Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are “taking a hard look” at Joe Mixon

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

You have the tape on that?

Nope. Didn't think so.

So,  it's only important if its on tape?  

I hate men who hit women.  I don't want mixon,  but if Irsay feels he has changed,  I'm not gonna stop watching the team.    He has far more to lose than anyone if he is drafted.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So,  it's only important of its on tape?  

I hate men who hit women.  I don't want mixon,  but if Irsay feels he has changed,  I'm not gonna stop watching the team.    He has far more to lose than anyone if he is drafted.

Why does it "only" have to be important if it's a tape?

It is wrong either way. When there is tape then there is no denying it. It's proof. 

The league needs to make a stand. I am rooting for Mixon to go undrated and for no team to offer him a job in camp. Not likely, but it I would think very highly of every NFL team for doing it.

And as far as Irsay having far more to lose, well that is a matter of perception. More money? Sure. Yes. I have invested a great deal of my life into being a die hard Colts fan, and I would lose a lot if I were to walk away.

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

Why does it "only" have to be important if it's a tape?

It is wrong either way. When there is tape then there is no denying it. It's proof. 

The league needs to make a stand. I am rooting for Mixon to go undrated and for no team to offer him a job in camp. Not likely, but it I would think very highly of every NFL team for doing it.

And as far as Irsay having far more to lose, well that is a matter of perception. More money? Sure. Yes. I have invested a great deal of my life into being a die hard Colts fan, and I would lose a lot if I were to walk away.

I didn't say it's only important if it's on tape.  It was a question to you.

Walden didn't plead not guilty.  Yet you didn't quit watching the colts after he was brought in.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I didn't say it's only important if it's on tape.  It was a question to you.

Walden didn't plead not guilty.  Yet you didn't quit watching the colts after he was brought in.

So do you know exactly what happened that night with Walden? Cause I don't. I think only those two really know.

Hard to form any real conclusions when we were not there, the story is all over the place, and no tape exists to explain it.

What about you? Would you forgive a man who did that to your daughter?

If we allow Mixon a roster spot on this team then it would seriously change the way I feel about this team. I believe there is not a chance in hell that Irsay would allow Mixon to be a part of the Shoe. He has three daughters, and the shield matters too much to him. Call Irsay crazy or whatever, but he truly loves the Colts. And to bring a person like Mixon on board, well that would change my perception of Jim Irsay. 

11 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

So do you know exactly what happened that night with Walden? Cause I don't. I think only those two really know.

Hard to form any real conclusions when we were not there, the story is all over the place, and no tape exists to explain it.

What about you? Would you forgive a man who did that to your daughter?

If we allow Mixon a roster spot on this team then it would seriously change the way I feel about this team. I believe there is not a chance in hell that Irsay would allow Mixon to be a part of the Shoe. He has three daughters, and the shield matters too much to him. Call Irsay crazy or whatever, but he truly loves the Colts. And to bring a person like Mixon on board, well that would change my perception of Jim Irsay. 

I can separate my life from the goings on in the nfl.   There have been plenty of guilty woman beaters in the league.  Just because you may not be a fan of the team they play on,  you are still supporting them by watching any game.  I'm not going to stop watching the nfl because of it.   The victims will get far more lawsuit money if they are signed to a multi million dollar contract.

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

Nothing substantiated, but take a look at this reddit thread for some draft rumors, including some notes on the Colts and Mixon: https://www.reddit.com/r/Colts/comments/64ul74/take_this_as_you_will_but_i_have_some_info_you/

If all of that comes true then that will be pretty interesting. 

LOL. Not that hard to believe though. It is sound judgement. 

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I can separate my life from the goings on in the nfl.   There have been plenty of guilty woman beaters in the league.  Just because you may not be a fan of the team they play on,  you are still supporting them by watching any game.  I'm not going to stop watching the nfl because of it.   The victims will get far more lawsuit money if they are signed to a multi million dollar contract.

I thought about that too. But it doesn't need to be Colt money.

I couldn't be a die hard fan of just any team. Jim Irsay is a big reason why I love the Colts so much. He has his faults, as we all do, but he is a great man. I will be SHOCKED if Irsay allows us to take Mixon. I am 100% sure (in my mind) that Irsay has taken Mixon off of our board. That is not to say Irsay meddles, because he does a great job not meddling. But I have to believe that Irsay wants no part of Joe Mixon. 

Just now, BlueShoe said:

I thought about that too. 

I couldn't be a die hard fan of just any team. Jim Irsay is a big reason why I love the Colts so much. He has his faults, as we all do, but he is a great man. I will be SHOCKED if Irsay allows us to take Mixon. I am 100% sure (in my mind) that Irsay has taken Mixon off of our board. That is not to say Irsay meddles, because he does a great job not meddling. But I have to believe that Irsay wants no part of Joe Mixon. 

I agree,  I don't think the colts draft mixon.  Pretty tough PR move.   

On 4/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

Another question I'm wondering is, "would he have punched the person out if it was a guy, or did he only do it because she was a girl?"

I think he would have swung after the push if it was a guy. When he jumped at her after the push, it was one of two things to me: a warning or him checking himself. Then the hit came and that was it..

On 4/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, akcolt said:

I know I made my share of mistakes. I do my best to learn from them and move on. I think this kids being judged pretty harshly on here. This isn't a grown man knocking his fiancé out cold. I find it interesting that no one seems to have a problem with Lewis being mocked to us.. He was charged with DV at an age he defiantly should have known better. 

I've mentioned it before, but Lewis' situation is am interesting one. From what I've read, his g/f came home, wigged out on him, he went to leave, she physically attempted to keep him from leaving, then he put hisome hand on her throat to peel her off of him (didn't choke her). Her story was shotty and not reliable. Police also found no physical evidence that he harmed her. It sounds more like a domestic spat than domestic violence. Those 2 just need to not be together, because they obviously have a toxic relationship.

13 hours ago, Superman said:

Nothing substantiated, but take a look at this reddit thread for some draft rumors, including some notes on the Colts and Mixon: https://www.reddit.com/r/Colts/comments/64ul74/take_this_as_you_will_but_i_have_some_info_you/

I read this thread. A lot of it makes no sense. I have a suspicion the guy is a Brad Wells/Jim Osborne type of 'insider"

4 hours ago, stitches said:

I read this thread. A lot of it makes no sense. I have a suspicion the guy is a Brad Wells/Jim Osborne type of 'insider"

I'm definitely not putting any faith in any of that stuff. I normally don't post rumors like that, but I thought it was interesting.

That huge blemish on his character makes him not worth bringing in.

Although I wouldn't like it, I'd accept it if he was a GREAT rb. You can get a guy without the red flags with pretty similar skills I'd bet in the draft. He isn't being touted as the next Barry Sanders or AP so I'm not touching him if I'm running things.

On 4/13/2017 at 8:00 PM, Superman said:

Thanks for sharing.  It was an interesting read whether the guy/gal is credible or not.  Some of it I could see, some of it I'm having a hard time with, such as Kevin King going top 10.  I like the guy, I even had him on the Colts in my mock, but NOT that high.

On 4/13/2017 at 8:23 PM, BlueShoe said:

I thought about that too. But it doesn't need to be Colt money.

I share your admiration for Irsay as an owner, but I can't correlate his greatness with whether or not he chooses to give a second chance to a young man about whom I have very incomplete facts, and about whom I don't know the formation factors that made him volatile at age 18.

I have knocked plenty of people off of the pedestal I placed them on...yet found that my own self-righteousness was the determining factor in their relative value.  Their flaws were present before and after....

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 7:04 PM, BlueShoe said:

It is very wrong for a man (football player strength) to hit a 5 foot 110-115 pound woman, and knock her out.

It is disgusting. 

One cannot claim to be for equal rights and expect special privileges in the meantime, like some feminazis have become. Legally, both are non-juvenile adults and should expect to abide by the law. She should not have hit him first. It's clear that she thought she was above the law and hit him because she did not expect any reprisal.

If anything, Mixon should demand that his "victim" apologize as well.

30 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

One cannot claim to be for equal rights and expect special privileges in the meantime, like some feminazis have become. Legally, both are non-juvenile adults and should expect to abide by the law. She should not have hit him first. It's clear that she thought she was above the law and hit him because she did not expect any reprisal.

It's a matter of physicality, not equal rights.   They don't pit female UFC Fighters against male fighters for a reason.  In the legal realm yeah, Mixon could probably pursue assault charges against her.  Men have had their wives arrested for domestic dispute ect.  

I personally don't agree with hitting women and I've been socked in the face by a couple of them.  A man has to be pretty weak minded to bare nuckle lay a woman out.  I'm neither a feminazi nor a mananazi who thinks it's fine to lay a woman out.  Let the courts settle it, or just walk away.  Most smart men know it's NOT wise to argue with women, you rarely win.  

In the video he clearly walks in and provokes her.  I seriously doubt he was just going there to say "I'm sorry, let me buy you a cheeseburger."

16 hours ago, rock8591 said:

That is ridiculous. I hope you take time to rethink that, and you come away with a different opinion. 

15 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

It's a matter of physicality, not equal rights.   They don't pit female UFC Fighters against male fighters for a reason.  In the legal realm yeah, Mixon could probably pursue assault charges against her.  Men have had their wives arrested for domestic dispute ect.  

I personally don't agree with hitting women and I've been socked in the face by a couple of them.  A man has to be pretty weak minded to bare nuckle lay a woman out.  I'm neither a feminazi nor a mananazi who thinks it's fine to lay a woman out.  Let the courts settle it, or just walk away.  Most smart men know it's NOT wise to argue with women, you rarely win.  

In the video he clearly walks in and provokes her.  I seriously doubt he was just going there to say "I'm sorry, let me buy you a cheeseburger."

By that logic, then I have the right to swing at you 100 times as long as I miss or don't do bodily damage on any of them. It is 100% about intention. She decided to shove him first, then hit him again. By law, she is not a minor nor a child, and should not have to face zero consequence for what she did.

In the real world, the latter never happens. Joe Average comes home and finds out that his wife Jill is mad at him. Jill starts smashing up and destroying his belongings, smashing his computer, bicycle, guitar, etc, etc. Joe holds Jill by her wrists to attempt to restrain and stop her and and in the melee, both fall to the ground and Jill twists her ankle.

Police arrive and Joe is charged with aggravated assault and battery.

In the real world, that is what happens 90% of the time. Stop watching Lifetime movies and think that's the real world.

On 4/12/2017 at 0:26 PM, BProland85 said:

The earliest I'd wanna take a RB is late 2nd so if Indy traded down into the lower 2nd I'd be in favor of drafting him. Indy needs defensive playmakers first and foremost. 

Even if we should take Mixon or another RB in the 2nd or even earlier this draft is still plenty deep enough for us to adequately address corners and edge rushers in the other rounds. I expect us to grab 2 corners this week and at least one edge rusher & an inside backer.  Ballard will look to improve the defense but he won't neglect adding playmakers to the offense too if that is what his board dictates. 

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

By that logic, then I have the right to swing at you 100 times as long as I miss or don't do bodily damage on any of them. It is 100% about intention. She decided to shove him first, then hit him again. By law, she is not a minor nor a child, and should not have to face zero consequence for what she did.

In the real world, the latter never happens. Joe Average comes home and finds out that his wife Jill is mad at him. Jill starts smashing up and destroying his belongings, smashing his computer, bicycle, guitar, etc, etc. Joe holds Jill by her wrists to attempt to restrain and stop her and and in the melee, both fall to the ground and Jill twists her ankle.

In the real world, that is what happens 90% of the time. Stop watching Lifetime movies and think that's the real world.

If two people get in a fight they can both be arrested legally regardless of gender, FACT.  The court can settle it later.  All of it involves circumstantial crap anyways.  This happens ALL the time, it's not rocket science or feminazi rhetoric.  Mixon has the right to pursue legal charges but he won't. 

It boils down to a societal concept involving chivalry, not legality.  100% of men I know would NOT KO a woman because she slaps him or shoves him.  Sides, he was PROVOKING her, why the #@)( didn't he just walk away?  This is what led to the altercation in the first place.  Sheer stupidity, absolute sheer stupidity, he himself knows that.

Hey listen, if you agree that athletes and males should be able to KO a woman with a petty slap or push in the claim of self defense, that's more than fine.  I have nothing against you for it even though I personally disagree with it.  I would just flat out feel disgusted with myself after KO'in, concussing, or killing a woman even in self defense.  It's pretty easy to subdue a woman in a non threatening manner or you know what just don't provoke people in the first place! 

1 hour ago, rock8591 said:

Stick to the Hernandez  jokes lol