Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players ruled out for the Jaguars game

snkdy

13 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just saw that Dorsett is questionable with an ankle as well. Must have injured it in practice today. Hopefully he can still play.

I hate the fact that they removed the probable status from the injury report this year, it makes me assume the worst every time. If it was really bad, I'm assuming we'd have heard something at this point.

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just saw that Dorsett is questionable with an ankle as well. Must have injured it in practice today. Hopefully he can still play.

No Dorsett, no Colts win.... this is why I have been screaming for a veteran WR on our roster since TC....argh! I predicted at least 1 of our big 3s would be out long term and we'd be a minor injury away from.....well...THIS.... I wish I could find that post....

5 hours ago, JPFolks said:

No Dorsett, no Colts win.... this is why I have been screaming for a veteran WR on our roster since TC....argh! I predicted at least 1 of our big 3s would be out long term and we'd be a minor injury away from.....well...THIS.... I wish I could find that post....

I see your point, I was thinking  the same thing in preseason.

however Rogers has made some plays and can fill in for Dorsett for one game against Jax I think.  Get Doyle involved (he's on hot streak, haha) Heck, smith and McCray looked good too. We also have the guy we brought in late (name escapes me), and Bray.  It would have been nice to have the experience, but at the time there wasn't an available WR that really fit I think.

moncrief should be back soon and I'd like to see what Rogers can do.  I do agree Dorsett will be missed if he can't go.  I really like what I see in Dorsett.

i think any team that has #2 and #3 WR on the bench would equally be effected.  I don't see our WR depth any worse than other teams.  Better actually.  Maybe unproven, but that's common I think.  

Which receivers travelled to London?  Anybody know?

10 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

No big deal at all if he doesn't play.  I'm sure there are numerous people who could step in for Dorsett and take his whopping 4 targets and match his stellar statline of 3 catches for 27 yards from last game

8 hours ago, JPFolks said:

Exactly right.  Inexcusable that Grigson went into this season with such poor depth at WR.

10 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

No big deal at all if he doesn't play.  I'm sure there are numerous people who could step in for Dorsett and take his whopping 4 targets and match his stellar statline of 3 catches for 27 yards from last game

Dorsett will definitely be better than that. It was only one game. He had 90+ yards as the third target in the first game.

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I see your point, I was thinking  the same thing in preseason.

however Rogers has made some plays and can fill in for Dorsett for one game against Jax I think.  Get Doyle involved (he's on hot streak, haha) Heck, smith and McCray looked good too. We also have the guy we brought in late (name escapes me), and Bray.  It would have been nice to have the experience, but at the time there wasn't an available WR that really fit I think.

moncrief should be back soon and I'd like to see what Rogers can do.  I do agree Dorsett will be missed if he can't go.  I really like what I see in Dorsett.

i think any team that has #2 and #3 WR on the bench would equally be effected.  I don't see our WR depth any worse than other teams.  Better actually.  Maybe unproven, but that's common I think.  

Which receivers travelled to London?  Anybody know?

I was assuming some help from Rogers even with Dorsett healthy... now he has to go from mostly bench warmer to starter after a difficult travel schedule for anyone let alone a rookie in his first start.  I can't even name who will truly be the next man up... sure there's names on a list, but what can any of them do with little to no timing or chemistry with the starters?

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

I was assuming some help from Rogers even with Dorsett healthy... now he has to go from mostly bench warmer to starter after a difficult travel schedule for anyone let alone a rookie in his first start.  I can't even name who will truly be the next man up... sure there's names on a list, but what can any of them do with little to no timing or chemistry with the starters?

I'm with you man.

i think (hope) we can get by Jax if we need to.

what do we know of Street? He's been here a few weeks now.

anyone available you like?