Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

16 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Watching us play is so infuriating. We are too talented to be playing like such crap. 

I totally agree.  These road games have been pitiful to say the least.

Larry and Dan Burke have a lot to get straight on this defense!!  

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

I know a lot of the guys on here do not care for Monte Ellis.  Has he been told not to shoot?  We win when he scores and creates.  Teague is struggling big time.

He's taken a back seat because we have so many shooters. Offense isn't the problem. We cant guard the pick and roll or pick and pop game or rebound. I think what needs to happen is Young needs to come off the bench and move Turner over to PF and Jefferson needs to start because he is our best rebounder. Thad is not really a rebounder, He averages less that 6 a game for his career. Bring Thad in when we need an offensive boost

He isn't a defensive player period and offers no rim protection. He would add a much needed scoring punch off the bench and in theory Jefferson would clog the lane on defense and get rebounds. We would still have Turner as a rim protector to. Holding other teams to 1 shot and done is key. Right now we can score with anybody no matter if your name is Golden State or not

Turnovers is also a problem right now but I expect that to go down a little bit as players get to know each others tendencies on the court. We rank 17th in turnovers given away. 6th most turnovers forced however. Rebounds and getting back on defense is the real problem. With our running we would just have Al would stay back on the defensive side of the court to guard against any chance of fast breaks to the basket. He would go down the court on offense as needed or when we wanted to draw up a play for him

32 minutes ago, Gavin said:

He's taken a back seat because we have so many shooters. Offense isn't the problem. We cant guard the pick and roll or pick and pop game or rebound. I think what needs to happen is Young needs to come off the bench and move Turner over to PF and Jefferson needs to start because he is our best rebounder. Thad is not really a rebounder, He averages less that 6 a game for his career. Bring Thad in when we need an offensive boost

He isn't a defensive player period and offers no rim protection. He would add a much needed scoring punch off the bench and in theory Jefferson would clog the lane on defense and get rebounds. We would still have Turner as a rim protector to. Holding other teams to 1 shot and done is key. Right now we can score with anybody no matter if your name is Golden State or not

Turnovers is also a problem right now but I expect that to go down a little bit as players get to know each others tendencies on the court. We rank 17th in turnovers given away. 6th most turnovers forced however. Rebounds and getting back on defense is the real problem. With our running we would just have Al would stay back on the defensive side of the court to guard against any chance of fast breaks to the basket. He would go down the court on offense as needed or when we wanted to draw up a play for him

I could live with that buddy.  I could see Big Al as last man down for a sweet 15 footer too.  

4 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

I think it's about time that PG-13 averages atleast 30ppg by now if we wanna consider him a superstar, IMO. And this small backcourt is not gonna work for me. Personally, I feel it was kinda *ic of Bird to ignore that.

So apparently you can't say I-D-I-O-T-I-C  on here for some crazy reason.

Can't stand this team right now. CANNOT STAND THEM. 60 points in one half to the Sixers! Losing to a winless team at home at halftime... Still can't defend the pick and roll, still not defending closer to the players to take away the 3, still no communication, still no rebounding. The only way we are going to win games right now is if another team shot is off because we will give them wide open opportunities and plenty of second chance points. Ridiculous.

If we lose this game I won't be watching this team for a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Can't stand this team right now. CANNOT STAND THEM. 60 points in one half to the Sixers! Losing to a winless team at home at halftime... Still can't defend the pick and roll, still not defending closer to the players to take away the 3, still no communication, still no rebounding. The only way we are going to win games right now is if another team shot is off because we will give them wide open opportunities and plenty of second chance points. Ridiculous.

If we lose this game I won't be watching this team for a few weeks.

Pretty poor Half. This would be an embarrassing loss. Sixers haven't won a game all season.

12 minutes ago, MTC said:

This defense is cringeworthy bad.

Question: Is it the players or coaches?

It's both but mostly the coaches in my opinion. It's the same problems over and over and over again not getting fixed. They can't just rely on teams missing shots. They have to do something.

Had some lapses on defense particularly in that 1st half but I actually saw effort in that 2nd half. Defensively we lacked effort prior to tonight's game. I would still bring Young off the bench because if he isn't scoring he is just useless cause he don't rebound and play either Christmas or Seraphin for defensive purposes or at least play them 15 minutes a night for rebounding. Bring Young off the bench for a scoring punch. To be fair to Thad he really is much more a SF at 221lbs and more of a jump shooter

The good thing is the East is jumbled up with the exception of Charlotte and Cleveland who are both 6-1 and it's so early in the season. I don't think Charlotte is even an Elite team, teams like the Celtics and Bulls are struggling just as bad as we are. Celtics are 3-4 and Bulls are 4-4 so record wise we are fine. We need to get much better on Defense though if we want to compete with teams like the Cavs.

10 hours ago, Gavin said:

Had some lapses on defense particularly in that 1st half but I actually saw effort in that 2nd half. Defensively we lacked effort prior to tonight's game. I would still bring Young off the bench because if he isn't scoring he is just useless cause he don't rebound and play either Christmas or Seraphin for defensive purposes or at least play them 15 minutes a night for rebounding. Bring Young off the bench for a scoring punch. To be fair to Thad he really is much more a SF at 221lbs and more of a jump shooter

Thad has really played poorly in the last few games.  Loved Big Al last night.

Turner needs to try and take over...and PG needs to quit with the refs and play basketball.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Agree its going to take effort , time for someone to be a leader instead of whiner.

We know who that someone is!  Dan Burke was sick after halftime.  Not sure he can take much more of the lack of effort.  Larry may need to make some moves IMO.

10 hours ago, Gavin said:

Thad has defended pretty well as far as I've seen and I don't mind the lack of scoring because he has all kinds of shooters around him. He is struggling with rebounds though. I wouldn't put anyone in front of him because they aren't better defenders than he is. He's not boarding this year but he did average 9 last year so I think he will get the hang of it. Playing Christmas or Seraphin will give us even less stops than we have been getting before.

22 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I did not think they even ran enough last night.  Maybe it was the Sixers out hustling them.....sick of it.

They've been slowing it down because they run out of gas too easily and rush shots which leads to turnovers. I'm fine with that. Not fine with the lack of effort they have displayed on defense. In overtime the players were quickly switching, had active hands, moved their feet, and guarded aggressively. The coaches need to figure out why we can't do that for 48 minutes. When we figure that out we will be a much better team.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

They've been slowing it down because they run out of gas too easily and rush shots which leads to turnovers. I'm fine with that. Not fine with the lack of effort they have displayed on defense. In overtime the players were quickly switching, had active hands, moved their feet, and guarded aggressively. The coaches need to figure out why we can't do that for 48 minutes. When we figure that out we will be a much better team.

I agree Bluefire4

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Thad has defended pretty well as far as I've seen and I don't mind the lack of scoring because he has all kinds of shooters around him. He is struggling with rebounds though. I wouldn't put anyone in front of him because they aren't better defenders than he is. He's not boarding this year but he did average 9 last year so I think he will get the hang of it. Playing Christmas or Seraphin will give us even less stops than we have been getting before.

Yeah overall I guess our right looking at the numbers again but I have seen him late to recognize that his man can stretch the floor multiple times and fail to get over. I also don't trust that rebounding last year given his overall and this year

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:49 AM, BrentMc11 said:

Thad has really played poorly in the last few games.  Loved Big Al last night.

Turner needs to try and take over...and PG needs to quit with the refs and play basketball.

I'm not seeing the terrible Paul George being talked abut here..

..we're 4-4....with a new mix of players....did anyone expect 6-2 or 7-1 at this point.?

hang on everybody..lots of good signs..Al Jefferson being one

..the defense (its been weak) will get better

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:31 PM, Gavin said:

We're never going to play Christams or Serafin ahead of Thad Young, who is a proven player

Young is a good rebounder and a good defender..

relax..we'll be good

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm not seeing the terrible Paul George being talked abut here..

..we're 4-4....with a new mix of players....did anyone expect 6-2 or 7-1 at this point.?

hang on everybody..lots of good signs..Al Jefferson being one

..the defense (its been weak) will get better

Paul should play hard every night Mark.  Not seeing the effort and still seeing the lazy turnovers.  Ellis sucked the last game too on turnovers.

I hope Teague got his mental game back.

I wish Stuckey would not let a strain last 3 weeks to heal as well.