Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think its lack of effort..we don't play well  together because we haven't don't it very long..

..we look uncertain at key times because we're strangers

It is a lack of effort when the other team keeps getting nearly every loose ball, which happened over and over tonight. This team plays careless too much. They play like they don't even want to win out there. No aggression, just playing soft for almost entire games.

15 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

We are just a sloppy mess of a team right now. 

Yep. I didn't expect this at all. I figured we would struggle in games early on this season because we have several new faces but I figured we would still find ways to win most of the games just based on having Paul George. The loss in Philly last night was embarrassing.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep. I didn't expect this at all. I figured we would struggle in games early on this season because we have several new faces but I figured we would still find ways to win most of the games just based on having Paul George. The loss in Philly last night was embarrassing.

Yup. The 76ers loss was one of the worst Pacers losses in years. 

10 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

It is a lack of effort when the other team keeps getting nearly every loose ball, which happened over and over tonight. This team plays careless too much. They play like they don't even want to win out there. No aggression, just playing soft for almost entire games.

I counted 5 as to the times we did not even MOVE to get a loose ball.  Shameful.  Guys other than Ellis averaging 23 minutes a game.  On a back to back that is basically 1 game.....

On 11/11/2016 at 10:07 PM, Bluefire4 said:

I don't care what anybody says about this team still learning to play together. The fact that it was us to give the 76ers their first win in November in the last 3 years is embarrassing and ridiculous.

Sick of the same problems over and over. What do we do at halftime to make us come out so horrible in the second half? This is really starting to bug me.

Paul George still takes more jumpshots than driving to the basket and I think he is scared to take contact. Gavin was right, Thad Young cannot rebound. He is so weak on the glass it is pitiful. 

Myles Turner cannot escape criticism either. I know he is young but he has to learn to play defense without fouling. He was gloating about the fact he could do it in the offseason but it hasn't showed. You can't help the team if you are not in the game.

I don't understand the coaching concept. Why would you let Embiid go one on one with Lavoy Allen in a crucial situation?! This team has been doing it all the time. You let anybody but Embiid try to win the game at that moment.

This team isn't ready.

To be fair to Allen, and I'm not even an Allen fan, but he did do a better job defending and getting his body into Embid then Turner did. But that's not saying much cause Embid still went off. 

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Seraphin deserves more minutes after this game. Not going to make a big deal out of this if we win. I'll wait until we beat a better team that isn't coming off of a back to back.

Well we got the Cavs wednesday. That'll be a good test. I don't expect us to win but hopefully we at least are competitive.

Still worried about the lack of rebounding we are getting from Myles and Young. They are not physical enough. It is bad when Jeff Teague and Seraphin off the bench have more rebounds than those two.

I know PG is hurt but I am sick of the jumpshots. I wish he would play more like James Harden and take the 3 when its there but focus on getting to the rim.

Did Al get hurt or something and I missed it? Why did he only get 5 minutes?

47 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Still worried about the lack of rebounding we are getting from Myles and Young. They are not physical enough. It is bad when Jeff Teague and Seraphin off the bench have more rebounds than those two.

I know PG is hurt but I am sick of the jumpshots. I wish he would play more like James Harden and take the 3 when its there but focus on getting to the rim.

Yeah, PG plays too soft sometimes. I feel like he tries to play like hes Klay Thompson or something. 

52 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Mcmillan wanted more athleticism and quickness tonight from what he said at the post game press conference if I remember correctly. Al I don't think is at the point in his career where he should play every night. Doesn't have the stamina for it anymore I don't think. He also just doesn't look like he is in shape to me to play every night. Seraphin is capable of being a great rebounder. He has the strong hands and effort and big body to bang for the boards that Turner just doesn't have right now. Turner also only had 24 minutes tonight despite only 3 fouls. Maybe I missed something but I'm not sure what that was about

Overall though just give it time.....Our day is coming.....Soon. Still a draft or 2 at the most away if everyone stays overall healthy

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Mcmillan wanted more athleticism and quickness tonight from what he said at the post game press conference if I remember correctly. Al I don't think is at the point in his career where he should play every night. Doesn't have the stamina for it anymore I don't think. He also just doesn't look like he is in shape to me to play every night. Seraphin is capable of being a great rebounder. He has the strong hands and effort and big body to bang for the boards that Turner just doesn't have right now. Turner also only had 24 minutes tonight despite only 3 fouls. Maybe I missed something but I'm not sure what that was about

Overall though just give it time.....Our day is coming.....Soon. Still a draft or 2 at the most away if everyone stays overall healthy

And if PG signs an extension which I think depends on this team's performance this season and next.

13 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Seraphin badly needs to get more minutes. The guy hustles more than almost everybody on the team.

I said that when we got him.  He said after the game he is "The energy guy."  I had said he can bang with the best of him.  Jay said 'enforcer.'  He can be that guy.  He also knocked down open shots.  Nice job last night..  I hope he earned some minutes.

11 hours ago, Gavin said:

Al is healthy and in the best shape he has been in for a couple of injury plagues seasons.

He has sweat like Moses Malone since the first day he played in the NBA. :)  I liked the Seraphin deal when it happened.  Lets bang some bodies in there.  

17 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Al is healthy and in the best shape he has been in for a couple of injury plagues seasons.

He has sweat like Moses Malone since the first day he played in the NBA. :)  I liked the Seraphin deal when it happened.  Lets bang some bodies in there.  

Nobody sweated like Moses LOL, well maybe Pat Ewing.

58 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I said that when we got him.  He said after the game he is "The energy guy."  I had said he can bang with the best of him.  Jay said 'enforcer.'  He can be that guy.  He also knocked down open shots.  Nice job last night..  I hope he earned some minutes.

I don't see any reason why Lavoy should get any minutes over Kevin. No offense to Lavoy, but hes not good enough to do what Kevin did last night. 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't see any reason why Lavoy should get any minutes over Kevin. No offense to Lavoy, but hes not good enough to do what Kevin did last night. 

I think they should use both of them and use 12 fouls......If Seraphin is making a difference like last night...by all means 'leave him in.'  :thmup:

35 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Think the Pacers can pull off a stunner and beat the Cavs? We do tend to play them pretty tough, but they look almost unstoppable this year. Defense will need to show up again.

I don't think it would really be that stunning in the regular season to be honest given that they don't have much on the way we play except a few games. Come playoff time.....Completely different story