Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about the Lakers beating the Warriors 65-49 at Halftime! HOLY COW! This young Lakers team looks decent under Coach Walton.

Lakers definitely have some nice young talent.

Truth be told too, it helps them that Kobe retired. Kobe pretty much shot everything last year, this year the young guys get more opportunities.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lakers up 11 after 3 Qtrs 93-82, I wonder if they can hold the lead? I hope so as this would be a huge upset. Have to root for the huge underdog here.

Impressive win by the Lakers. First time in nearly 200 games that Curry didn't make a 3.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Lakers definitely have some nice young talent.

Truth be told too, it helps them that Kobe retired. Kobe pretty much shot everything last year, this year the young guys get more opportunities.

Yeah when it comes to rooting for players I always liked Kobe better than LeBron because of his killer instinct mainly but Kobe's last 2 seasons were more of a thank you tour for his previous 18.

I'm not against the Warriors but I'd be lying if I said I did not like seeing them brought back down to earth and enjoy watching them struggle a bit. However they are just to talented and will get it together. I do like Curry and Kerr and Green and West. I just got tired of hearing about the Warriors and how they are the super team

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I'm not against the Warriors but I'd be lying if I said I did not like seeing them brought back down to earth and enjoy watching them struggle a bit. However they are just to talented and will get it together. I do like Curry and Kerr and Green and West. I just got tired of hearing about the Warriors and how they are the super team

I would love to see them and the Cavs fail but it wont happen. It will be a rematch of last seasons Finals.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see them and the Cavs fail but it wont happen. It will be a rematch of last seasons Finals.

History is stacked against a trilogy of Warriors vs Cavs.

We've never had a trilogy rematch in NBA history, ever...Closest it's come was all the times the Lakers met the Celtics in the Finals back in the 60's and 80's on back to back years, but they always skipped a year in between before having the third rematch. 

There has only been one super team in NBA history win it all in the first year - 2007 Celtics. This is also stacked against the Warriors, along with the insane expectations for this team. There was talk about them going into Christmas with an undefeated record...I think everyone has forgotten the early years of LeBron's Miami team who didn't quite get their chemistry together as a super team until they had a few years to mold around. 

The Warriors themselves have been greatly exposed since the Finals. LeBron just manhandled this team and exposed their softness...So far, teams are beating them in the same way; driving to the paint and beating them one on one, and Curry simply cannot handle strong defenders up man to man. This was a problem last year too, they live and die on the 3's. When they can't knock down all those 3's, they are toast. 

2 minutes ago, Bogie said:

History is stacked against a trilogy of Warriors vs Cavs.

We've never had a trilogy rematch in NBA history, ever...Closest it's come was all the times the Lakers met the Celtics in the Finals back in the 60's and 80's on back to back years, but they always skipped a year in between before having the third rematch. 

There has only been one super team in NBA history win it all in the first year - 2007 Celtics. This is also stacked against the Warriors, along with the insane expectations for this team. There was talk about them going into Christmas with an undefeated record...I think everyone has forgotten the early years of LeBron's Miami team who didn't quite get their chemistry together as a super team until they had a few years to mold around. 

The Warriors themselves have been greatly exposed since the Finals. LeBron just manhandled this team and exposed their softness...So far, teams are beating them in the same way; driving to the paint and beating them one on one, and Curry simply cannot handle strong defenders up man to man. This was a problem last year too, they live and die on the 3's. When they can't knock down all those 3's, they are toast. 

You are correct, no teams have played each other 3 straight times which is remarkable when you think about how Great the Lakers and Celtics were in the 80's. They faced off in 84, 85, and 87.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are correct, no teams have played each other 3 straight times which is remarkable when you think about how Great the Lakers and Celtics were in the 80's. They faced off in 84, 85, and 87.

Yeah the Lakers met the Celtics a lot too back in the 60's. They would go back to back, then skip a year and come back. The story of Jerry West's prime years was him going into the Finals almost every year or every other year, and losing to the Celtics. 

Never have we had a 3-peat of the same teams in the Finals. The Lakers/Celtics in the 80's is the closest it's ever happened. 

For that reason alone, I don't know if I would pick Golden State this year...They also have been avoiding San Antonio the past two years. I think this might finally be the year they have to play them. 

2 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Yeah the Lakers met the Celtics a lot too back in the 60's. They would go back to back, then skip a year and come back. The story of Jerry West's prime years was him going into the Finals almost every year or every other year, and losing to the Celtics. 

Never have we had a 3-peat of the same teams in the Finals. The Lakers/Celtics in the 80's is the closest it's ever happened. 

For that reason alone, I don't know if I would pick Golden State this year...They also have been avoiding San Antonio the past two years. I think this might finally be the year they have to play them. 

I picked the Spurs last season and it bit me good LOL. You never can count them out though.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I picked the Spurs last season and it bit me good LOL. You never can count them out though.

Pacers/Spurs is who I roll with....having been born and Raised in San Antonio, the Spurs are near and dear to my heart. It's really odd to see them now without Duncan, remember feeling the same way when The Admiral retired.......boy what a combo him and Duncan made!!!! 

9 hours ago, Gavin said:

How has West looked playing for them?

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

How has West looked playing for them?

He averages 8.2 minutes per game. His highest minutes played through 6 games is 11 minutes. He is along for the ride at this point in his career. He wont be a factor much on the court these days. His contributions will come off court in the locker room

This is the approach we should have had with him from the start do to his age at the time (I believe he was 31-32 when we got him) and the fact that the NBA was moving to more stretch 4's and 5's

Pacers need to run a bit to open up this 3rd quarter and seed if we can get Gibson into foul trouble and take away some of their rebounding edge. Butler has 2 fouls. I'd consider attacking him in the open court. Only 6 free throw attempts for the Pacers in that first half. Need double that in the 2n half

8 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Nate needs to sit Jefferson. No need to have him in the game, Just going to wear him out unnecessarily in a blow out. Get Seraphim in

wear him out..you're kidding..he needs playing time..he needs minutes

Forget Seraphin

..we are winning be we are a team that plays like they don't know each other..

...probably because a lot of our guys don't know each other

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look at what the Warriors have done the last 2 seasons and then they add Durant. Of course I guess chemistry could derail them but over the past 2 seasons they have been better than the Spurs and now have Durant.

Subtract the 6 players GSW lost, though

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

88-64 Pacers after 3Qtrs. Teague is having a Great game. I didn't see it but I heard Paul George got ejected for kicking a ball into the stands! I wonder what caused that? Probably shotty REFS but we are up 24 so no need to lose your cool Paul!

That was completely Paul George's fault. No need to kick the ball in the stands. We were up 20. That was the one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in the NBA.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

wear him out..you're kidding..he needs playing time..he needs minutes

Forget Seraphin

..we are winning be we are a team that plays like they don't know each other..

...probably because a lot of our guys don't know each other

He needs to stop playing like garbage or we won't be doing anything this year.

This is what I expected playing the Bulls on their second game of a back to back but at least we are actually doing what we are suppose to. Great game Teague and PG is lucky we were blowing this team out or he could have really hurt us with that dumb technical he had. No need to kick the ball in the stands over a little foul.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

That was completely Paul George's fault. No need to kick the ball in the stands. We were up 20. That was the one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in the NBA.

Paul just wanted to get home early...the Bulls starters didnt put up a fight tonight.

He can afford the fine

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

who Seraphin?  Jefferson will be fine....you're seen him play before

Al Jefferson is what he is....we didn't get him to play in November..

He is suppose to dominate in the post. Not miss 1 ft layups. If he is not helping on offense he shouldn't be out there at all.

21 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

He is suppose to dominate in the post. Not miss 1 ft layups. If he is not helping on offense he shouldn't be out there at all.

Stop yourself....what have we played...36 games???

No..we've played 6.....

Lets cut him (and while we're at it) lets cut PG, too. Getting kicked out. He cant help from the locker room

:He shouldnt be out there at all" !!!!!!!!       While we're at it...lets start over...we're only 3-3

Its a 5-month season....Jefferson's played 10 years..dont judge him on 2 weeks

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Stop yourself....what have we played...36 games???

No..we've played 6.....

Lets cut him (and while we're at it) lets cut PG, too. Getting kicked out. He cant help from the locker room

:He shouldnt be out there at all" !!!!!!!!       While we're at it...lets start over...we're only 3-3

Its a 5-month season....Jefferson's played 10 years..dont judge him on 2 weeks

I said nothing about cutting him and nothing about taking him out for good. But if he is not effective in these games I say take him out and put in Seraphin or Allen. If he makes his shots to start a game than I'd keep him in but he is such a defensive liability that if there is no offense than what is there?

Comparing it to PG who actually produces for us is a ridiculous comparison. He played 10 years and is looking washed last year like he did at the end of last season. I hope he does find his rhythm because he blamed it on injury last season.