Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basketball is definitely a game of runs, you just have to contain them and not let it get out of hand.  The Pacers didn't seem to do that when they had a 15 point lead.  They closed out the quarter very very poorly.  Still plenty of time for them to go on a run themselves though.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Welp, there isn't a team on the planet that can beat the Knicks if they shoot the 3 like that. They are 13-22 from 3. Have they even missed a 3 in the 2nd Half? This is nuts.

Yeah lol, it seems though like the Pacers haven't really adapted though and forced them to beat them any other way.

9 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Pacers are playing much better basketball.  I am going to the Pacers Knicks game January 23rd, I am looking forward to it.  I've been to Bankers Life Field House once and enjoyed it.  I am a Bulls fan of course but I've always been a huge Melo fan.  I hope he plays and puts on a good show.  I'd be ok with the Pacers winning, Paul George always puts on a show!

we're coming together....but ti wont happen quickly....

....I think we're gaining 'group confidence' but teams that haven't played together arent good defensively.

I think we'll be good in a month or so

....but there will, be bad days

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we're coming together....but ti wont happen quickly....

....I think we're gaining 'group confidence' but teams that haven't played together arent good defensively.

I think we'll be good in a month or so

....but there will, be bad days

Yeah they just need to bounce back @ home against a tough Celtics team.

14 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I just looked up the standings.  It's literally a 1 game difference between 3rd and 8th in the East.  It's a 3 game difference between 3rd and 11th.  I didn't realize how tight things were.  I think Cleveland and Toronto finish the year at 1 and 2.  Tonight's game against the Knicks could shake up the standings

It's a very tight race.  Your probably right but Toronto could slip.  I also think New York, Indiana or Boston could take Toronto in the playoffs, maybe even Chicago. 

Watched the entire game last night.  I said one thing to RG to start the second half.  "You cannot let Carmello go off"  

Porzingis was an All Star last night.

Paul George needs to be an All Star every night.  Tired of his just showing up. 

Trade him for Gay, Cousins and a 1.

46 minutes ago, Gavin said:

If your name is not Myles Turner among the starters then you are struggling on defense to guard the 3 point line.

Robinson

George

Ellis

Teague

have all struggled to guard

Add Thad to that Gav.  Anthony burnt him and Robinson like there was no tomorrow...Turner got burnt by Porzingis though.

23 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Any possibility that the reason the guys aren't putting in as much effort in defense is because of how they perceive McMillan?  I don't recall there ever being effort issues with Vogel.  Is it possible the guys don't respect/respond to McMillan as much as they did with Vogel?

Teague is the one that's struggling the most and PG

Teague 2016 shot attempts against him average-10.5

Teague 2015 shot attempts against him-8.5

Teague 2016 field goal percentage given up when he is the lone man guarding the shot: 46.5%

Teague 2015 field goal percentage given up when he is the lone man guarding the shot: 43.7%

Most of that comes from Teague simply not getting back on defense and matching up. PG has had that problem to. I'd get some screen caps if possible

Mcmillan isn't the problem

Pacers should go after Nerlens Noel. It makes perfect sense. A nice 4 or 5 that can rebound, plays very good defense, not a great scorer but not terrible either. He would be a good piece next to Turner down low.

Would have to think Bird is looking into it, as Noel has all but said he wants to leave Philly ASAP. I'd be very happy if it happens. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:17 AM, BrentMc11 said:

Watched the entire game last night.  I said one thing to RG to start the second half.  "You cannot let Carmello go off"  

Porzingis was an All Star last night.

Paul George needs to be an All Star every night.  Tired of his just showing up. 

Trade him for Gay, Cousins and a 1.

I would love to have Cousins. Having said that trading PG wouldn't be a good thing IMO.

On 12/21/2016 at 2:37 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Pacers should go after Nerlens Noel. It makes perfect sense. A nice 4 or 5 that can rebound, plays very good defense, not a great scorer but not terrible either. He would be a good piece next to Turner down low.

Would have to think Bird is looking into it, as Noel has all but said he wants to leave Philly ASAP. I'd be very happy if it happens. 

I'd love that except it would move Thad 

48 points allowed in the paint tonight. That's not a Myles Turner problem. That's a Guard problem.

-Teague had a great game offensively and that's nice. It cant happen every night because that's not how we are going win consistently. He has to defend if we are going to win and take care of the ball and set up the offense

-Paul George just had a bad shooting night and had 5 turnovers. He will bounce back

-CJ Miles has to start over Robinson. Robinson is giving you nothing offensively and doesn't defend well, Miles wont defend well consistently but at least he is another weapon offensively

-We aren't running perimeter players off the 3 point line on defense nearly enough. Boston had 39 attempts from 3 tonight . We don't get close enough when guarding the 3 point line even when we do get a hand up its useless because we don't get close enough