Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

19 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Paul should play hard every night Mark.  Not seeing the effort and still seeing the lazy turnovers.  Ellis sucked the last game too on turnovers.

I hope Teague got his mental game back.

I wish Stuckey would not let a strain last 3 weeks to heal as well.

We've both watched him....and he has that 'cool' thing..I agree..

but dont go by his face or his pace..

He IS playing hard..and he produces......

..Paul George NEVER seems to be playing hard but he is....

...that's huis leadership.....and nobody leads this team..we're an older team in a lot of places..

................I think Teague is adjusting to a new team..as is Young..as is Jefferson..

It will take months........

.and I'd NEVER criticize a player who is hurt because you don't know how badly he's injured...

...I dont care if Stuckey plays at all in November..do you?

...we just want him in the spring..right?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, Jay Kirk said:

Agree its going to take effort , time for someone to be a leader instead of whiner.

This is a veteran team....guys have to motivate themselves....and not look for a leader..

I think they will.....we have vets...they will know what time it is

57 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We've both watched him....and he has that 'cool' thing..I agree..

but dont go by his face or his pace..

He IS playing hard..and he produces......

..Paul George NEVER seems to be playing hard but he is....

...that's huis leadership.....and nobody leads this team..we're an older team in a lot of places..

................I think Teague is adjusting to a new team..as is Young..as is Jefferson..

It will take months........

.and I'd NEVER criticize a player who is hurt because you don't know how badly he's injured...

...I dont care if Stuckey plays at all in November..do you?

...we just want him in the spring..right?

I agree with a lot of what you say here.  I am fine with Stuckey out to heal, but these ugly road losses will add up and possibly change seedings in the spring.  I know 82 games is probably too long of a season, and it does come down to one or two at the end....I never panic.  I am just stating what I am seeing....on TV and in person.  

8 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Ok so I'm having a hard time understanding why in the hell Is Thad Young still on the bench??? Is he on a time restriction?? And having Ellis come off the bench with Miles in the starting line up is what I been calling for. And so far it's working. 

He was hot early on, we were using him a lot in the 1st Qtr. Looks like PG is back in which is good news. Pacers still up 48-41, have to maintain it.

I don't care what anybody says about this team still learning to play together. The fact that it was us to give the 76ers their first win in November in the last 3 years is embarrassing and ridiculous.

Sick of the same problems over and over. What do we do at halftime to make us come out so horrible in the second half? This is really starting to bug me.

Paul George still takes more jumpshots than driving to the basket and I think he is scared to take contact. Gavin was right, Thad Young cannot rebound. He is so weak on the glass it is pitiful. 

Myles Turner cannot escape criticism either. I know he is young but he has to learn to play defense without fouling. He was gloating about the fact he could do it in the offseason but it hasn't showed. You can't help the team if you are not in the game.

I don't understand the coaching concept. Why would you let Embiid go one on one with Lavoy Allen in a crucial situation?! This team has been doing it all the time. You let anybody but Embiid try to win the game at that moment.

This team isn't ready.

Sixers had 22 points off only 13 Pacer turnovers. 2nd chance points and offensive rebounds are a real problem for us. Turner had a bad night but I expect him to bounce back tomorrow night. Sucks that we allowed the 76ers to get their first win off us but we have bigger problems then that right now, The 76ers loss just sums up our struggles right now

27 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Sixers had 22 points off only 13 Pacer turnovers. 2nd chance points and offensive rebounds are a real problem for us. Turner had a bad night but I expect him to bounce back tomorrow night. Sucks that we allowed the 76ers to get their first win off us but we have bigger problems then that right now, The 76ers loss just sums up our struggles right now

Turner got in early Foul trouble. We are playing like a Bad team right now that is trying to find chemistry. Hopefully once we have around 30 games in the team starts playing much better.

20 hours ago, Gavin said:

Paul has to learn to channel his anger and frustration better and let that it out like Reggie did. Put it to them in the scoring column. Take over the game. Control it but learn to play angry

I may have said that 77 times in the last 2 years.....no leader.  Not even close.

7 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Sick....watching home tonight.  Black Friday gonna party at Bankers Life!!

I'm going out to eat before the game. Not sure if I will be back by the start of the game but I'm recording. I'll talk about it tonight. We need some size though at SG. Guys have to do a better job of recognizing their man and match up. They also have to do a better job on the pick and roll. When Lance is healthy I'd bring him because we have nothing behind Monta outside Robinson and Stephenson is the obvious upgrade their, He's a 2 way player. I don't expect it to happen though. I expect us to keep trucking along

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I'm going out to eat before the game. Not sure if I will be back by the start of the game but I'm recording. I'll talk about it tonight. We need some size though at SG. Guys have to do a better job of recognizing their man and match up. They also have to do a better job on the pick and roll. When Lance is healthy I'd bring him because we have nothing behind Monta outside Robinson and Stephenson is the obvious upgrade their, He's a 2 way player. I don't expect it to happen though. I expect us to keep trucking along

I would take a chance on Lance for cheap. What do we have to lose, he would add bench depth and some spark to the team. I doubt Bird brings him back though. Not sure what to think about tonight's game. This season has been disappointing so far but it's early.