Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is so annoying. Beat the Thunder, Trail Blazers, Hornets, Clippers and lose to the Heat, 76ers and Nets. 

They say the right things before the game. But it just feels like they take these teams for granted and they are not good enough to have that mentality.

That was the worst fourth quarter I have seen in a long long time.

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think Stuckey and Ellis together is doable

Both are best affective with the ball in there hands. Yes they can both catch and shoot but its not what they do best. Damn if there was anyway to keep G Hill I would have done it in a heartbeat. I bet Larry offered Monta or Stuckey in that deal involving Teague but it was Hill Utah wanted.

Hills been dealing with a toe injury but when he has played he has shown what he was always capable of as a SG

Is it just me or does anyone else think Myles Turner needs to shoot a lot more on average. He only averages 10 shots a game. Personally I think that has to be on average 15-20. I think this team goes as far as he and PG takes it. They are the future of the team

Despite all of our win one lose 1 problems we have been having and getting bullied on the boards routinely and being currently in 8th place in the East the Pacers are still only 1 and a half games back of 3rd place in the East...Nobody is catching Cleveland

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

Means Aaron Brooks will see extended minutes and Joe Young might even see some time

Coming out of college, people said Young was very good at one thing, and that's scoring the ball.  With his ability to put the ball in the basket, I'm surprised we haven't developed him into a 10 ppg type of guy coming off the bench.  I feel like he could be a very poor man's Steph Curry given how well he can score.

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Coming out of college, people said Young was very good at one thing, and that's scoring the ball.  With his ability to put the ball in the basket, I'm surprised we haven't developed him into a 10 ppg type of guy coming off the bench.  I feel like he could be a very poor man's Steph Curry given how well he can score.

At best Joe is a SG. He doesn't have lead guard skills or the length to be disruptive as starter on defense like G Hill does....Pretty much makes him a backup SG

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

At best Joe is a SG. He doesn't have lead guard skills or the length to be disruptive as starter on defense like G Hill does....Pretty much makes him a backup SG

Plenty of starters in the NBA don't play good defense.  I don't think that precludes him from being a starter.  I'm just saying with his ability to score, I would have thought he would have a bigger role by now, regardless of his defensive ineffectiveness

37 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I had problems with Vogel, but I don't think with Vogel that this team would be 12-13 and be losing to terrible teams like the Pelicans.

I had problems with Vogel as well and just think it was time for him to move on. Having said that I was never for hiring McMillan either. I am surprised Bird didn't look elsewhere considering McMillan was already on the staff. At this point McMillan hasn't shown me squat! Pacers are an Average team as of now, with our Roster we should be several games above .500.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had problems with Vogel as well and just think it was time for him to move on. Having said that I was never for hiring McMillan either. I am surprised Bird didn't look elsewhere considering McMillan was already on the staff. At this point McMillan hasn't shown me squat! Pacers are an Average team as of now, with our Roster we should be several games above .500.

Yup. I remember being super pumped about our roster, now I'm not sure if we will even make the playoffs. We still might, but it won't be the seed we thought.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

13 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup. I remember being super pumped about our roster, now I'm not sure if we will even make the playoffs. We still might, but it won't be the seed we thought.

Agree with both of you, given what I've heard about the team this year.  However, I have full confidence in Larry Legend.  I don't think he's content with a 13-14 record for one second, and I think he will make the changes necessary if he needs to.  Don't forget this is the same guy who drafted Turner, Paul George, Lance, etc.  He knows what he is doing

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Agree with both of you, given what I've heard about the team this year.  However, I have full confidence in Larry Legend.  I don't think he's content with a 13-14 record for one second, and I think he will make the changes necessary if he needs to.  Don't forget this is the same guy who drafted Turner, Paul George, Lance, etc.  He knows what he is doing

Yeah there is still a long way to go and who knows we could even make a big trade if need be. I said I would give it 30 games before I judged this team because of the new faces and we are almost there and still below .500.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there is still a long way to go and who knows we could even make a big trade if need be. I said I would give it 30 games before I judged this team because of the new faces and we are almost there and still below .500.

From what I recall, I wasn't a big fan of the Teague acquisition.  It's great that he has been an all-star and is still in the prime of his career, but I wanted a more complete player.  I still think the Pacers are a star talent away from being a contender.  I think you need a big three to compete with the top teams in the NBA, or at least two excellent players.  The Pacers have two pieces in place with Turner (who needs to work on his strength and rebounding) and George.  They need one more piece (John Wall, please!) to form their own big three and make a strong run at a title.  I never count Larry out of anything, but it's hard to see us making a move for a big name.  Rudy Gay continues to be linked to us though....

It's also worth nothing that the salary cap is increasing even more, so perhaps Larry is waiting until next offseason to sign a big name free agent, like Blake Griffin, however unlikely that may be, or Durant, given he opts out and we have a shot at him.  As much as I dislike Durant's decision to join the Warriors, a trio of Durant, George, and Turner would be unreal

I have my eye on a couple shooting guards and Power Forwards in no particular order:

1.Dwayne Bacon-SG Florida State

2.Grayson Allen-SG Duke

3.Isaiah Hartenstein-PF International

4.Jonathan Isaac-PF/SF Florida State

Still looking

19 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

We need to move Myles back to power forward and get a bigger guy down in the paint that will win the rebounding battle. Second worst in the league in rebounding differential and, as good as Turner is, he isn't big enough to win the war on the boards

See that's the thing. The NBA season is 82 games long. Not only are you battling for a playoff spot but your also trying to figure out who works best where and what matchups in my opinion benefit the team on any given night and settling into a position where your outmatched routinely unless your a team that's been together for a couple years. I will say though I think he can go score for score with any PF/C in the NBA if he is aggressive

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think Bird is gonna have to pull off a trade or two before the deadline. This team is missing something.

PG, Ellis and Teague despite getting a lot of steals on defense have all struggled to match up on defense when getting back on defense so they have given up 45% or better when an offensive player has taken a shot on them.

We actually are not giving up a high percentage of makes on 3 point attempts at only 34.2%, We are allowing 30 attempts though which is 27th in the league and 10 makes....25th