Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training Camp Day 6-August 4th

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Boondoggle said:

Maybe they're right and have enough with that group.  Hope so, but I'm wait and see on this one.

He did say a few days ago that they will evaluate after the first preseason game the entire roster and try to fix any holes they have. I always thought they had enough. I was more concerned with Parris injury history and injuries and what would happen with if say Pittman got injured. But Ballard is right you can’t forget Hines. He kind of lessons the need for a vet.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Taller players tend to look that way, especially if they are high waisted with long legs.  And they probably do lumber to a degree because there needs to be a lot of leg movement to get anywhere.  MAC can have the same issues.  Centers, in basketball tend to lumber too.

You know, I guy with 2 foot long legs and a 4 foot long torso is going to look like he's really motoring.  LOL.

That's true and I've only seen a few clips. But still he's an athletic freak so I expect him to look like a giant spideman! haha

2 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Drew Olgetree is already our best TE lol.

Haven't heard anything shining about Woods and the few highlights I've seen he looks lumbering (odd for the most RASest TE ever).

I have little to no hope for the tiny TE.

Mac will look like the best TE in the league for 2 weeks and then disappear.

People got wo hung up in RAS. U have to remember that they think months for the combine. U look at the tape to see if he had that same explosion in college. I didn't expect much. I just think 6 foot 7 is just to long to be a legit explosive receiver.  Very long legged and needs a lot of turn over to get going. I could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I doubt it Ty Hilton GIF by Indianapolis Colts- Ballard is bluffing, TY will be signed by next week, watch and learn. There isn't 6 WR's better on this team than TY.

U maybe right. However, u would have to cut a possible guy with a lot of up side in favor of an old wr. Not worth it. He's done.

My WR room would be Pittman, Pierce, Campbell, Dulin, Patmon, and TY. TY is great insurance to have if Campbell goes down or Dulin goes down. I think landing someone like Beckham will never happen, just not a Ballard move. Our TE room will be MO, Ogletree, and Woods. JMO's and we will see what happens. I could be wrong or then again I could be right lmao . Having Hines will really help our WR room luckily. 

9 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

That’s kind of the story of pro sports.  Most of these guys have the same athleticism. It comes down to who knows what to do in the moment. 

Im interested to see how this latest draft class does. Looks like they all have above average athletic abilities.  Hopefully 3-4 guys can process the game and emerge as stars. 

Yup. I really like our first 4 guys. Looks like the 4th guy we took might get the earliest opportunity in a starting role to prove himself. McLeod looks to be back in the mix though. 

I was at the Saturday practice and the only real concern I had was tight end..you know MAC gets the start but after that didn't seem like any of those guys had a lock on the 2...and I just don't think Granson is going to get it..dude drops some easy passes a lot

32 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

People got wo hung up in RAS. U have to remember that they think months for the combine. U look at the tape to see if he had that same explosion in college. I didn't expect much. I just think 6 foot 7 is just to long to be a legit explosive receiver.  Very long legged and needs a lot of turn over to get going. I could be wrong.

Ogletree looks slow on tape too. But he's making good catches. Doyle wasn't the fastest either, but he was reliable.

5 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

What are they get waiting for?

I would say negotiations and TY is probably wanting a certain amount for 1 more year, not sure but Ballard even said TY was still an option a few days ago. We are also assessing a lot of other WR's right now. Give it another week. If TY isn't signed by next Friday then maybe he won't be. I give it another week.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Taller players tend to look that way, especially if they are high waisted with long legs.  And they probably do lumber to a degree because there needs to be a lot of leg movement to get anywhere.  MAC can have the same issues.  Centers, in basketball tend to lumber too.

You know, I guy with 2 foot long legs and a 4 foot long torso is going to look like he's really motoring.  LOL.

cabin fever spin GIF

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would say negotiations and TY is probably wanting a certain amount for 1 more year, not sure but Ballard even said TY was still an option a few days ago. We are also assessing a lot of other WR's right now. Give it another week. If TY isn't signed by next Friday then maybe he won't be. I give it another week.

By this time he knows what he is going to get.   

54 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Uh, somehow Gronk got open behind defenses, and so often down the seams. There is NOTHING to stop Woods from doing this also because he is faster. And he won't have to make amazing breaks to float into the zones that he assured us he already will be good at.  Worry on.

1 minute ago, throwing BBZ said:

Uh, somehow Gronk got open behind defenses, and so often down the seams. There is NOTHING to stop Woods from doing this also because he is faster. And he won't have to make amazing breaks to float into the zones that he assured us he already will be good at.  Worry on.

Gronk is the exception plus I think  all those drugs he took helped...lol. Amazing last year coming out of retirement then bang able to put on pounds of solid muscle before the season starts. Ever see him in the off season.? Not the same player at all.

2 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Ogletree looks slow on tape too. But he's making good catches. Doyle wasn't the fastest either, but he was reliable.

Most all super tall TEs look slow and lumbering lol. That's why I've always said that those comments about Mo are a bit silly. Can't compare guys like Mo, Woods, Ogletree to smaller, more compact move TEs in terms of how they look on film. Gronk looks lumbering too until his build up speed gets him free against smaller dudes. 

Hopefully our TE routes this season will be less short sideline possession type stuff, and more streaking and timing type routes. 

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Most all super tall TEs look slow and lumbering lol. That's why I've always said that those comments about Mo are a bit silly. Can't compare guys like Mo, Woods, Ogletree to smaller, more compact move TEs in terms of how they look on film. Gronk looks lumbering too until his build up speed gets him free against smaller dudes. 

Hopefully our TE routes this season will be less short sideline possession type stuff, and more streaking and timing type routes. 

I'm picturing PITTMAN & Pierce streaking down the sidelines, Paris flashing over the middle, with the safeties picking their poison.
 And our TE's releasing behind this with the chance to do some rambling.
 OH it's coming alright!!!
 And it is JMO all four of our TE's are going to be successful blocking out in space for JT & Hines. These 2 rookies are gonna be solid playmakers.

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I'm picturing PITTMAN & Pierce streaking down the sidelines, Paris flashing over the middle, with the safeties picking their poison.
 And our TE's releasing behind this with the chance to do some rambling.
 OH it's coming alright!!!
 And it is JMO all four of our TE's are going to be successful blocking out in space for JT & Hines. These 2 rookies are gonna be solid playmakers.

I want all starting WRs streaking deep (Pitt, Pierce, Campbell). Campbell obviously has the best burnt toast speed. Both Pitt and Pierce have good speed and have my-ball attitudes. I'd like all of them to go deep inside and out. Sideline gos, inside gos, deep slants, etc.. Even Hines had a deep go route today that Ryan hit for a 20+ TD. And Dulin has good speed and looks to be violent in attacking the ball. 

Not trying to say I want to go air raid all the time though. Those same guys should all be testing the middle too. I'm OK with Pierce starting out as a deep sideline guy early in his career and becoming more well rounded as he gains experience. 

I'd also like the TEs and RBs to be running a mix of routes. We've been way too vanilla the last 3 years with routes. Tired of hearing the "multiples" stuff. I'm fine with true multiples, but we've been heavy conservative. 

Archived