Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our Division After The Draft

Resplash

What do you guys think about our division opponents after this draft? Could we drop a game in our division now, or at least get some more competition from the Jags and Titans? 

Texans

CB Kevin Johnson

ILB Benardrick McKinney

WR Jaelen Strong

WR Keith Humphery

OLB Reshard Cliett

Titans

QB Marcus Mariota

WR Dorial-Green Beckham

OG Jeremiah Poutasi

DT Angelo Blackson

FB Jalston Fowler

RB David Cobb

OLB Deiontrez Mount

C Andy Gallik

WR Tre Mcbride

Jags

OLB Dante Fowler Jr

RB T.J Yeldon

OG A.J Cann

SS James Sample

WR Rashad Greene

DT Michael Bennet

WR Neal Sterling

TE Ben Koyack

I feel like the Texans will be about the same against us, even with who they picked up in FA. No QB, but did pick up some decent WR's.

I feel like the Titans will be a lot more competitive with Mariota as QB and Beckham there to catch passes. Mariota with Beckham and Wright could be dangerous, but we should still come out of these games with wins.

The Jags picked up a good TE in FA and added a good threat to Luck with Fowler. They also added themselves a good RB in the draft and signed Bernard Pierce in FA. I think their defense will be fairly better, and their offense will be much better. We should still win these games as well though.

What do you guys think?

The Colts had a monster off season to go with a nice draft. The other teams in the division had what appear to be nice drafts but IMO , they haven't closed the gap much for 2015. That assessment changes is Mallett turns out to be a top 15 QB.

If the Rest of the AFC South continually have draft selections at the top of every every round, they have to get better, right? It's amazing that the Jaguars have been so bad for so long. It's quite impressive really, with all those early draft picks.

Mariota has never played quarterback before so he has to learn how to play a new position, which is dicey considering he was the second overall pick

Easily the worst post I've seen, on any forum.

I don't see our dominance changing a bit within the division. Houston has no legit QB, hell there isn't a real QB in the AFC South other than Luck. Mostly poor organizations that have "good drafts" year in and year out. 

Whatever threat lies ahead of us does not exist in our division. 

IMO the Jags and Titans both got significantly better on paper during the off season & draft ... the big question will be QB performance (does Bortles take a step forward ... what is Mariota?)  and then can their coaching staffs step up. 

The Texans I don't think improved that much, but their weakness has always seemed to be a lack of a QB, which is a problem they very likely still have.

Jacksonville is the team to watch for out of the bunch in my opinion. I think they have something with Bortles and they are starting to put some talent around him. Defensively they were already pretty good. I think Colts still are team to beat in the division but Jax could rise up as our primary challenger down the road.

Jacksonville is the team to watch for out of the bunch in my opinion. I think they have something with Bortles and they are starting to put some talent around him. Defensively they were already pretty good. I think Colts still are team to beat in the division but Jax could rise up as our primary challenger down the road.

I so want to agree with you, but then I remember the number of times I've thought, or heard, the same sentiment since 2002... And I quickly discard the notion and move on...