LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Lions Game Day Thread

1,167 posts in this topic

Hi, Colts fans!  a battle of the blue  this afternoon, as our Indianapolis Colts begin their 2016 NFL Regular season hosting the Detroit Lions at LOS (the building)  the 43rd all-time regular season meeting,as they will try to earn back the AFC South Division title with a healthy Andrew Luck, and reach the NFL playoffs after two seasons.

This afternoon is also the return and homecoming of former Colts, and current Detroit Lions Head Coach Jim Caldwell.  Caldwell followed former Head Coach Tony Dungy to Tampa Bay from Indianapolis,  becoming quarterbacks coach and assistant Head Coach from 2002 through 2008, helping the Colts win and defeat the Chicago Bears 29-17 in Super Bowl XLI at a rainy Dolphins Stadium back on February 4, 2007.

Caldwell later succeeded Coach Dungy to become the Colts Head Coach in 2009 through 2011, before being relieved from his duties after finishing the 2011 regular season at 2-14,  mostly because Peyton Manning was out all season because of his neck surgeries that year.

Indianapolis is playing Detroit in the first of four interconference games this season playing opponents in the AFC South during the 2016 NFL Regular Season.   A unique arrangement by the NFL schedule makers during the offseason, is that all four NFC North teams are playing at AFC South teams on the road during the course of Opening Week -   Green Bay @ Jacksonville, Minnesota @ Tennessee, Chicago @ Houston, and  Detroit @ Indianapolis.

Colts also lead the Lions in the all-time regular season series, with 21 wins, 19 losses, and 2 ties,  Colts are also on a four-game regular season winning streak, including their 31-21 win over the Lions in Detroit's first visit and game at LOS back on December 14, 2008.  

Andrew Luck threw a 14-yard touchdown pass to Donnie Avery with a Adam Vinatieri PAT as time expired in regulation, to help the Colts come from behind and win 35-33 over the Lions in both teams last meeting played at Ford Field back on December 2, 2012.

Lucas Oil Stadium's roof may be opened for the late Sunday afternoon's  4:25PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because sunny and clear skies at 85 degrees,  0% precipitation, 44% humidity and very mild northeastern winds at 4 miles per hour.

NO injuries, win your first game  in 2016, and GO COLTS!!!!!    :cheer:   :coltslogo:   :1colts:  :colts:  :coltshelmet: :cheer::rock:  :coltslogo:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2016/regular1

Last time we played the Lions, it was pretty sick. Hopefully this time, they can win without the drama. It's not good for the heart. 

1 person likes this

Big shouts to @LucasOilStadium for getting our Sundays started off the right way with the game day thread!  The NFL season is here, folks!  An unusually late start for the Colts, but let's start this new season off with a W.

1 person likes this

Still predicting a loss. Still not feeling comfortable about this game.

We need to continue the short game pass attack with YAC. Run game has to open SOMETHING so we can control the clock. Defense is going to have to be better than everyone expects.

Just now, shakedownstreet said:

Open dat roof!! It's a beautiful day in central Indiana

Roof is open today I believe.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Hello to my GD friends, here's hoping for a good opening game from the Colts.

Thanks to @LucasOilStadium for getting us started as ever :)

Greetings from TigerTown

every AFC south team is playing an NFC north team today

go bears!

go pack!

go vikes!

[EDIT] lions!

2 people like this

Titans and Jags both lost, but Texans won.  We gotta start the season off strong.  Let's go, boys!  Less than 10 mins away from starting our season

1 person likes this

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

Titans and Jags both lost, but Texans won.  We gotta start the season off strong.  Let's go, boys!  Less than 10 mins away from starting our season

The good thing was the Texans didn't look by any means a powerhouse, of course Watt being 100% changes things a lot...

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

The good thing was the Texans didn't look by any means a powerhouse, of course Watt being 100% changes things a lot...

I didn't watch their game, but they did play the Bears.

Thanks LOS !!!  It's going to be a Great game today, I'm still predicting a WIN 27-20. Let's start off strong and never let up !!!

GOOOOOO Colts !!!

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

According to reports they lost Cushing for 6 Weeks

1 person likes this

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I didn't watch their game, but they did play the Bears.

I only saw parts, while hopping games. The way it stacks up for me currently is thus; The Texans only need average QB play out of Osweiler, we need Luck to play at a near elite level. I hope that need becomes less as the D gets healthier, but that's I see it right now.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

According to reports they lost Cushing for 6 Weeks

that might help us get a cushiong on the division!

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

I only saw parts, while hopping games. The way it stacks up for me currently is thus; The Texans only need average QB play out of Osweiler, we need Luck to play at a near elite level. I hope that need becomes less as the D gets healthier, but that's I see it right now.

I agree.  If I may be honest, I don't have high expectations for our season.  I think we lack talent all over the place, and the defense is very "meh".  No pass rushers stand out to me, injuries to the secondary and DL.  Our season rides on Luck playing elite for 16+ games.

1 person likes this

Just now, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

least jax and titans lost today

And those were called the powerhouses in te division lol