Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is Lebron out? I always knew he was scared of Paul George haha (sarcasm) but he always seems to sit out games played here. He did it a few times in Miami. It's not like we have David West anymore to clobber him!!

I have IU, Pacers, and Butler at 7 PM.  The best game may be Butler and Northwestern!!  Have fun tonight guys and gals.:)  

I hate that LeBron is sitting, for one I wanted to see where the Pacers stood playing against the best, secondly it cheats the fans out of a rivalry game, and thirdly LeBron isn't even injured. If I had tickets to this game I would be very upset. Everything this guy does just annoys me to hell. He leaves the Cavs in his prime because he cant win a Championship to join a super team with Wade and Bosh so he can win, than when Wade and Bosh's game fell off, he leaves Miami to join Irving and Love who are younger so he can win there in Cleveland. He then gets critical towards the greatest Coach of all-time for using the word POSSE, I mean really dude, that isn't racist at all. Now he sits out of a rivalry game that is sold out and isn't even injured.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate that LeBron is sitting, for one I wanted to see where the Pacers stood playing against the best, secondly it cheats the fans out of a rivalry game, and thirdly LeBron isn't even injured. If I had tickets to this game I would be very upset. Everything this guy does just annoys me to hell. He leaves the Cavs in his prime because he cant win a Championship to join a super team with Wade and Bosh so he can win, than when Wade and Bosh's game fell off, he leaves Miami to join Irving and Love who are younger so he can win there in Cleveland. He then gets critical towards the greatest Coach of all-time for using the word POSSE, I mean really dude, that isn't racist at all. Now he sits out of a rivalry game that is sold out and isn't even injured.

I ink you have to take into account that without Lebron those teams don't win their championships. Remember Lebron is 31 now and no spring chicken though still one of the best players in the NBA and the most dominant. He goes places and they win rings with him leading the charge. Most elite players had to have another great player along side him.

Kobe had Shaq

Hakeem had Drexel

Stockton had Malone (Never won championship)

Thomas had Dumars

Johnson had Kareem

Who did Lebron have his first stint with Cleveland? Nobody

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't know posse had racial overtones

I thought a posse..was a group of your guys .  In the old westerns...you rounded up a posse and went to do what you needed to do...

Should we call it an enterouge? 

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I thought a posse..was a group of your guys .  In the old westerns...you rounded up a posse and went to do what you needed to do...

It doesn't Lebron was just being sensitive in this case. He also doesn't seem to know the definitions of the word

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

I didn't either and it doesn't actually. LeBron was trashing Phil for no reason IMO.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I ink you have to take into account that without Lebron those teams don't win their championships. Remember Lebron is 31 now and no spring chicken though still one of the best players in the NBA and the most dominant. He goes places and they win rings with him leading the charge. Most elite players had to have another great player along side him.

Kobe had Shaq

Hakeem had Drexel

Thomas had Dumars

Johnson had Kareem

Of course LeBron was a huge part of winning his Championships but my take is he should've stayed in Cleveland his whole career. Eventually he would've got the help he needed IMO had he just stayed there to win a Championship. My take is and will always be he took the easy way out when he went to Miami to win. When he joined Miami, Wade was the 3rd best player in the league only behind he and Kobe. Bosh was Top 10-15. That wasn't even fair.

Another win coming against a team coming off of a back to back and this time without the best player in the world but I'll take it.

We can't start being complacent with these wins and then come out Friday and lose to the Suns at home. We have a tough schedule coming with the Thunder, Warriors, and Clippers so we need all the wins we can get.

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Another win coming against a team coming off of a back to back and this time without the best player in the world but I'll take it.

We can't start being complacent with these wins and then come out Friday and lose to the Suns at home. We have a tough schedule coming with the Thunder, Warriors, and Clippers so we need all the wins we can get.

I don't put much stock in the win because LeBron didn't play but I will take it since we have been struggling. We should beat the Suns too but you never know.

Folks..when we play someone and its our second game it 2 nights...and we lose...we're very critical.

..when Paul George is out and we lose, we're very critical..

..when we play someone and its THEIR 2nd game in 2 nights and we beat them, or their star doenst play and we beat them........'we 'don't put too much stock in it'

Pretty inconsistent of us, right?

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Folks..when we play someone and its our second game it 2 nights...and we lose...we're very critical.

..when Paul George is out and we lose, we're very critical..

..when we play someone and its THEIR 2nd game in 2 nights and we beat them, or their star doenst play and we beat them........'we 'don't put too much stock in it'

Pretty inconsistent of us, right?

I'll take any win of course. You missed my point entirely, I have no idea how good we are is my point because we beat the best team in the East without their best player was my point.

16 hours ago, Gavin said:

Kobe had Shaq

Hakeem had Drexel

Thomas had Dumars

Johnson had Kareem

Lou Alcindor and Oscar Robertson!! :)  

I am really glad the Pacers came out and played with intensity.  Saw the ending to all of the games.  What a fun night of basketball.

Games all day again today.  I may try to catch Xavier and Mizzou.

Pacer/Phoenix on Friday.  My hope is tht Phoenix does not have our number like last year.  we SHOULD win that game.

Edited by BrentMc11
Cannot see the screen to edit..the NFL screen with all of the teams is right in the middle of text.

The loss isn't concerning to me considering we had no PG or Miles. Our offense is predicated around not only getting out and running but a lot of Teague driving and kicking out. We didn't have our 2 best 3 point shooters tonight so we were going to struggle more than likely with that and we did . The lack of hustle and effort when it comes to diving and getting to loose balls is pathetic.

This team lacks toughness. Both mentally and physically. This sounds crazy because he wont give you a lot of consistent production BUT he will come to play hard every night he is called upon and is not afraid to dive for loose balls and get on the floor even when he is outmatched but I'd bring in Tyler Hansbrough for a work out with the team. Young aint going to rebound, He don't have that fight in him. He is purely an offensive player. Myles isn't strong enough. Jefferson isn't really an every day player anymore. Mcmillan doesn't want to give Seraphin more minutes for whatever reason. Allen is useless now

Offense is not a concern to me even though we will have to upgrade SG in the next offseason or 2

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Not able to watch the Pacers tonight....thanking the good Lord.

Word is going around PG wont play tonight. He did not practice yesterday. Nothing official yet. I expect plenty of Robinson tonight..even starting. Miles is already out tonight. If we keep the game within 10 points I'd be a bit surprised. Rooting for a win but we lose a lot of scoring between Miles and George and our best player

Pacers beating Thunder 58-54 at the half, About ready to start the 3rd quarter.

-I'd double Westbrook with Teague and Young early to see how the Thunder react to it and to see if Sabonis can beat us. Have everyone else just play there man. Westbrook can beat you. I don't know yet that any other Thunder player can do it consistently.

-Pacers need to rebound better.

-Attack the basket and get in the penalty early

-10 turnovers in that 1st half already and 1 to open up the 3rd quarter right off the bat. Cut it out

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:01 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'll take any win of course. You missed my point entirely, I have no idea how good we are is my point because we beat the best team in the East without their best player was my point.

..and you missed mine..

.....when we don't have our best player, we're still critical..its true..its just how we are