Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB Vick Ballard out for season w/ torn Achilles

MTC

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% lets see what happens this year if we had a remotely decent line things may have been different. Everyone likes to talk about Brown behind the same line but if you go back and look at the number of carries and compare the fronts TRich faced vs Brown you will see some of the reasons for the difference in there numbers. Also we had that load of crap we are a power running team mantra going on and we tried and teams knew we were going to try when Richardson was in the game, our offense was so predictable it was mid numbing in for the majority of the season. Hopefully we will be a little more inventive this year. I think we will pick someone up as guys get cut or we will pick up one of the FA vets that still want a shot. It is not time to panic but I like most really hate these training camp injuries.

Well said!

Not sure but I read where Brown contract was for 3 years at 10million and most players are overpaid . You would rather have no DEPTH ?and if Bradshaw goes down your going to wish you had overpaid BROWN

RB's are a dime a dozen for average talent like Brown.

Chris Rainey can fill his shoes and probably do it better.

Can I say the obvious? THANK you, Grigson, for trading for Trent. Only a fool would be dissing Trent at this point. Talk about lack of understanding.

I am sorry that Vick has to face this physical setback. I hope he gets another shot, because he sure as hell deserves it. But the move Grigson made that now covers this teams butt deserves some major props.

I guess I'm a fool then, because that trade is still horrible

RB's are a dime a dozen for average talent like Brown.

Chris Rainey can fill his shoes and probably do it better.

Brown new the system yes running backs are a dime a dozen that's why GRIGSON sent a first round pick for Richardson :headspin: he could not wait to get his dime a dozen RB and if Rainey is our next option :omg:

Brown new the system yes running backs are a dime a dozen that's why GRIGSON sent a first round pick for Richardson :headspin: he could not wait to get his dime a dozen RB and if Rainey is our next option :omg:

*Average* running backs, you missed the key word.

*Average* running backs, you missed the key word.

My point eactly Richardson is an average running back and now that Ballard is out we better hope Girgson does not give up another first round pick for and average running back considering there a dime a dozen in your words

Although I feel empathy for a young man who can't pursue his career, I don't think this a real setback for the Colts.

His performance since the knee surgery has not been tested, so we don't know if he even would have returned to normal anyway.

Without him last year, the Colts scored enough points in most games to win, provided the defense would have showed up in the first half.

Chris Rainey or Boom Herron can fill into the rotation behind Richardson and Bradshaw.

How is it ok to condemn the guy who came in and was basically forced to play the week he arrived and not knowing the playbook.  Calling him a failure is blatantly ignorant to the situation that he was placed in.  Plus you have the CONSISTENT failures of the O-line who constantly miss blocks and fail in their assignments.  Fleener, thornton, satele, and even castonza could not hold blocks for the life of them and Richardson made yards from nothing most of his time running.  The managments failures is putting together a decent O-line, not getting a decent RB.

Let this year be the judge if we have some sort of decent O-line.

I'm fine with giving Richardson this year to prove himself.   The guy was drafted 3rd overall.  

However, I don't think it is too much when people say he has been a bust so far.   He has.   The guy was the 3rd overall pick in the draft!   Time to put up or shut up.   I support him and hope he put in a good offseason to prove his worth.  

Man, that sucks for Ballard :(  I hated to hear of another season ending injury for him again this year.  Sure hope he can make it back next season ready and raring to go :)   Get well soon Vick !!!

Yes I sure hope the Colts give him one more shot.  From Pagano's press conference, it didn't sound like they had any intention of parting ways with him.

» In talking about Andrew Luck's Colts, former Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson declared, "I THINKarrow-10x10.png Trent Richardson and that run game will have a lot to do with the success of Andrew Luck. This is a big year for Trent Richardson and that run game." When asked if he believed in the third-year running back from Alabama, Robinson candidly replied, "I don't believe in Trent Richardson, I have to say it. I don't believe in him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000369531/article/inside-training-camp-live-whispers

Can we ask for Donald Brown back

For the love of God, please don't go there. Thank you very much. Just take a deep breath. We haven't even played a preseason game yet. 

We need a new Conditioning coach... this every year before (during) the season ever starts stuff is.....@%&$%&

Hey DB can you hear me now... you got Horizon??? 

I won't lie cs4. I wondered that for a brief second or 2. Not an indictment against Pagano's coaching staff at all just a concern. I do feel bad for Ballard though. Sorry man.

That is why I only drink bottled water. No torn achilles for this wizard.

gandalfin3d.jpg

Nice shades Gandalf. Does his horse ShadowFax have a righteous pair of equestrian shades too? Just curious...

» In talking about Andrew Luck's Colts, former Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson declared, "I THINKarrow-10x10.png Trent Richardson and that run game will have a lot to do with the success of Andrew Luck. This is a big year for Trent Richardson and that run game." When asked if he believed in the third-year running back from Alabama, Robinson candidly replied, "I don't believe in Trent Richardson, I have to say it. I don't believe in him."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000369531/article/inside-training-camp-live-whispers

Good point krunk. I expect TR to do a much better job running this year if the line can create holes & better penetration. Our ground game success rides solely on TR & Ballard anyway. So as long as they both stay healthy, INDY will be just fine. I respect TR's work ethic & attitude from last year. He's due for a breakout year & I have a good feeling about him this season. 

Brown didn't randomly show up, Brown actually stayed healthy, When stayed healthy he showed he could produce in a Scat Back type role

Yes Gavin, I will give you that. Donald Brown was always available, practiced excellent ball security, & he was the perfect teammate/model citizen. I will congratulate him for a great year last season in INDY & wish him well in California. Does he send happy chills down my spine? No, never. He's a decent back not a great one IMO. 

He's our new Bob Sanders.

That is a bit premature to make that comparison at this juncture yet. 

He had a really good first two years until injuries happened and our O Line went to hell

Darn right Gavin. Preach! 

Smh... He had no choice last year... He got hit behind the line of scrimmage 75% of the plays he got handed the ball...!

Thank you for that voice of reason Bravo4460! How quickly some fans forget crucial facts. I appreciate that.  :thmup: