Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

The Pacers have been disappointing so far but were only 4 games in.  I am sure things will get better.  My Bulls are out to prove the doubters wrong, 3-0 for the first time since 96-97.  It's only 3 games but there off to a great start!

hp_wade_samsmith_161009.jpg

Bulls are playing really good ball.

I wasn't sure if Rondo and Wade could coexist but they've play together better than I expected. 

8 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

You and me both. I am glad it's working out so far but I am not going to get ahead of myself it's only 3 games. 

Rondo is a massively underrated PG. Hes been a bit of a headcase at some of his stops but on the court the guy just gets it done.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Rondo is a massively underrated PG. Hes been a bit of a headcase at some of his stops but on the court the guy just gets it done.

I agree he hasn't gotten along with many coaches other than Rivers.  I think him and Hoiberg clicked from  the first interview though.  His numbers haven't been great so far but you can tell he's a true leader.  Honestly, most of the starters have sat most of the 4th quarters because they're winning pretty easily right now.  I am sure his numbers will improve, especially the assists.  He'll easily average 10+.

Ya know I think I'd like to see more of Seraphin or Christmas in with Al with that second unit and Miles in at SG with Ellis coming off the bench coming in at the point with Young in at SG or Robinson depending on who has the hot hand if either one of them do. At least till Stuckey is back. Have to take pressure off of Young in being the primary ball handler and decision maker. Free Young up to do what he does best which is drive and shoot

Christmas and Seraphin add more athleticism and speed which Al does not have. Allen's not doing much.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Ya know I think I'd like to see more of Seraphin or Christmas in with Al with that second unit and Miles in at SG with Ellis coming off the bench coming in at the point with Young in at SG or Robinson depending on who has the hot hand if either one of them do. At least till Stuckey is back. Have to take pressure off of Young in being the primary ball handler and decision maker. Free Young up to do what he does best which is drive and shoot

Christmas and Seraphin add more athleticism and speed which Al does not have. Allen's not doing much.

Are Rakeem Christmas or Glenn Robinson III any good?  I hear their names here and there, and they manage to stick on the roster, but I don't hear anything about them getting significant playing time or making a big contribution.  What do they add to the team?

I feel like we are the only team that doesn't play tight on the 3 point line and trust that the big man will be there in the paint if the player gets past them. Give up too many threes like that. CJ has to close on Lou Williams there who is the Lakers best 3 point shooter.

24 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't want Teague on this team if he's not going to play defense and miss completely wide OPEN threes.

I don't understand why he was taking so many shots. His shot has been cold for all four games now.

Glad we pulled that out but what PG said at the press conference is completely right. This team seems like they don't care what they do on the defensive end. We don't switch well or defend the pick in roll at all in general.

Really disappointed in the play of Teague and Big Al so far. I wasn't expecting much from Al defensively but if he isn't going to take advantage of backup big men offensively than he is a complete liability. Teague somehow lost his shot completely and let Clarkson and Lou Williams kill him when he was guarding them.

I also want to see Myles get more aggressive. It feels just like last year that if he misses a couple shots in a row he stops looking for the shot. Also needs to defend without fouling but every big man has games like that.

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

I don't understand why he was taking so many shots. His shot has been cold for all four games now.

He has to take them because he is too open. He was 1-6 from 3s and all 5 3s he missed were WIDE OPEN. On most nobody even put a hand up and he just misses them. Sucks that we got him past his prime because he dominated us in 2013 when we were the one seed and barely beat the Hawks in 7.

Pacers have to find a way to defend the pick and roll/pick and pop game better. I don't know what they can really do about playing with a more efficient pace instead of playing with pace all the time.

The reason is this: If we play a half court game we don't move the ball well enough or have a high enough basketball IQ as a team as a whole to know when exactly to be able to get a player the ball in a pick and roll situation quickly enough because Teague cant play 48 minutes and he is our best PG. You also need great shooters to play a half court game or teams will just get out and run on your misses and with nobody able to get back on defense its an easy chance at the rim. We have a couple of great scorers but not shooters

Also we are giving up 11.5 offensive rebounds a game which is the 8th most in the league right now. Personally I think I'd play Seraphin a bit more along side Turner at Center to give us more size or play him a bit more than Jefferson who just looks tired and out of shape to me