Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 6-August 4th

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

So far, the team has stayed healthy. 

Yup. Biggest thing for us is Leonard getting back and ready to play. Our LB unit is pretty cringe on paper if we don't have him. Oke seems to be having a good camp, but he did last year too. I'm a little disappointed Speed isn't emerging to be more at this point. The traits are there, but something doesn't seem to be clicking. 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. Biggest thing for us is Leonard getting back and ready to play. Our LB unit is pretty cringe on paper if we don't have him. Oke seems to be having a good camp, but he did last year too. I'm a little disappointed Speed isn't emerging to be more at this point. The traits are there, but something doesn't seem to be clicking. 

That’s kind of the story of pro sports.  Most of these guys have the same athleticism. It comes down to who knows what to do in the moment. 

Im interested to see how this latest draft class does. Looks like they all have above average athletic abilities.  Hopefully 3-4 guys can process the game and emerge as stars. 

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I agree about the LBs, but to me the Colts success or lack thereof boils down to the olines and dlines playing up to their investments.

The lines need to both play like top units.  There is little doubt that both lines will at least be good (though I have more concerns about the LT situation than you, it just can’t be a swinging gate and The health of Q is a concern to me too.  He was dominated v. JAx.  Hopefully he was nicked or just had a bad day or maybe sick or something).  The lines will be at least good but they need to be dominant.  

Especially the Dline.  The investment is staggering in picks, salary, and trade capital.  They have to produce a near elite pass rush while not becoming susceptible to getting gashed in the running game with 1 gapping and having one of the weakest run defenders in Ngakuoe out there.  We don’t have a superstar pass rusher on the squad, no bosa, watt, or Donald type that trancends scheme and opponents scheme on an individual basis,but hopefully the collective unit will be able to produce an elite team pass rush.  I could see this developing, but to me it has to be elite, not just good. They have to keep the LBs clean while producing that rush.  If this happens, then the pressure on the LB unit with or without Shaq, will be lessened and they can run around making plays.  I’m still very concerned with the FS situation but again if the Dline is dominant then Blackmon or whoever will have less pressure over the top and will be able to dive down into the trash and make plays.

one thing that is encouraging to me is I’ve seen in the camp feeds that Taylor and Leonard have been on the field together a lot.  There strengths and weaknesses compliment each other and both are threats to chunk the D for one TDs on any play.  

it will certainly be an interesting season.  I hope it all works out and we can go into next year and the off-season and camp will be boring in that we will know what we have and will have not have so many glaring unknowns and the discussions will be like the Manning years and we will just be wondering how far we will go in the playoffs the next few years rather than if we will make the post and if the plan is going to work out.  

i want to be bored next summer and join the sunshine crew lol.

academy awards oscars GIF

I want the Nickster to be like that Handsome feller in the fly powder blue tux next summer.

Cause the Nickster as a Colt fan has been more like this since Luck 

image.jpeg.78b9a9679c3d10f377a1c5be7fb18daa.jpeg

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

The way Reich sounded yesterday it sounds like Leonard might be close. I guess we will see.

One thing I think I've learned about the Colts org, is the injury situations are very unclear lol.  I don't follow other orgs so I don't know how it is generally done, but it seems like over the years, we haven't always gotten very clear injury updates lol. 

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

That’s kind of the story of pro sports.  Most of these guys have the same athleticism. It comes down to who knows what to do in the moment. 

Im interested to see how this latest draft class does. Looks like they all have above average athletic abilities.  Hopefully 3-4 guys can process the game and emerge as stars. 

I don't think we will see that.   Maybe emerge as starters but not NFL stars.   I guess it depends on how "star" is defined.  To me it would be more than a pro bowl player.   One of the best at their position I guess.  

5 minutes ago, Nickster said:

One thing I think I've learned about the Colts org, is the injury situations are very unclear lol.  I don't follow other orgs so I don't know how it is generally done, but it seems like over the years, we haven't always gotten very clear injury updates lol. 

He seemed to be very guarded in what he said but almost seemed to spill that he was close and caught himself.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't think we will see that.   Maybe emerge as starters but not NFL stars.   I guess it depends on how "star" is defined.  To me it would be more than a pro bowl player.   One of the best at their position I guess.  

I was thinking stars of our team which is above average starters in my book. There is more than talent and production needed to be a star in the nfl. 

Saying all of that I should of chose a different word.  

Archived