LucasOilStadium

Colts @ New York Jets Game Day Thread

570 posts in this topic

Hi, Colts Nation.   :)  Our 5-6 Indianapolis Colts will try to even their regular season record to 6-6, as they are in the New Jersey Meadowlands to play the 3-8  New York Jets, as both teams conclude Week 13 regular season action, for ESPN's Monday Night Football.  Colts are playing  after their mini-bye week, after their devasting and disappointing , 28-7 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers at LOS back on Thanksgiving Night.  

Andrew Luck reportedly is cleared and active to lead the Colts offense on Monday Night, as he returns to live game action on the playing field after his recovery from his concussion protocol. Meanwhile, N.Y. Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick makes his ninth career start against Indianapolis, with a 2 win, 6 loss record entering tonight.

Indianapolis is playing their 39th all-time Monday Night Football game in franchise history, with a record of 21 wins and 17 losses, at .553,  since their  Monday Night debut  with the absorbance of the AFL-NFL merger back in 1970.  Carolina Panthers defeated Indianapolis 29-26, in the Colts last Monday Night Football game, played in heavy rains at the Bank Of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina, back on November 2, 2015.

New York Jets are also playing in their 46th all-time Monday Night Football game tonight, entering with their record of 19 wins and 24 losses at .413.  N.Y. Jets defeated out Colts on their last appearance on MNF by the score of 20-7, back on September 21, 2015.

Indianapolis tries to end their current three-game regular season losing streak to  the New York Jets, being outscored 72 points to 32 points in those games.  Colts are also trying to win their first road game over the New York Jets for the first time in 10 years, and also seek to win their first road game over the N.Y. Jets in their second attempt.

Colts though lead the New York Jets in the all-time series, including 68 regular season, and 4 postseason games, with their record of  41 wins and 38 losses entering tonight.  This  series began when the New York Jets upset the Baltimore Colts 16-7 in Super Bowl III, and was famous, or infamous, when Broadway Joe Namath 'guaranteed'  a victory prior, and wagged his finger as Namath  walked back to the locker room.

New York Jets upset  the Colts in both teams  recent  regular season meeting by the score of 20-7, and played at LOS (the building) during Monday Night Football back on September 12, 2015.

Sean McDonough and Jon Gruden are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Lisa Salters, for  ESPN's Monday Night Football, simulcast live over-the-air locally in Indianapolis on WRTV ABC Channel 6 'The Indy Channel, ' and Internationally on ESPN's Family Of Networks, live on HD.

Bob Lamey, our "Voice Of The Colts,'and  former Wisconsin Badger, Colts, and N.Y. Giants QB Jim Sorgii are also announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Matt Taylor, simulcast on Colts Flagship Station WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM and WLHK 'The Hank' Country 97.1FM, and  in the Tri-States onthe Colts Radio Network.

Clear skies at 42 degrees, feels like 41 degrees, is the local game forecast inside MetLife Stadium, for the 8:30PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 5% precipitation, 66% humidity, and very mild west/northwest winds at 6 miles per hour.

Colts are wearing the white helmets, jerseys, and pants with blue trim, while the host New York Jets are wearing their white helmets, and green jerseys and pants with white trim.

NFL players throughout this weekend were allowed to wear designed NIke cleats, to reflect their personal commitment, their charitable causes, as they wear thir cleats in game action.

NO injuries, win your sixth game of your 2016 NFL regular season, Stay Colts Strong, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!   :coltslogo:    :1colts:    :colts:   :coltshelmet:    :coltslogo:     :rock:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/mnfhq2016/2016-nfl-monday-night-football-headquarters-schedule-scores

Colts @ New York Jets Live NFL Gamecenters:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2016/regular13

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2016120500/2016/REG13/colts@jets#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

3 people like this

Thanks for Posting LOS. It's a big one, a real big one! I think we win 27-23 and I will stick to that prediction.

2 people like this

Thanks LOS !!!  We meed a win tonite to stay in competition in the division.  I think we can do it.

GOOOOO Colts !!!

1 person likes this

Luck is owned by the Jets, Luck is owned in prime time, it's on the road in cold NY and the defense is already missing guys as it is.

Colts by 2 scores.

1 person likes this

Would it have been dumb to rest Luck, assuming the team was up to play a football game unlike last week? Scott was the 1 guy who was ready and he played well. They would have won the game with Luck but didn't exactly lose it because there was no Luck. That would protect the team from any drama that would normally come with sitting the quarterback and Luck would be in 1 piece next week.

I wonder if other fan bases want to rest their franchise QB as much as our fans seem to want to?

4 hours ago, bababooey said:

Colts by 2 scores.

yeah 2 safeties, colts win by 4!

1 person likes this

Im stuck at work and no radio stations come in in here... Any suggestions about an app I can use to listen to the game with mobile data?... I'll name my first born son after whoever gets me there.  thanks

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Im stuck at work and no radio stations come in in here... Any suggestions about an app I can use to listen to the game with mobile data?... I'll name my first born son after whoever gets me there.  thanks

The ESPN Radio App should work 

29 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

yeah 2 safeties, colts win by 4!

If we win 2-0 I will get on here and say Andrew is the best ever (sarcasm)

I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I'm nervous about this game. I hate playing the AFC East.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, kornstar said:

I wonder if other fan bases want to rest their franchise QB as much as our fans seem to want to?

Well what we want is an OL that keeps our franchise QB from getting injured internal organs but resting him during a winnable late season game might happen faster. He'd still be suited up just in case. 

This Mike Adams segment is heart-breaking. I didn't know any of this. 

3 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

jest_zpsbc2xpkdf.jpg

Hmmmmm?  Yeah I think they may have got that wrong.

Pretty empty in there right now

IMG_3232.jpg

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Pretty empty in there right now

IMG_3232.jpg

Wait that's right now?

I predict Luck has his best game tonight...should have time to get all our receivers involved, 31-17 Colts!

3 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Wait that's right now?

somebody at the game just sent this to me

maybe it's a bit delayed

1 person likes this

If Bowles is fired after this season, as some Jets fans want, do people like him as a DC candidate for Indy?  The Jets had a good defense last year, but they haven't performed that well this year despite a lot of talent.  Was his success in Arizona due to the talent instead of his coaching?

They showed my little ponies on the big screen when the colts came out of the tunnerl

5 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I need a beer.

It's after 5:00pm go ahead!

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

somebody at the game just sent this to me

maybe it's a bit delayed

They just showed it, it looked a little dead but who knows, games can fill up super quick.

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

They showed my little ponies on the big screen when the colts came out of the tunnerl

lmao The Milwaukee Bucks do some fan trolling on their big screen too.  I think it's all in good fun.

Cxq0y3vWIAAx0xS.jpg

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Im hearing the stands are still pretty empty

Yeah lol.  Not a shocker, that's good maybe the crowd will be minimal. 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Im hearing the stands are still pretty empty

That's crazy considering ticket prices starting at Under $10 dollars!

1 person likes this

Great job by the coverage team to start.  And out comes the turnover machine known as Ryan Fitzpatrick