Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard Poll

ThorstenDenmark

Chris Ballard Poll :)  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think CB has done a Good ? Mediocre or Worse job than Grigson so far?

• Good job - He's spot on
    • Mediocre - He's doing somethings right
    • Worse than Grigson - He's ruining the Colts Franchise

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, of course it's way to early to make a poll like this.

But I was curious to see, if people really like the signings so far, and what he seems to bring to the table.

By the numbers of the poll, it seems like people really likes him and the signings so far.

But in these Trump days, where all the election polls seemed to favor Hillary, what can you then really use a poll like this for ;) 

Anyway, I like his attitude and no nonesense attitude more than the signings, so for once, it seems mr. Irsay have chosen wisely regarding a GM.

7 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Chris Ballard Poll

How do you think he's done so far as a GM ?

He seems to be doing okay, but any answer you see in this thread is total crap right now.

How are we supposed to know this early in his regime? 

This is a question that needs to be asked after he has been at the job for a year or so. It will take at least a few years to accurately begin to judge his body of work. 

5 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Well, of course it's way to early to make a poll like this.

But I was curious to see, if people really like the signings so far, and what he seems to bring to the table.

By the numbers of the poll, it seems like people really likes him and the signings so far.

But in these Trump days, where all the election polls seemed to favor Hillary, what can you then really use a poll like this for ;) 

Anyway, I like his attitude and no nonesense attitude more than the signings, so for once, it seems mr. Irsay have chosen wisely regarding a GM.

Trump days? What does that have to do with the Colts and or the NFL?

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Trump days? What does that have to do with the Colts and or the NFL?

Just a remark about how every single poll seemed to favor Hillary, and that when it all went down, Trump won. 

Hence, poll's cant be trusted - therefore Trump days.

Crappy comparison, and probably just my bad danish humor dropping in.

I voted Mediocre.  I understand that Ballard said he would not get big name FAs, but he needed to get an impact player for the Defense.  We are also lacking veteran leadership on the Defense with the retirements and releases.

The other reason for my vote is, Ballard has backed himself in a corner for the draft.  Ballard's 1st round pick will have to be a player who can start and have an impact on this Defense.  Ballard will have to get at least 2 other starters with the other picks.

Not a good way to start your tenure as a new GM.

17 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

I voted Mediocre.  I understand that Ballard said he would not get big name FAs, but he needed to get an impact player for the Defense.  We are also lacking veteran leadership on the Defense with the retirements and releases.

The other reason for my vote is, Ballard has backed himself in a corner for the draft.  Ballard's 1st round pick will have to be a player who can start and have an impact on this Defense.  Ballard will have to get at least 2 other starters with the other picks.

Not a good way to start your tenure as a new GM.

Voting at all is to pre mature. Ballard hasn't had his first draft yet.

Signing some big name expensive defensive player will not all of a sudden make this defense better. We need solid depth players first and foremost. The main problem we have had over the last couple of years is lack of depth. The talent level between the starter and depth players has been a huge drop off in talent. Ballard IMO has picked up a couple of players who does fill that need.

18 hours ago, BCoop said:

This isn't how supply and demand works at all.

I agree with the end of your post though. Exercising patience is never the easy route to take, although it's typically the right one.

Well as supply goes up, the price goes up. The cap space keeps raising so they players are asking for more money. Ballard doesn't want to waste it on a few players. I think he should sign at least one top player. But I see what he is doing. 

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pre season tells nothing. All those seasons the Colts went 10 wins plus I think we lost 90% of pre season games.

Yes it does. Pay attention to the film. Preseason shows how hard your team is practicing. I knew weren't going to have much of a pass rush because of the preseason. It also show the quality of depth you have. The 2nd and 3rd string guys are fighting for jobs. Preseason to an untrained eye doesn't matter fool.

33 minutes ago, a06cc said:

Yes it does. Pay attention to the film. Preseason shows how hard your team is practicing. I knew weren't going to have much of a pass rush because of the preseason. It also show the quality of depth you have. The 2nd and 3rd string guys are fighting for jobs. Preseason to an untrained eye doesn't matter fool.

So now you want to insult me and call me a fool?

I have news for you the 2nd and 3rd string guys are fighting for their jobs in camp, not pre season games. Pre season games gives the players a chance to play against other players other than the ones they play in camp practice. What these players show in camp goes more to their being who the team wants to keep. There is quite a long list of ex Colt players who shined in pre season games but ultimately didn't make an NFL roster.

I highly doubt you have a better eye for talent than what the coaches have in camp practice.

So take your insult and shove it where the sun don't shine.

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Voting at all is to pre mature. Ballard hasn't had his first draft yet.

Signing some big name expensive defensive player will not all of a sudden make this defense better. We need solid depth players first and foremost. The main problem we have had over the last couple of years is lack of depth. The talent level between the starter and depth players has been a huge drop off in talent. Ballard IMO has picked up a couple of players who does fill that need.

You are correct.  Ballard got some depth, just no starters.  I never said Ballard had to get any big name FAs.  I did say that Ballard had backed himself into a corner for the draft.  That his 1st round pick had to be an impact Defensive starter.  I continued with he would need, at least, 2 other Defensive starters.

50 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

You are correct.  Ballard got some depth, just no starters.  I never said Ballard had to get any big name FAs.  I did say that Ballard had backed himself into a corner for the draft.  That his 1st round pick had to be an impact Defensive starter.  I continued with he would need, at least, 2 other Defensive starters.

So what will your reaction going to be if Ballard drafts Lamp like a couple of drafts are mocking?

We have no clue if Ballard is going to draft for need or BPA.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what will your reaction going to be if Ballard drafts Lamp like a couple of drafts are mocking?

I believe he has said he'll draft BPA, I'll try to find a link for it if I can.

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You have to produce three or four guys who are going to help you every single year. "Chris Ballard"

"It’s a good draft," Ballard said during last week’s NFL Scouting Combine. "I think it’s a really good defensive draft and I think there are some good offensive players, too."

Best I could find on short notice, but it could lean toward him drafting some top tier defensive guys. I'll say we don't get Lamp, but we'll see.

10 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You have to produce three or four guys who are going to help you every single year. "Chris Ballard"

"It’s a good draft," Ballard said during last week’s NFL Scouting Combine. "I think it’s a really good defensive draft and I think there are some good offensive players, too."

Best I could find on short notice, but it could lean toward him drafting some top tier defensive guys. I'll say we don't get Lamp, but we'll see.

Exactly. We all can have a player in mind who we think Ballard should take but that is very rarely who is actually taken. Those GMs have so much more access to information the average fan don't. They make their owns teams big boards up and mock drafts mean pretty much zero to them. It's an interesting subject for us to discuss but ultimately what we think don't really influence or matter to them.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly. We all can have a player in mind who we think Ballard should take but that is very rarely who is actually taken. Those GMs have so much more access to information the average fan don't. They make their owns teams big boards up and mock drafts mean pretty much zero to them. It's an interesting subject for us to discuss but ultimately what we think don't really influence or matter to them.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/2/7/14532582/chris-ballard-opens-up-about-colts-roster-and-his-approach-to-building-the-team One more link that is interesting.

We definitely don't know their boards or how they think, all we can do is keep up with the players we think they may take, and ultimately do take that become Colts. The link above gives a bit of strategy he may use in the draft. He's kinda keeping it hush-hush though, and I don't blame him. Thought you might enjoy the article!

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/2/7/14532582/chris-ballard-opens-up-about-colts-roster-and-his-approach-to-building-the-team One more link that is interesting.

We definitely don't know their boards or how they think, all we can do is keep up with the players we think they may take, and ultimately do take that become Colts. The link above gives a bit of strategy he may use in the draft. He's kinda keeping it hush-hush though, and I don't blame him. Thought you might enjoy the article!

Great read, thanks Jared!

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Will not bother me.  Will know not to expect much from team this year if that happens. 

5 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

Will not bother me.  Will know not to expect much from team this year if that happens. 

I for one do expect the Colts to be better this year. I am not saying they are close to a super bowl run but IMO they will be improved from their 8-8 records of the last two seasons.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I for one do expect the Colts to be better this year. I am not saying they are close to a super bowl run but IMO they will be improved from their 8-8 records of the last two seasons.

I agree with your expectations.  Will not happen if Ballard does not get a Impact starting Defensive player in 1st round ( pass rusher or ILB that can cover).  Ballard will need to get at least 2 more Defensive day 1 starters as well to have a better season than last year's.

I am not as worried about the Offense as some on here, as the Offense was playing well at season's end.

44 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

I agree with your expectations.  Will not happen if Ballard does not get a Impact starting Defensive player in 1st round ( pass rusher or ILB that can cover).  Ballard will need to get at least 2 more Defensive day 1 starters as well to have a better season than last year's.

I am not as worried about the Offense as some on here, as the Offense was playing well at season's end.

That would be sweet but Ballard getting an impact player and two day one defensive starters in the draft IMO is unrealistic. Hopefully he can draft a couple of player in rounds 2-5 that become starters but expecting that from day one I just think wont happen. Getting depth players is just as important as getting starters. That is something we have lacked for quite a while now.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not sure what to expect at this point. I am almost sure we wont be worse than 8-8 if Andrew stays healthy. I dont even count 2015 because he was injured but last season was dissapointing considering all the close games we lost. Texans shoudve never swept us and we shouldve never lost to the Jags or Lions either. Texans will probably be Good but I have no idea who their QB will be. Titans are a team that are capable of going 10-6 if Mariota stays healthy. I have to see how the Draft goes before I can predict a win total.

On March 17, 2017 at 2:27 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He offered Poe a 5yr/$60mil contract. Poe still chose Atlanta.

tired of ppl spouting non sense they knw nothing about ... drop a link or the nonsense 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not sure what to expect at this point. I am almost sure we wont be worse than 8-8 if Andrew stays healthy. I dont even count 2015 because he was injured but last season was dissapointing considering all the close games we lost. Texans shoudve never swept us and we shouldve never lost to the Jags or Lions either. Texans will probably be Good but I have no idea who their QB will be. Titans are a team that are capable of going 10-6 if Mariota stays healthy. I have to see how the Draft goes before I can predict a win total.

Very understandable. I just think the young players already on the roster will improve and play better.

It is all a mystery at this point.