Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Big win tonight for the Pacers! Now above .500 at 15-14. Pacers take down the Wizards 107-105. PG scored 27 and T. Young made the game winning shot. Teague had 23 Points and 10 Assists as well. Pacers are currently in the 7th spot in the East, same as last season. Hopefully that improves.

Teague is playing some good ball.

I've been so busy with school and finals, I haven't been able to catch any of the Pacers games lately. I see this team is consistently inconsistent (average). 

I saw Larry Bird's comments earlier about the team. Nothing to disagree here: 

10 hours ago, MTC said:

I've been so busy with school and finals, I haven't been able to catch any of the Pacers games lately. I see this team is consistently inconsistent (average). 

I saw Larry Bird's comments earlier about the team. Nothing to disagree here: 

That response makes me very optimistic for several reasons:

1) Bird recognizes the defensive deficiencies

2) Bird recognizes the offensive problems (too many guys want to dribble)

3) Bird recognizes and appreciates what George brings to the team and wants to surround him with talent so we aren't putting too much pressure on him

Combine all that with the fact that Bird is an aggressive personnel guy who isn't afraid to make moves and I'm confident in what he will do.  He doesn't ignore the team's deficiencies or problems.  He recognizes them, acknowledges them, and I guarantee he's thinking of ways to make the team better.

Pacers are playing much better basketball.  I am going to the Pacers Knicks game January 23rd, I am looking forward to it.  I've been to Bankers Life Field House once and enjoyed it.  I am a Bulls fan of course but I've always been a huge Melo fan.  I hope he plays and puts on a good show.  I'd be ok with the Pacers winning, Paul George always puts on a show!

7 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Pacers are playing much better basketball.  I am going to the Pacers Knicks game January 23rd, I am looking forward to it.  I've been to Bankers Life Field House once and enjoyed it.  I am a Bulls fan of course but I've always been a huge Melo fan.  I hope he plays and puts on a good show.  I'd be ok with the Pacers winning, Paul George always puts on a show!

We will probably make the Playoffs but I am hoping the Pacers get much better than they are now otherwise we wont do much when it counts. Last night was a nice win, Wall and Beal both are always dangerous and the Wizards had won 3 in a row.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will probably make the Playoffs but I am hoping the Pacers get much better than they are now otherwise we wont do much when it counts. Last night was a nice win, Wall and Beal both are always dangerous and the Wizards had won 3 in a row.

There's time.  The NBA season is a very long season.  I feel the same way about my Bulls, to up and down.  If our teams are right in the playoff mix in late February and start putting strings of wins together then, they would be getting hot at the right time.  I think 2nd-8th is wide open in the East. I am not sold on Toronto. 

Fast break points per game-11.8....20th

Points off turnovers allowed-17.1-21st

Bird is right. The majority of our defensive problems revolve around our Guards and Paul George not getting up on there man on defense and making them consistently put the ball on the floor and also often times (particularly Teague and Ellis) they don't recognize who there man is in enough time in transition so they give up a high percentage on 3's

We traded a better defender in Hill when we got Teague......We actually downgraded efficiently scoring when we traded for Teague but upgraded in PG skills when we got Teague.

4 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

There's time.  The NBA season is a very long season.  I feel the same way about my Bulls, to up and down.  If our teams are right in the playoff mix in late February and start putting strings of wins together then, they would be getting hot at the right time.  I think 2nd-8th is wide open in the East. I am not sold on Toronto. 

I just looked up the standings.  It's literally a 1 game difference between 3rd and 8th in the East.  It's a 3 game difference between 3rd and 11th.  I didn't realize how tight things were.  I think Cleveland and Toronto finish the year at 1 and 2.  Tonight's game against the Knicks could shake up the standings

7 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

we're coming together....but ti wont happen quickly....

....I think we're gaining 'group confidence' but teams that haven't played together arent good defensively.

I think we'll be good in a month or so

....but there will, be bad days

Al Jefferson 12 points in si x minutes early

Just now, Gavin said:

Paul has to get up on Mello and Thad does to. Carmelo primarily wants to shoot the 3. you have to make him put the ball on the floor or Melo will get hot and shoot the Knicks back in games. He is very capable of shooting you back in games

Yeah you can't let Mellow shoot uncontested triples, lol.