Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carson Palmer To The Raiders For 2X 1St Round Picks (Merge)

If Carson commands two 1st rounders, I cant even imagine what Luck or Peyton would command to get him. I would love to entertain trade offers if we ended up with Luck.

Luck is unproven though. He has no NFL experience. The Julio Jones trade would probably be more indicative, as it was all within the draft.

The Bengals have traded quarterback Carson Palmer to the Raiders for a first-round pick in 2012, and a conditional first-round pick in 2013, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

News of the potential trade was first broken by Jay Glazer of FOX. Glazer reports that the 2013 pick is a second-round selection that can become a first-round pick

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbsrp

The other pick is a 2nd rder that could be a 1st rder. Its a conditional pick.

Ah, the post has been updated: <p class="yui3-widget yui3-articlemetadata" id="yui_3_3_0_2_13189543311841122">

• Liked: 0 | Comments: 590

• Published: Oct. 18, 2011 at 10:25 a.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 18, 2011 at 12:05 p.m.

When I first read it prior to the update there wasn't a mention of the conditional second pick so that's what I was unsure of. :)

wow.

is al davis still making the decisions there?

joking aside, i feel bad for jason campbell. he's played pretty well for that franchise and now it seems they're just gonna run with palmer.

That was my first thought that went through my head. Are we sure Al Davis is dead because this move smells of him.

Giving up potential two first round picks for a guy who has not been good in years?

There is absolutely no reason why Palmer should have even warranted one first round pick.

Raiders must have just panicked since Garrard could not be signed.