Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If and when Reggie Wayne Retires

iLoveMyBoys

When Reggie Wayne finally retires should the Colts offer Wayne some type of WR or offensive consultant position?

I think if and when Reggie retires he should be offered some type of coaching job to get him back of the sideline and continue help mold our young wideouts like he has.

I mean he's already got a great relationship with Pagano and Irsay plus he was a leader of the locker room and alot of guys looked up and respected him.

Where would TY and Moncrief be without Reggie.

Thoughts or opinions?

When Reggie Wayne finally retires should the Colts offer Wayne some type of WR or offensive consultant position?

I think if and when Reggie retires he should be offered some type of coaching job to get him back of the sideline and continue help mold our young wideouts like he has.

I mean he's already got a great relationship with Pagano and Irsay plus he was a leader of the locker room and alot of guys looked up and respected him.

Thoughts or opinions?

Whilst it would be great, I think reggie is just gonna wanna spend time with his family in Miami.

Thoughts: Great gesture on your behalf, very noble :scoregood:

Opinion: Reggie may check in here and there, but I think most his time will be spent with the family much like Ray Lewis did following his son's football career

I could have went without seeing Reggie Wayne's and Ray Lewis names put in a sentence together.

I could have went without seeing Reggie Wayne's and Ray Lewis names put in a sentence together.

what do you have against ray?  hate to say it as a colts fan but ray was the better player relative to his position

btw he acted in self defense!

Thoughts or opinions?

Ofcourse we should. And let's bring Peyton back as qb coach or OC.

Even though they made a gazillion dollars as players I'm sure they would would love coming back for peanuts(for them) and not spend time with family and relax.

what do you have against ray?  hate to say it as a colts fan but ray was the better player relative to his position

btw he acted in self defense!

For one thing he was involved in a murder if I remember correctly, not sure to what extent.

Second, he was a Dirty player, a head Hunter. He wasn't satisfied stopping the ball carrier, he wanted to hurt him and preferably hit him in the head.

No doubt he was one of greatest mlb's ever But he was a thug imo.

Just because justice is suppose to be blind don't mean you have to be. Besides this is not a Ray Lewis thread so you are way off topic.

i didnt mention ray in the first place.  youre the blind one for trusting the law to do the right thing when it comes to a black male on weapons charges when he acted in self defense

I think everyone would love for him to come back and coach, but I really doubt that would happen.  

Really I don't think the greats actually get into coaching very often.  They go into broadcasting or they just go home to their families.  A few might head to the front office.

Whatever team he lands with would probably be a good fit for him to just stay there and help work with the receivers, coming back to the Colts would bring back memories of the day he found out he was being cut for another old-timer in Andre Johnson.  I just think the pain would be too great any time soon.  Maybe 10 years down the road it's forgive and forget time.  Just too soon.

"Reggie: No ill will toward #colts. Just disappointed 'they didn't believe in me any more. They believed in me 3 years ago."

This really makes me feel awful...Reggie really wants to play one more year.

I think we need to add him to the 90 man roster and see if he can make the final 53...he might surprise everyone.

If fully healthy, he would be good as a possession receiver for 'moving the chains'.

There is such a thing as "Doing the right thing".