Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for information purposes only but this is what G Hill has always been capable of if used properly and not put in a situation where he has to distribute the ball:

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3438/george-hill

But we saw it plenty in 2014 when PG went down

Teague at the Point at Hill at the point would have been one hell of a backcourt with Hills length and ability to affect shots

Joe Young is a player in a similar mold....Undersized shooting guard whos not going to be a good floor general and create shots for others but can shoot the hell out of the ball. That's how he needs to be used. I suspect however that we have given up on him

33 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Just for information purposes only but this is what G Hill has always been capable of if used properly and not put in a situation where he has to distribute the ball:

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3438/george-hill

But we saw it plenty in 2014 when PG went down

Teague at the Point at Hill at the point would have been one hell of a backcourt with Hills length and ability to affect shots

Joe Young is a player in a similar mold....Undersized shooting guard whos not going to be a good floor general and create shots for others but can shoot the hell out of the ball. That's how he needs to be used. I suspect however that we have given up on him

I hope we have not given up on Joe Young. I watched nearly every game he played at Oregon. The kid is clutch. If the Ducks were close at the end you knew Mighty Joe would bring it home.  The only college player I remember draining big shot after big shot like Joe was Jay Edwards. 

Young has the handles and hops to go off the dribble and will drop the dagger from deep. We've seen the dunks in summer league. He needs minutes

You are right he isn't a 1. The kid is a scorer plan and simple and asking him to distribute the ball because he's not an inch or 2 taller. That's a waste of talent.

His game is very similar to Hill's. I think he a better athlete. I am affeaid we won't see it here the way the teams currently constructed.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

What did we do to the basketball schedule makers to have to play the Warriors both times on back to backs? Aren't they good enough already?? Freaking ridiculous. 

Warriors up 80-50 at Half. Warriors are going to win the Championship if they stay healthy and that is a sure bet since they added Durant. They will get HCA again and wont blow it 2 years in a row.

-Pacers could just never get set defensively and nobody had a good shooting night for the Pacers though PG scored from the FT line.

-We aren't where we need to be defensively but we are much better offensively than what we showed tonight. Rebounding killed us again tonight.

-We did not turn the ball over a whole lot-14

We are much more competitive against the Warriors than what we showed tonight but make no mistake they are just on a different level right now

Warriors hustle and activity particularly rebounding just really threw us off our game offensively and we did not come with the intensity needed on defense

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

I don't know what it is, but it seems like every time he plays the Colts, he has a 15+ point quarter or better.

Yikes, I don't wanna see him play the Colts haha

Just messing with you 21. He definitely kills us every time. I know hes really good and all, but dang. It seems like Curry doesn't do that much against us, but Klay is unstoppable. 

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yikes, I don't wanna see him play the Colts haha

Just messing with you 21. He definitely kills us every time. I know hes really good and all, but dang. It seems like Curry doesn't do that much against us, but Klay is unstoppable. 

haha Stupid me.  The Pacers, not the Colts.

I thought we'd have an advantage over the Warriors in that they don't have any bigs.  I think Myles Turner can post up and defend the post better than Draymond and Durant because of his size and athleticism.  I figured most teams would try to slow down the pace and work the ball down into the post against the Warriors, then hammer them on the rebounds.  Either way, I think this team is still a star away from being able to beat the Warriors or being championship contenders.  Someone like John Wall, who seems to be getting really frustrated in Washington, could be a huge asset.  Or possibly Rudy Gay?  Jeff Teague + Rodney Stuckey + something (first round pick? cash?) for John Wall?

Glad to get the win tonight.

Not a very good game though overall.

-To many turnovers

-To many open shots allowed that Phoenix was just missing tonight

-18 turnovers. To many

It took 3 quarters for the team to really show up

5 minutes ago, MTC said:

This team is not a good rebounding team whatsoever. Turner only had 4 against the Suns. 

Overall your right. However the Pacers had 49 total rebounds last night and 12 offensive rebounds. The 12 offensive rebounds would have been good for 3rd on average in the nba this year if we averaged that. The 37 defensive rebounds we had last night would have been good for first if we averaged that.

We wont have many more nights rebounding like that. Nate needs to get Seraphin more minutes because he can definitely rebound

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pacers are a weird team. Play terrible one game, play good the next. Not sure I have a feel for this yeam yet.

82 games is a long season, your going to get games where they look like they can beat anyone and other games where they look like they got plucked out of the D League and thrown together the night before a big game.

Right now they are not playing up to there potential talent wise. There lack of overall basketball IQ and defensive awareness is holding them back. A good example of this is the Warrior game where we did not appear to know defensively that Klay Thompson love to spot up and shoot the 3. He was left alone multiple times (he was made to hit a couple tough 3's though) or the man responsible for him got there late instead of sticking to him like glue. That's just not recognizing what your man does well as a defender

3 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pacers are a weird team. Play terrible one game, play good the next. Not sure I have a feel for this yeam yet.

It goes back to the new players we have..

....Teague and PG never played together before this season...

You can see teammates looking for Big Al Jefferson now..

Thad Young has never played with any of our holdover guys like Stuckey or Ellis.

We're .500 and with PG missing a few games, I'm Okay with it.

The defense is going gto take longer to come around than the offense...

But we're better than last year..and it will start to show soon.

We don't want to ..but we have to give it time

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is embarrassing, losing to the Mavs! We are not a good team at all right now.

The Pacers are consistently inconsistent. We can't seem to play two bad games in a row, or two good games in a row.  Not sure what the deal is but its almost bizarre. We are nearly 30 games in and I have no idea what to think of this team. 

On 11/22/2016 at 2:14 AM, Gavin said:

Did you read that trade possibility somewhere or come up with it?

Personally I'd like to see Robinson III get more consistent minutes behind Monta, Robinson did not shoot the ball well overall vs Warriors but he went 2-5 from 3 for 40%, He isn't afraid to shoot it and attack in the open court. Monta anticipates passing lanes a bit better so he forces more turnovers and is more disruptive defensively but he turns the ball over a lot. We need that size to

Or we could find a way to get Lance back.

I think Monta will not be long for the Pacers.  He is not playing basketball at all.  Sit him, play GR3 at the start....Brooks and Stuckey....Monta not doing anything last night was a joke.

Yes this is me saying this....:)  

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Pacers are consistently inconsistent. We can't seem to play two bad games in a row, or two good games in a row.  Not sure what the deal is but its almost bizarre. We are nearly 30 games in and I have no idea what to think of this team. 

I am going to call out the head coach on this one.....Miles should have played more minutes when he is shooting like he was.

If Thad would give the same effort rebounding as he does offensively he would be a great player. As it is he is a hood player but doesn't give consistent effort on the boards. He doesn't want to do to the dirty work. That's really the story of this team. They don't want to do the dirty work. They want to be all offense. You have to at least play serviceable defense