Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels expected to skip the combine in Indy

Mel Kiper's Hair

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I think that's normal, though. I went to the combine a year or two ago. Most coaches for teams are sitting in their own box along the wall. However, there was one coach sitting in the seats about 20 rows up. Guess who it was? ..... Bill Belichick. 

If Bill attends, I bet he will love answering all of Josh's questions for him. Josh is such a nice guy. I mean, just look at him:

500x500-2016-headshots-coaches-josh-mcda

Don't you just want to pinch those little cheeks?

13 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

I think that's normal, though. I went to the combine a year or two ago. Most coaches for teams are sitting in their own box along the wall. However, there was one coach sitting in the seats about 20 rows up. Guess who it was? ..... Bill Belichick. 

It makes sense since he is the one who does the drafting.

19 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/josh-mcdaniels-reportedly-skipping-nfl-combine-in-indy-after-bailing-on-colts-job/

In the article, it mentions that this is a typical Patriots move for their staff after a Super Bowl appearance, but I still found it interesting.

I find it somewhat contradictory that he is not attending the combine.  When he chose to stay in NE, part of the reason was b/c BB indicated he was going to "teach McD the inner workings of the HC position".  To me, the whole scouting/evaluation/draft process seems to fall right into the area of "roster construction".

Belichick told McDaniels that he would spend more time with him on the inner workings of the Patriots, including roster construction and salary-cap management, which was viewed as "extremely valuable" to McDaniels. It is an arrangement that owners Robert and Jonathan Kraft endorsed because it could ultimately be part of a succession plan for Belichick, although no assurances were made to McDaniels.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356403/meeting-bill-belichick-convinced-josh-mcdaniels-change-mind

17 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

If Bill attends, I bet he will love answering all of Josh's questions for him. Josh is such a nice guy. I mean, just look at him:

500x500-2016-headshots-coaches-josh-mcda

Don't you just want to pinch those little cheeks?

LOL...

Not trying to be too judgmental, but McD (especially in this picture) could easily pass off as a villian type in an Adam Sandler like comedy. Not capable of being too extremely dangerous, just conceited & dastardly, probably with some cartoonishevil laugh...

I could definitely see this guy eating some shrimp scampi with Shooter McGavin down at the local Red Lobster...

2 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

LOL...

Not trying to be too judgmental, but McD (especially in this picture) could easily pass off as a villian type in an Adam Sandler like comedy. Not capable of being too extremely dangerous, just conceited & dastardly, probably with some cartoonishevil laugh...

I could definitely see this guy eating some shrimp scampi with Shooter McGavin down at the local Red Lobster...

I met the daughter of Shooter during an insurance appointment about 10 years ago. She had all kinds of memorabilia at her place and asked if i wanted to say hello. She called him up and left a vm, about 20 minutes later it was Shooter and we talked for about 10 minuttes, it was a blast and he was very nice 

9 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I met the daughter of Shooter during an insurance appointment about 10 years ago. She had all kinds of memorabilia at her place and asked if i wanted to say hello. She called him up and left a vm, about 20 minutes later it was Shooter and we talked for about 10 minuttes, it was a blast and he was very nice 

Lol, thats awesome. All this talk revolving around Happy Gilmore has me thinking. What was Gilmore's golf coaches name???

Must be a pre-draft premonition!

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

You met/talked to Shooter McGavin 10 years ago...

AND THIS IS THE FIRST WE'RE HEARING OF THIS!?!?!?

What the heck, man?  Have you mentioned this since you joined in 2013 and I just missed it?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12178-1375118087-7.

18 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

What the heck, man?  Have you mentioned this since you joined in 2013 and I just missed it?

I'm sorry brother I didn't think it was a big deal someone mentioned it and I remember that I've helped for Colts get life insurance after they quit playing with the team in a couple health insurance

19 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My dad talked to Samwise Gamgee at my Cousin's wedding more then 10 years ago.  Except my dad had no idea who he was (while everyone else knew and was afraid to talk to him.) so my dad ended up asking him what he did for a living.  He was busy with a project in New Zealand was his answer.  

As to why he was at my cousin's wedding.  His wife is related to their mother.