Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

For one we can't rebound worth a damn and our D is pretty awful 

A new coach wont get this team to rebound any better. We simply don't have those kind of players except Seraphin. Our defense is bad because we don't have guys like PG or Teague closing out hard at the 3 point line running guys off the 3 point line and we don't get back on defense and match up. Its also a direct result of trading G Hill who was a very good perimeter defender which Teague was not and is not. It has nothing to do with Mcmillan on this trust me.

We also give up 17.3 points a game off turnovers and only get 11.7 fastbreak points a game on average t make up for it which is 19th

18 minutes ago, Gavin said:

A new coach wont get this team to rebound any better. We simply don't have those kind of players except Seraphin. Our defense is bad because we don't have guys like PG or Teague closing out hard at the 3 point line running guys off the 3 point line and we don't get back on defense and match up. Its also a direct result of trading G Hill who was a very good perimeter defender which Teague was not and is not. It has nothing to do with Mcmillan on this trust me.

We also give up 17.3 points a game off turnovers and only get 11.7 fastbreak points a game on average t make up for it which is 19th

Im not saying it's him I'm saying we can't rebound and our players are not that great on the D side 

19 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Probably too early to talk draft, but I kind of hope we draft a SG this coming draft. We get very little from that spot unless CJ goes off here and there. One that can score and play at least solid defense.

I'm in favor of letting Teague walk too. 

Need a new starting backcourt. 

14 hours ago, MTC said:

I'm in favor of letting Teague walk too. 

Need a new starting backcourt. 

I agree with this.  I was never super sold on Teague from the start.  However, I don't see it happening because he's playing decently well enough to stay on the team, and we gave him an extension in the summer

Pacers have to speed things up and get out and run and get to the basket and get some free throws.....2 free throw attempts should be unacceptable. We should be able to run on the Bulls. The Stuckey injury hurts that though to a big degree.

Loved the 5 first half assists from PG. Now I think he and Myles Turner need to come out in attack mode

McMillian complaining about the refs, saying PG is not treated fairly by the officials.

I disagree. Maybe if PG drove to the basket more than 3 times a game he would draw more fouls. How can he expect to shoot many free throws while camping out on the perimeter almost entire games?

Its not the refs fault. PG hardly ever drives the ball to the basket. Do that and I guarantee he will shoot more free throws.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This season has sucked big time! 15-17 through 32 games. McMillan isn't the answer.

I can't believe how bad we are at rebounding. Its not like we don't have any big bodies either. Chicago killed us with offensive boards all game. Get us a dang rebounder Larry!

27 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I can't believe how bad we are at rebounding. Its not like we don't have any big bodies either. Chicago killed us with offensive boards all game. Get us a dang rebounder Larry!

Current players need to play with more effort on a consistent basis. It starts with Paul.

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1194248

George and McMillan fined $15 000 and $10 000, respectively.  This isn't George's first time complaining about the refs.

The Pacers lost to the Bulls when the Pacers had three days rest and the Bulls were playing their second game in two nights.  All the things I've been reading lead me to the conclusion that coaching isn't bringing the talent together.  There is obviously talent on this team with George, Teague, and Turner.  I don't think McMillan is the guy for the job.  With the talent the Pacers have, they should be competing for a top spot in the East, not struggling to stay within the top 8

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

The Pacers have way to much talent to be 15-18.  I think they need to tweek their line ups or pursue a trade.  I will tell you, I am 99.9% sure they will be 16-18 after tomorrow because my Bulls are just as bad! 

The same Bulls team they just lost to?

I liked Vogel, but you can make the case that he wasn't the answer in getting this team to a championship because of how the offense operated at times under his watch.  But McMillan is definitely not the answer.  When a team has this much talent and is performing this badly, I put it on coaching

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I liked Vogel, but you can make the case that he wasn't the answer in getting this team to a championship because of how the offense operated at times under his watch.  But McMillan is definitely not the answer.  When a team has this much talent and is performing this badly, I put it on coaching

The team has talent but we really need a passing PG and Turner honestly should be at the 4 and be our Anthony Davis or LaMarcus Aldridge that would allow us to get a bigger more powerful 5 for rebounding 

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

pacersGrover.gif

This sums up our play through 33 games. 15-18 is Bad for the talent we have. We have no Chemistry and for the most part have been lazy on Defense in most games. I think we need to pursue a trade. I said I would give it 30 games to see where this team would be at and we are 33 in now so I don't see it getting any better now. I see this team being .500 if they are lucky if we stand pat.

18 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Yes but it was at Chicago and George had his worse game of the year so far yet they were in it until the end.  I agree with you though, I think coaching plays a major role.  I don't see them giving up on McMillian quite yet though.  I think they'll give him until the end of the year. 

Quite the bummer season so far.   I really liked the off season moves minus McMillian.   I though by this time we'd be in the top 3 in the East.   Instead they are 10th in the East, just a half game away from 12th.   Plenty of time of course, but I haven't seen anything to make me think too positively about this team.

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

Quite the bummer season so far.   I really liked the off season moves minus McMillian.   I though by this time we'd be in the top 3 in the East.   Instead they are 10th in the East, just a half game away from 12th.   Plenty of time of course, but I haven't seen anything to make me think too positively about this team.

I thought we would finish 2nd in the East only behind LeBron so I couldn't be more wrong at this point. Unless the Pacers turn it around, we will be lucky to be an 8 Seed.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought we would finish 2nd in the East only behind LeBron so I couldn't be more wrong at this point. Unless the Pacers turn it around, we will be lucky to be an 8 Seed.

Same here.

I have never liked Bird's desire for small ball as I prefer a big, physical team. I did however think that, at least individually, the trades for Teague and Young were good. With PG I thought this team would be the second best team in the East.

While I love Vogel I wasn't as down on McMillan as most. He had plenty of success before and I really thought he would do a decent job. This team has not been good. Also, Dan Burke isn't coaching up to Bird's hype as a defensive mastermind. Maybe Vogel actually contributed while he was the coach? Maybe when you replace good defensive players with worse ones there isn't much your coach can do?

It just sucks to think about where this team was 3-4 years ago and where they are now.

3 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Same here.

I have never liked Bird's desire for small ball as I prefer a big, physical team. I did however think that, at least individually, the trades for Teague and Young were good. With PG I thought this team would be the second best team in the East.

While I love Vogel I wasn't as down on McMillan as most. He had plenty of success before and I really thought he would do a decent job. This team has not been good. Also, Dan Burke isn't coaching up to Bird's hype as a defensive mastermind. Maybe Vogel actually contributed while he was the coach? Maybe when you replace good defensive players with worse ones there isn't much your coach can do?

It just sucks to think about where this team was 3-4 years ago and where they are now.

Yeah I think Vogel wore out his welcome and we needed change much like Chuck has with the Colts after missing the Playoffs again. I wasn't high on the McMillan hire though, didn't understand it really because he was already on the staff and we needed a new culture. That would be about like us firing Chuck and hiring Chud as HC. Makes little sense. Having said that I thought with PG getting back to SuperStar form and Turner having a year under his belt + the additions of Teague, Young, and Big AL we would still be Good. We just took the Raptors 7 games and really blew that series in Game 5. So I had no reason to believe we would be worse than last season even with McMillan because of adding Teague, Young, and AL.

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

My thoughts are when your not putting out consistent effort and losing its not gonna be much fun. Not to mention its a job suck it up  buttercup !

Yup, thats how I feel too. I feel like PG is trying to make people feel sorry for him. Not sure why, as most of the struggles are on him for not bringing it every night.

13 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Whats everyones thoughts on PG saying hes not having fun?

When you have your SuperStar unhappy it is not a good thing at all. McMillan should be on thin ice already, sad to say after 33 games but he seems to be part of the problem. When I watch the Pacers play I see too much lazy play on Defense so I wonder if the team even wants to play hard for McMillan?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When you have your SuperStar unhappy it is not a good thing at all. McMillan should be on thin ice already, sad to say after 33 games but he seems to be part of the problem. When I watch the Pacers play I see too much lazy play on Defense so I wonder if the team even wants to play hard for McMillan?

Not disagreeing at all but when you get paid that money to do a job you go out and do it regaurdless of if your happy or not to the best of your ability its called being a professional.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't understand the hire from the get go. He has a career winning percentage below 50%, and also hes only won one playoff series. I'm not sure what Bird seen in him. 

Bird knows more than we do of course, but I think he made a mistake here. I was fine with Vogel going, but even under Vogel theres no way this team would be playing like this. The defense would be better at least. 

We have probably the most talented starting 5 since the year of the Detroit brawl, and this is the best we can play?

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I didn't understand the hire from the get go. He has a career winning percentage below 50%, and also hes only won one playoff series. I'm not sure what Bird seen in him. 

Bird knows more than we do of course, but I think he made a mistake here. I was fine with Vogel going, but even under Vogel theres no way this team would be playing like this. The defense would be better at least. 

We have probably the most talented starting 5 since the year of the Detroit brawl, and this is the best we can play?

Our starting 5 is good at scoring Teague doesn't pass as much as we need and hardly any of them play great D and we struggle unbelievably at rebounding. Small ball sucks I wish we would get a big Center and move Turner to the 4. A big ugly that can rebound would help us tons.