Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio Brown or Julio Jones?

RockThatBlue

Antonio Brown is easier to scheme out of a game imo. You can give a corner safety help over top all game and take away most of the problems he brings. Julio is tougher to do that against because of his larger frame. I think it's even for me, it depends on what you want though. Brown is a blazer that is good in the screen game as well, whereas Julio is a great red zone target. Odell rounds out the top 3 but it's 1A, 1B, 1C from me.

This really surprises me to see so many take Julio. Id take Brown. And I'd take AJ Green, obj, and a healthy Dez (which my be a unicorn at this point) over Julio. Maybe even a guy on the come up like Mike Evans.....Can't really go wrong with Julio, he just doesn't score enough for my taste. 

11 hours ago, OneNation said:

Antonio Brown is easier to scheme out of a game imo. You can give a corner safety help over top all game and take away most of the problems he brings. Julio is tougher to do that against because of his larger frame. I think it's even for me, it depends on what you want though. Brown is a blazer that is good in the screen game as well, whereas Julio is a great red zone target. Odell rounds out the top 3 but it's 1A, 1B, 1C from me.

I don't think Odell is on the same level as Julio and Brown, those two are by far the best receivers in the league.  It's kind of tough to tell who is actually a better player for me.  Julio has a better QB, who can put passes in places only Julio can catch, much like Manning did with Wayne and Harrison.  Brown has some of the most ridiculous speed I have seen, so basically it comes to a point where we argue speed vs agility.  But I will say, Julio made some ridiculous catches today that I am not sure Brown would have made. 

9 hours ago, IndyTrav said:

This really surprises me to see so many take Julio. Id take Brown. And I'd take AJ Green, obj, and a healthy Dez (which my be a unicorn at this point) over Julio. Maybe even a guy on the come up like Mike Evans.....Can't really go wrong with Julio, he just doesn't score enough for my taste. 

I'll have what you are smoking 

10 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

I used to think AB but now I think Julio. Not only is he great but he doesn't do any shenanigans like Antonio. Julio just goes about his business and doesn't make it about himself

That's something I love about Julio and few others like AJ, Fitz (and loved about Megatron).. Those guys are no divas, team players through and through.

I've been saying Julio for the last couple of years. Even though AB has put up better stats and consistency, you have to take into account AB is the only weapon outside of Bell. He gets more than 50% of the targets while The falcons spread the ball around much better. Julio is bigger, faster, and more athletically gifted. Also he doesn't cry when the ball doesn't come to him. Reminds me of Megatron in his prime

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'll have what you are smoking 

I really dont see the problem.....Julio is amazing. But hes Andre Johnson 2.0....He doesn't score enough. 

Last 2 years:

Player A: 347targets, 242 rec, 3123 yards, 24 TDs

Player B: 332targets, 219rec, 3280 yards, 14 TDs