Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

35 minutes ago, Gavin said:

The thing is if you can make someone else on the Thunder try to beat you they cant do it. Right now the best player on that team is Westbrook and after that its just roleplayers. They don't have a 2nd guy that they can rely on which most great teams do

Exactly.  That's what I was explaining in my previous posts.  They need another star to play with Westbrook.  I think Rudy Gay would help them a lot.  Cousins or Griffin would be huge too. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I see the same fight and scrappiness I saw last night vs the Thunder regardless if we get blown out or not tonight vs the Warriors Ill be happy

No PG, No Turner and no Miles is a lot to lose and still ask this team to be competitive on the scoreboard. I just want to see diving for loose balls, Good ball movement and intensity and scrappiness on defense. I think it has to start with GRIII. We need to win the loose ball fight and rebounds fight. Keep turnovers down

With our main players out, this game is a joke. Down 17 already 53-36. This is why I don't go to games anymore because guys take games off. PG could've easily played and I had no idea Turner was even going to be out. Imagine having a ticket to the Colts game on Thursday and Luck cant go? Luck was fine in the post game presser and joking with reporters too. You also have guys like LeBron that just sit out for the hell of it and the Spurs resting players constantly which is annoying.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

With our main players out this game is a joke. Down 17 already 53-36. This is why I don't go to game anymore because guys take games off. PG could've easily played and I had no idea Turner was even going to be out. Imagine having a ticket to the Colts game on Thursday and Luck cant go? Luck was fine in the post game presser and joking with reporters too. You also have guys like LeBron that just sit out for the hell of it and the Spurs resting players constantly which is annoying.

Its smart in the long run even if its frustrating in the short term. People complaining about Lebron resting a game once in a while weren't complaining when he brought them a championship later in the year and they wont complain if they win it again this year.

Long season still to go. Sitting out a couple games out of 82 is smart IF a team can afford it. Cleveland can. I get your upset but you got to think clearly on this. Just because a player feels fine immediately after a game doesn't mean he will when he wakes up the next morning. Spurs have old players, They need to be fresh to compete late in the season and playoffs

18 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Its smart in the long run even if its frustrating in the short term. People complaining about Lebron resting a game once in a while weren't complaining when he brought them a championship later in the year and they wont complain if they win it again this year.

Long season still to go. Sitting out a couple games out of 82 is smart IF a team can afford it. Cleveland can. I get your upset but you got to think clearly on this. Just because a player feels fine immediately after a game doesn't mean he will when he wakes up the next morning. Spurs have old players, They need to be fresh to compete late in the season and playoffs

I know, I get the reasoning behind it. Warriors up 84-55

Not really much to talk about with this game. This wasn't really going to be a competitive situation from the start if the Warriors played like they were capable.

Seraphin-14 rebounds 8 points in 22 minutes

Stuckey-21 points 24 minutes

I'd try to get Christmas some more minutes and see what he does with them, I think he can rebound well and he is athletic

Thoughts on this possible trade:

Washington sends John Wall to Indiana for Jeff Teague and Monta Ellis

Why Washington would do it:

Despite how young Wall is, he and Beal aren't getting along and the Wizards are among the worst teams in the league.  They need better leadership and something needs to change.  Acquiring Ellis and Teague gives them an immediate starter with Teague and a solid 6th man in Ellis since Beal is likely to remain the starter.  Not only that, but Ellis gives you similar play to Teague, but wouldn't be on the court at the same time as him because of Beal.  Not only that, but Ellis is a solid leader who wouldn't mind coming off of the bench.

Why Indiana would do it:

Despite having recently acquired and extended Teague, this would be an opportunity for the Pacers to add an elite player to their roster.  There have been issues with Teague and Ellis having similar (and not complementary) playing styles.  Acquiring Wall gives them a guy who is solid on both sides of the ball and wouldn't mind being the offense's second fiddle to PG.  I could absolutely see Wall being content to be a guy who sets up his teammates more and score when the opportunity presents itself instead of trying to force things to get points.  This would give Indy an incredibly athletic big three of Wall, Paul George, and Myles Turner.  The starting rotation would be Wall, Miles, George, Young, and Turner, with Stuckey as your 6th man. 

I'd love for this trade to be Ellis and Stuckey instead of Teague and Ellis, but that isn't very realistic.

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Despite how young Wall is, he and Beal aren't getting along and the Wizards are among the worst teams in the league.  They need better leadership and something needs to change.  Acquiring Ellis and Teague gives them an immediate starter with Teague and a solid 6th man in Ellis since Beal is likely to remain the starter.  Not only that, but Ellis gives you similar play to Teague, but wouldn't be on the court at the same time as him because of Beal.  Not only that, but Ellis is a solid leader who wouldn't mind coming off of the bench.

Why Indiana would do it:

Despite having recently acquired and extended Teague, this would be an opportunity for the Pacers to add an elite player to their roster.  There have been issues with Teague and Ellis having similar (and not complementary) playing styles.  Acquiring Wall gives them a guy who is solid on both sides of the ball and wouldn't mind being the offense's second fiddle to PG.  I could absolutely see Wall being content to be a guy who sets up his teammates more and score when the opportunity presents itself instead of trying to force things to get points.  This would give Indy an incredibly athletic big three of Wall, Paul George, and Myles Turner.  The starting rotation would be Wall, Miles, George, Young, and Turner, with Stuckey as your 6th man. 

I'd love for this trade to be Ellis and Stuckey instead of Teague and Ellis, but that isn't very realistic.

Did you read that trade possibility somewhere or come up with it?

Personally I'd like to see Robinson III get more consistent minutes behind Monta, Robinson did not shoot the ball well overall vs Warriors but he went 2-5 from 3 for 40%, He isn't afraid to shoot it and attack in the open court. Monta anticipates passing lanes a bit better so he forces more turnovers and is more disruptive defensively but he turns the ball over a lot. We need that size to

Or we could find a way to get Lance back.

13 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Why Indiana would do it:

I like the idea but I doubt we would do it because we just traded for Teague.

11 hours ago, Gavin said:

Did you read that trade possibility somewhere or come up with it?

Personally I'd like to see Robinson III get more consistent minutes behind Monta, Robinson did not shoot the ball well overall vs Warriors but he went 2-5 from 3 for 40%, He isn't afraid to shoot it and attack in the open court. Monta anticipates passing lanes a bit better so he forces more turnovers and is more disruptive defensively but he turns the ball over a lot. We need that size to

Or we could find a way to get Lance back.

http://www.sportsrageous.com/rumors/pacers-trade-rumors-monta-ellis-jeff-teague-wizards-john-wall-considered/53933/
Nothing solid.  Just speculative stuff.

17 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Why Indiana would do it:

I'd love the trade. But I don't see it happening.

Complete NBA Standings through 15 games or so.  Lots of surprises so far.  I am surprised the Knicks and Pacers are under .500.  I am surprised ATL is 2nd in the east and I am surprised the Clippers are 1st west and Lakers, yes the Lakers are 8th.  Lakers might just make it this year.  I know a lot of people are probably surprised my Bulls are sitting in 3rd.  I know it's early but there have been some early surprises so far.  Oh and Russell Westbrook is the MVP, he's dominating. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/standings

Pacers vs Hawks getting ready to tip here in about five minutes. Turner and PG back and playing. Not sure how well they will play after coming off missing a couple games do to injury, We need another scrappy performance tonight with guys not afraid to chase down and dive for loose balls. I expect us to have trouble rebounding the ball tonight with Dwight Howard playing

This team needs someone like a Lance Stephenson, Someone that plays with enthusiasm. Someone willing to dive for loose balls, Someone that can give this team a spark and fire them up. They play with no fire and heart a lot of times, Nobody wants to do the dirty work

-Love this aggressiveness I am seeing out Robinson tonight. He isn't afraid to shoot it tonight

-Turner is really active tonight with his shot and blocking shots. 3 blocks and 10 for him at the half

-Thad has 4 rebounds at the half. We need his rebounds more than points. We have shooters

-I'd like to see the Pacers come out and push the ball offensively this 3rd quarter and get some easy shots in transition and draws some fouls and get into the bonus. Stretch this lead and give them no hope to open the 3rd quarter

With all that said I expect we let the Nets back in the game and this to go down to the wire. They just don't have that killer instinct or know how to finish games

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:33 PM, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Who would they give up?  Don't him and George play the same position? SF?

I'm thinking we could use PG at '2' guard..He plays out front late in games anyway...

Miles and Stuckey are favorites of mine but they are hurt a lot

...we could also play PG at the '4' sometimes with Myles up front and Gay at the '3'

We'd probably five up Monta..but he's out of position at the '2' anyway 

I;d like to see us play Teague with three 6-7, 6-8, 6-9 forwards...and Myles...

..That's a killer lineup especially defensively

We forced Chris Paul into 4 first half turnovers which is unlike Paul. We have to keep pressuring him, He is the head of the snake, If he is playing well then the whole team plays well because of his ability to get guys good shots. Keep pressuring him. Get out and run and drive to the basket and get to the line

That's 3 games in a row now we have held teams to under 100 points. That was a real good win tonight. I do not believe any messages were sent tonight just by beating a very good Clippers team at home. You want to send a message? You send it on the road

Pacers have 5 BIG chances comin up to turn a lot of heads in the NBA

@Portland

@Clippers

@Golden State

@Phoenix

@Dallas

On 11/26/2016 at 0:23 PM, oldunclemark said:

I'm thinking we could use PG at '2' guard..He plays out front late in games anyway...

Miles and Stuckey are favorites of mine but they are hurt a lot

...we could also play PG at the '4' sometimes with Myles up front and Gay at the '3'

We'd probably five up Monta..but he's out of position at the '2' anyway 

I;d like to see us play Teague with three 6-7, 6-8, 6-9 forwards...and Myles...

..That's a killer lineup especially defensively

That would be a nice line up but I am not sure if the Kings would make that deal.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/219044/20161128/nba-trade-rumors-anthony-davis-joining-indiana-pacers.htm

Certainly won't happen, but they're proposing Myles Turner, Thad Young, and Rodney Stuckey in exchange for Anthony Davis.

Benefits for Indy: Add another MVP level player to complement Paul George.  Starting rotation would be Teague, Ellis/Robinson, George, Anthony Davis, Al Jefferson

I can't see it happening simply because I don't think Larry will entertain many (or any) offers for Myles Turner

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

http://www.hngn.com/articles/219044/20161128/nba-trade-rumors-anthony-davis-joining-indiana-pacers.htm

Certainly won't happen, but they're proposing Myles Turner, Thad Young, and Rodney Stuckey in exchange for Anthony Davis.

Benefits for Indy: Add another MVP level player to complement Paul George.  Starting rotation would be Teague, Ellis/Robinson, George, Anthony Davis, Al Jefferson

I can't see it happening simply because I don't think Larry will entertain many (or any) offers for Myles Turner

I would do it and I think Turner is Good but Davis is a Top 5 player in the league. Only thing that concerns me about Davis is he has trouble staying healthy. With Davis and PG and Teague we would be real dangerous if all 3 stay healthy.

13 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Benefits for Indy: Add another MVP level player to complement Paul George.  Starting rotation would be Teague, Ellis/Robinson, George, Anthony  Davis, Al Jefferson

I would not do it anyway. Dais would bring us no loser to our goal despite tat e is a great player. We need a sooing guard. For some reason a ouple letters on my keyboard wont work.. Turner will be as good as Dais sooner tan later

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would do it and I think Turner is Good but Davis is a Top 5 player in the league. Only thing that concerns me about Davis is he has trouble staying healthy. With Davis and PG and Teague we would be real dangerous if all 3 stay healthy.

The only concern I'd have is I would want a point guard who is more pass-first.  When you have PG and Davis, both of whom can score at will, I want a point guard who will put the ball in their hands and put them in good situations to score.

1 minute ago, Gavin said:

I would not do it anyway. Dais would bring us no loser to our goal despite tat e is a great player. We need a sooing guard. For some reason a ouple letters on my keyboard wont work.

That's true, but when you get the chance to add an MVP level player to your roster, you gotta consider it.  He doesn't give us the guard we need, but the talent he has is undeniable.  Maybe we get the Pelicans to throw in Stephenson or someone so we get some guard depth in return

Ok back. Fixed itself it looks like. Anyway Lance is currently a FA. He got injured so they released him and had to replace him. Turner will be someday good enough be considered a MVP candidate even if he is never in the running. He is also 3 years younger than Davis. I just think we should have patience and let this team grow through the draft.

Get the SG we need and another rebounder and probably another back up PG over the next couple years. I don't think Young will be that guy, He just does not have the PG skills needed. He cant create shots for others. He is more G Hill than M Jackson. At best I see him a bench player in the form of what Hill was for San Antonio