani-woods-ras-1.jpeg

To me Gronk looked totally lumbering.  He looked like he was running in cement boots.

He just, well wasn't.  And I don't think there is any smoothness in Gronks game just badassness. 

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

jelani-woods-ras-1.jpeg

I am glad Ogletree is showing out

It may take some time for Woods

He was a blocker TE before getting a chance last year at TE (To catch passes)

16 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Buckner not being double teamed every single down (opposing O-lines have to focus attn on Yannick and Kwity too) is going to pay dividends 

I'm hoping that it not only frees Buckner up on a play by play basis, but also lets him take less cumulative punishment throughout the year. That's also why I hope some of the young guys can take a few snaps from him.

23 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

jelani-woods-ras-1.jpeg

Which one is the better blocker?

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Taller players tend to look that way, especially if they are high waisted with long legs.  And they probably do lumber to a degree because there needs to be a lot of leg movement to get anywhere.  MAC can have the same issues.  Centers, in basketball tend to lumber too.

You know, I guy with 2 foot long legs and a 4 foot long torso is going to look like he's really motoring.  LOL.

Archived