Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RGIII's Words to Romo at the End of the Game

Horseshoe

You do make a valid point Brent. Rivalries in the days of Deacon Jones for example were a lot more heated than they are now. I kind of miss that actually. Genuine disdain for another team, another city, another fan base, and another teams colors. Every athlete in the NFL seems too polite and cordial now. Naturally, I am not condoning violence that spills over into stadium seats or innocent bystanders per say. However, gritty dislike for a division rival seems to have significantly faded as the decades have passed by. Not an inditement overall...Just an observation.
Good posts by both of you. I think that once free agency started in '92, it slowly did away with the rivalries since so many players began to change teams more frequently and develop bonds off the field with all the different people they meet. Not to mention that the players' union and ownership have gradually changed into an us-against-them mentality. The rivalries now mainly exist between fans, though there are always exceptions of course, and there can still be animosity from select players or coaches that can fuel a rivalry, but I think the days of Steelers/Raiders or Cowboys/Redskins of the 70s are gone.

As for RG3 and Romo - NFL QBs are like a fraternity and I would be shocked if I heard Romo say he was offended by what Griff said. I can't think of anything Griffin has said since he came into the league that I would consider questionable. If people want to cherry pick and take things out of context, they can make anyone look bad.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are you?

Every watch Manning early in his career in the "Big Games?"

And here you are TOTALLY WRONG (once again), Peyton Manning prior to his SB win WAS THE MOST PUBLICLY CRITICIZED qb IN HE HISTORY OF THE NFL. The Crap Romo takes is not NEAR what Manning took from nearly every single media type in the country. Including Indy.

Q stop arguing on this board, you make yourself look sillier and sillier every day

I think the better question would be how old are you. Judging by your trivial complaints, inability to show even the slightest bit of empathy, and your often grammatically incorrect posts, I would bet that I'm older than you. haha And every QB faces criticism, but especially big market and particularly NFC East quarterbacks. You know this. Manning was criticized for entirely different reasons than Romo and has the respect of people all over the world regardless. Even comparing the two is ridiculous. I enjoy making people like you look as silly and biased as you really are.

You do make a valid point Brent. Rivalries in the days of Deacon Jones for example were a lot more heated than they are now. I kind of miss that actually. Genuine disdain for another team, another city, another fan base, and another teams colors. Every athlete in the NFL seems too polite and cordial now. Naturally, I am not condoning violence that spills over into stadium seats or innocent bystanders per say. However, gritty dislike for a division rival seems to have significantly faded as the decades have passed by. Not an inditement overall...Just an observation.

I just read this and the reply by stat2883.....and FireJim.....and it makes me miss football the way it was.  Yes FJC.....almost every hit by Too Tall, Deacon, and Lambert would have been a flag today and a possible $10,000 fine from 'above.'(Has there been an Otis Sistrunk siting???  :panic:

Yes to SW....as you say at times the  "NFL seems too polite and cordial now." (Don't say that to an unemployed Gregg Williams.) I mean it in terms of the lack of BITTER rivalries....not bounties.  Finally, Stat 2883 says with the evolution of "free agency" came the freedom to move freely to another team.....be careful whose hand you bite right?  :)  You might get the paycheck from them next year.   :funny: Oh the good old days.......I guess I will go watch The Longest Yard....for the 1 ga-zillionth time......Where is Ray Nitschke when ya need him?  :)

Peyton Manning prior to his SB win WAS THE MOST PUBLICLY CRITICIZED qb IN HE HISTORY OF THE NFL.      The Crap Romo takes is not NEAR what Manning took from nearly every single media type in the country.   Including Indy.

"In the history of the NFL?"

Slight exaggeration on your part, I hope. If not, two words: Mark Sanchez. ;)

He was criticized because his first few playoff games were utter debacles, and that had carried over from his championship-less days at Tennessee. I'm the first to credit him for turning it around in 2006 against the Pats, but c'mon... you have to admit, at one time in his career, the criticism was pretty warranted, no?

19-16 loss to Tennessee in '99 playoffs.

23-17 loss to Miami in 2000.

And then the 41-0 dookie stomping by the Jets a couple years later.

Point is, it didn't start well.

Another thing I find fascinating is the media willingness to appoint an athlete particularly QB's superstar icons before they have even done anything yet. Case in point, RG3, yes he athletically gifted, smart, & yes he just helped the Redskins acquire an NFC East Division title but I measure superstar QB's on longevity and years of success in the NFL. 

RG3 is a promising QB to watch sure, but it isn't as if he has won multiple SB's yet like Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, or Steve Young yet. 

Hey, your hate is showing. Might wanta get that fixed. What has he earned, you ask? Maybe you should ask the players he's faced this year. He was nearly undefeated in one of the toughest divisions in football, whether the Giants (who were supposed to be champs again this year, and who blew out and beat several opponents, including the 49ers) "imploded" or not. The last time I checked, the Cowboys and Giants are only two teams. Griffin led his team to enough very impressive victories to put them in the postseason. To even compare him to Michael Vick is an insult. To do so would be comparable to me comparing 12 to Painter. Since when does it take 5 years to earn respect? What if he wins 2 Super Bowls before then? Will he still not have respect because he hasn't played in the league long enough? Heck, with that logic, Roethlisberger didn't deserve respect even though he won the SB as a second year player. He has faced questions all year, and unfounded criticism from fans of all sorts of fanbases, including this one on this very board. People said that it was ridiculous that the Redskins gave up so much to get him and that it would backfire on them. People even say that he benefits from Morris and without him Griff would not be as successful, which is rubbish. Commercials, Gatorade, action figures, socks...yes, these are even the silliest of things that have been used against Griffin on this very board. His first injury warranted a " I told you so" thread and unwarranted flaming of even his slightest supporters who don't believe that he isn't a failed quarterback who can't do squat in this league. Eli and Romo get criticism for a reason...Eli for being horribly inconsistent and Romo for failing and blundering things when they really matter. They are veterans, and they were outplayed and ousted by a rookie QB who threw how many interceptions again? Was directly responsible for how many of his team's losses? Yes, you are biased, and just because the media believes that Griffin deserves ROY over 12 (which isn't a crime and is actually not a bad decision, by the way) you have to tear him down for it. 12 is not the only guy who has performed well this year, it's about time you gave the second pick in the Draft some credit. He has definitely earned it, and has no doubt earned respect for years to come.

To the first bolded section.  So has Wilson and Luck.  They have taken their teams to the playoffs as well.  Why is compairing him to vick an insult?  He is Vick 2.0 he's got a better arm, can run faster and can read defenses better.  Yet he's already missed games due to injury.  Instead of sliding he's getting himself hurt.

I used 5 years as an arbitrary number if he's won 2 sb's by then, then yes I will definately show him the respect he has earned.  I don't know if your lumping me in with everyone saying that the skins gave up to much.  To my recollection I have never mentioned what I thought about what the skins gave up.  As far as criticism, please show me what shows your are watching so I can see some of this criticism so I can see it, all I see is everybody from tweedle dum and tweedle dee on first take to almost every former NFL player fawn all over griffin.  if your looking to this board and saying were not gonna criticize you can't be serious, I bet if you ventured to any of the NFC East forums we would be considered vanilla.

To the second bolded part, please explain to me how that is rubbish?  How can a running game not make it easier on the QB?  Take Arian Foster away from the Texans, are the Texans easier to beat?  Who won the game against the cowboys?  Who was the biggest factor in that game?  You cannot honestly say it was Griffin, he was 8/18 for 100 yds and a td.  What was Morris stat line?  around 200 yds?  3td's

Like I said in my previous post the scheme fits him perfectly, and would have fit Vick just as well. 

To the third bolded part obviously that was a dig @ 12 and that's fine he did have alot of interceptions but didn't he throw down the field more than any other QB in the league as a rookie no less? 

I'm not gonna make this about luck vs. Griffin because we have had enough of those threads floating around.

Finally to the last bolded part, where did I tear him down?

Do I think he benefits from an outstanding RB, yes most definately

Do I think he benefits from a system where slight of hand and confusion helps him, again most definately

The guy is gifted but he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread as he is being touted.

Yes FJC & BrentMc11 those days of old NFL brutality are long gone now.

As Stat2883 so eloquently said, " I think that once free agency started in '92, it slowly did away with the rivalries since so many players began to change teams more frequently and develop bonds off the field with all the different people they meet. Not to mention that the players' union and ownership have gradually changed into an us-against-them mentality. The rivalries now mainly exist between fans, though there are always exceptions of course, and there can still be animosity from select players or coaches that can fuel a rivalry, but I think the days of Steelers/Raiders or Cowboys/Redskins of the 70s are gone."

Free Agency really dismantled intense rivalries among teams since unit dynasties among LB's, DE's, & pass rushers were not so easy to stay together for the vast majority of one's professional football career. Well said Stat 2883!  :thmup:

Overrated? That would be the Colts and their pansy schedule. Three NFC East were alive in Week 17. No AFC division can say that. And that's tough talk coming from a fan of the AFC South, the worst division of all time...No wonder Peyton was able to pad his regular season stats so much...

Hello Troll!  Nice to meet you! 

32855976_zpsde369c22.jpg

hehe...  I actually like the kid also...   he is simply over hyped and has made some totally STUPID comments.

Look all you bleeding hearts...    I am not Mr. Politically correct.     I believe in "earning your stripes"   But I guess in Mr Griff's status he has been given his.   

He has no business telling a 10 year vet how to feel after a tough loss.    Not one bit.    I feel it is inappropriate, considering the source.     I am not arguing pro or anti RG3 others can do that.    I am simply stating that it is not a "rookies" place to comfort a division rival after a loss.    ESP one who did nearly NOTHING to contribute to the win.  Except hand the ball off.

And Q...    please put me on ignore....    I am growing weary of clowning your night after night.

You are like a little puppy that just won't leave his masters shoe strings alone.......    :goodluck:

So you are comparing Manning to Sanchez?  

Sigh...   ANY Colt fan who was fan prior to 06 will back me up on this.    Manning was clowned every day on ESPN, local radio, and everywhere in between...  because Peyton could not win the "BIG ONE". ..  

How can anyone possibly deny this?   Manning was the "standard" for QB play in the regular season...  then the post season comes.    And Manning was what 3-6  prior to 06 with some truly horrific efforts.  

I find if funny how other teams "fans" are trying to educate a lifelong INDY Colt fan on my teams history.  

"In the history of the NFL?"

Slight exaggeration on your part, I hope. If not, two words: Mark Sanchez. ;)

He was criticized because his first few playoff games were utter debacles, and that had carried over from his championship-less days at Tennessee. I'm the first to credit him for turning it around in 2006 against the Pats, but c'mon... you have to admit, at one time in his career, the criticism was pretty warranted, no?

19-16 loss to Tennessee in '99 playoffs.

23-17 loss to Miami in 2000.

And then the 41-0 dookie stomping by the Jets a couple years later.

Point is, it didn't start well.

hehe...  I actually like the kid also...   he is simply over hyped and has made some totally STUPID comments.

Look all you bleeding hearts...    I am not Mr. Politically correct.     I believe in "earning your stripes"   But I guess in Mr Griff's status he has been given his.   

He has no business telling a 10 year vet how to feel after a tough loss.    Not one bit.    I feel it is inappropriate, considering the source.     I am not arguing pro or anti RG3 others can do that.    I am simply stating that it is not a "rookies" place to comfort a division rival after a loss.    ESP one who did nearly NOTHING to contribute to the win.  Except hand the ball off.

And Q...    please put me on ignore....    I am growing weary of clowning your night after night.

You are like a little puppy that just won't leave his masters shoe strings alone.......    :goodluck:

I'm with you on this one. RG3 is just totally carried away with himself. He's just a snot nosed kid right now and has no business making public comments to Rome after he stunk the joint up.  This kid thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. How bout the silly nonsense at the teams news conference ?

969bd_ORIG-lol_he_mad.jpg

To the first bolded section. So has Wilson and Luck. They have taken their teams to the playoffs as well. Why is compairing him to vick an insult? He is Vick 2.0 he's got a better arm, can run faster and can read defenses better. Yet he's already missed games due to injury. Instead of sliding he's getting himself hurt.

I used 5 years as an arbitrary number if he's won 2 sb's by then, then yes I will definately show him the respect he has earned. I don't know if your lumping me in with everyone saying that the skins gave up to much. To my recollection I have never mentioned what I thought about what the skins gave up. As far as criticism, please show me what shows your are watching so I can see some of this criticism so I can see it, all I see is everybody from tweedle dum and tweedle dee on first take to almost every former NFL player fawn all over griffin. if your looking to this board and saying were not gonna criticize you can't be serious, I bet if you ventured to any of the NFC East forums we would be considered vanilla.

To the second bolded part, please explain to me how that is rubbish? How can a running game not make it easier on the QB? Take Arian Foster away from the Texans, are the Texans easier to beat? Who won the game against the cowboys? Who was the biggest factor in that game? You cannot honestly say it was Griffin, he was 8/18 for 100 yds and a td. What was Morris stat line? around 200 yds? 3td's

Like I said in my previous post the scheme fits him perfectly, and would have fit Vick just as well.

To the third bolded part obviously that was a dig @ 12 and that's fine he did have alot of interceptions but didn't he throw down the field more than any other QB in the league as a rookie no less?

I'm not gonna make this about luck vs. Griffin because we have had enough of those threads floating around.

Finally to the last bolded part, where did I tear him down?

Do I think he benefits from an outstanding RB, yes most definately

Do I think he benefits from a system where slight of hand and confusion helps him, again most definately

The guy is gifted but he's not the greatest thing since sliced bread as he is being touted.

What do 12 or Wilson have to do with this discussion? They don't get criticized for supporting fellow QBs...

Comparing Griffin to Vick is stereotypical and, yes, an insult. Since when is Vick the measuring stick for quarterbacks who can take off? And don't give me the injury similarities because every player faces injury.

Answer me this: has 12 earned respect? What about late-round, too-short Russell Wilson? As far as criticism, I offered you the only kind I could think of. It means Griff isn't being criticized at all. In this day and age, it is nearly impossible for that to happen. That can only mean that the guy is playing mistake free or at least on such a good level that his success and good traits far outweigh the mistakes. Maybe that's why people have to take shots at every little thing he says. They have nothing to critique about his game, I suppose.

Again, you are using the last game of the season to measure Griffs overall play. He was injured. His own threat in the rushing game made Morris even more dangerous as defenses can't contain or blitz without fear of getting burned, by either the RB, or the QB passing or scrambling for a first down.

No, my interception comment was a compliment to Griffin, not an insult to 12, but your assumption of the latter is a great example of what I mean. A compliment to Griffin is not an insult to 12. It is okay to like both my friend.

hehe... I actually like the kid also... he is simply over hyped and has made some totally STUPID comments.

Look all you bleeding hearts... I am not Mr. Politically correct. I believe in "earning your stripes" But I guess in Mr Griff's status he has been given his.

He has no business telling a 10 year vet how to feel after a tough loss. Not one bit. I feel it is inappropriate, considering the source. I am not arguing pro or anti RG3 others can do that. I am simply stating that it is not a "rookies" place to comfort a division rival after a loss. ESP one who did nearly NOTHING to contribute to the win. Except hand the ball off.

And Q... please put me on ignore.... I am growing weary of clowning your night after night.

You are like a little puppy that just won't leave his masters shoe strings alone....... :goodluck:

hehe... I actually like the kid also... he is simply over hyped and has made some totally STUPID comments.

Look all you bleeding hearts... I am not Mr. Politically correct. I believe in "earning your stripes" But I guess in Mr Griff's status he has been given his.

He has no business telling a 10 year vet how to feel after a tough loss. Not one bit. I feel it is inappropriate, considering the source. I am not arguing pro or anti RG3 others can do that. I am simply stating that it is not a "rookies" place to comfort a division rival after a loss. ESP one who did nearly NOTHING to contribute to the win. Except hand the ball off.

And Q... please put me on ignore.... I am growing weary of clowning your night after night.

You are like a little puppy that just won't leave his masters shoe strings alone....... :goodluck:

Don't lie to yourself Dee. You don't like Griffin, that much has been obvious for a while now. I find it mildly interesting that when I grill you or give you a good lesson you ignore the post completely and resort to comments like this. It's okay. I don't blame you for being at a loss of words.

The ignore button is waiting for you. Have fun with it, but I don't take the easy way out of anything. I'll be more than happy continuing to give you a piece of reality.

Mad?   I am living the life.....      I can't state my opinion on the topic without a MOD now coming down on me now getting cute?   Poking funnies?   I've been given warnings for less.

And I get all the warnings for my sarcasm?    Which most of U mods don't get?   But are quick to point out?

Hey righteous one...     (Superman) why don't you just lock the thread if you don't like my line of thinking?  

YOU all are quoting me...  not he other way around.     

K......   :thmup:

Class act. Romo has been playing a lot better the last few seasons but you wouldn't know it cause everyone is too busy trying to pin every loss on him.

Seriously; go listen to Cowboy fans. I am not lying, they wanted to trade Romo for Tebow last season. Romo has no protection, no run game, and he hits a perfect laser pass while being sandwiched by 2 or 3 defensive players and right after that the typical Dallas fan "We need to get rid of him"

Romo is NOT the problem. It's pretty hard to do anything when your owner runs the team and loves to control every single thing about it. Dallas would have probably won 2 or even 3 more Super Bowls if Jerry Jones' ego wasn't so big and he didn't push Jimmy Johnson out the picture.

Mad?   I am living the life.....      I can't state my opinion on the topic without a MOD now coming down on me now getting cute?   Poking funnies?   I've been given warnings for less.

And I get all the warnings for my sarcasm?    Which most of U mods don't get?   But are quick to point out?

Hey righteous one...     (Superman) why don't you just lock the thread if you don't like my line of thinking?  

YOU all are quoting me...  not he other way around.     

K......   :thmup:

I'm just poking fun, John Dee.

On a serious note, if you review the rules, you'll see that my little attempt at humor was not in violation. I didn't intend for you to take it seriously, as you already stated very matter of factly that you're NOT mad. You'll also note that there's no reason to lock the thread, per the rules. I don't lock threads just because I don't like the line of thinking of one of the posters in the thread. If that were the case, this board would be a lot less fun.

That said, it is very strange to me that you have such a problem with what most people consider to be good sportsmanship. I wish we were privy to the little comments that quarterbacks share with each other after the game (it's part of the reason I think the Facebook conversations are so funny, even though they're not board appropriate). But I don't think most people can handle that kind of behind the scenes stuff, and this is why. I don't think Griffin is the first rookie to ever say something like that to a veteran quarterback, and I don't think there's anything at all wrong with it. You obviously disagree, and that's fine, but I can't wrap my mind around it. I think you're being unreasonable, and again, that's fine, but what happens if you find out that Luck said the same thing to Brady Quinn after the Chiefs game? Does it matter?

Because I think your position is so out of whack on this, I decided to rib you a little. Sorry if you took that the wrong way, but it wasn't meant to be personal. But you're not going to agree with me on this topic, and I'm not going to agree with you. That's just fine with me. We might agree on other things, and won't that be awesome? Meantime, enjoy "living the life." I'm gonna enjoy the playoffs.

I wonder if Griffin is allowed to utter words of praise to fellow rookie Russell Wilson after their game this weekend. Or is there a code of silence?

I'm just poking fun, John Dee.

On a serious note, if you review the rules, you'll see that my little attempt at humor was not in violation. I didn't intend for you to take it seriously, as you already stated very matter of factly that you're NOT mad. You'll also note that there's no reason to lock the thread, per the rules. I don't lock threads just because I don't like the line of thinking of one of the posters in the thread. If that were the case, this board would be a lot less fun.

That said, it is very strange to me that you have such a problem with what most people consider to be good sportsmanship. I wish we were privy to the little comments that quarterbacks share with each other after the game (it's part of the reason I think the Facebook conversations are so funny, even though they're not board appropriate). But I don't think most people can handle that kind of behind the scenes stuff, and this is why. I don't think Griffin is the first rookie to ever say something like that to a veteran quarterback, and I don't think there's anything at all wrong with it. You obviously disagree, and that's fine, but I can't wrap my mind around it. I think you're being unreasonable, and again, that's fine, but what happens if you find out that Luck said the same thing to Brady Quinn after the Chiefs game? Does it matter?

Because I think your position is so out of whack on this, I decided to rib you a little. Sorry if you took that the wrong way, but it wasn't meant to be personal. But you're not going to agree with me on this topic, and I'm not going to agree with you. That's just fine with me. We might agree on other things, and won't that be awesome? Meantime, enjoy "living the life." I'm gonna enjoy the playoffs.

I wonder if Griffin is allowed to utter words of praise to fellow rookie Russell Wilson after their game this weekend. Or is there a code of silence?

My question would be how did this get out ? I would be willing to bet that it didn't come from Tony Romo but from RG3. Taking this at face value , what you say is true. It's no big deal for 1 QB to say something nice to another QB. On the other hand if RG comes out and says " I told Romo etc.. etc , I think he is a bit carried away with himself. 

You must not remember Manning had this game won, and Vadershank missed the game winner. Then the Dolphins scored on the first possession in OT. ESPN still made it out to Manning's fault.

Your correct that PM played well in that game. Didn't maybe Pathon (?) drop a TD pass to boot. 

My question would be how did this get out ? I would be willing to bet that it didn't come from Tony Romo but from RG3. Taking this at face value , what you say is true. It's no big deal for 1 QB to say something nice to another QB. On the other hand if RG comes out and says " I told Romo etc.. etc , I think he is a bit carried away with himself. 

It was on Inside the NFL on Showtime..  Live footage...

Next in the What do QB's say to each other series..

leghorn2.jpg

You must not remember Manning had this game won, and Vadershank missed the game winner. Then the Dolphins scored on the first possession in OT. ESPN still made it out to Manning's fault.

Your correct that PM played well in that game. Didn't maybe Pathon (?) drop a TD pass to boot. 

Didn't Mora channel Caldwell on a horrible call/decision either right before OT, or in  OT.  EIther declining a penalty or something weird... Off to the gamebook to look.. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/02/rgiii-told-tony-romo-hes-great-quarterback/1805227/

According to that, NFL Films captured the audio.

But some have a hard time hearing something about Robert Griffin III and not imputing bad motives. I'm not talking about ANYONE in particular, but I'm sure we'd all agree that there's a distaste for Griffin in some circles. We've all heard him called "cocky," "arrogant," "flashy," "full of himself," etc. Maybe all of that is true; I don't think so, but maybe it is. He's a professional athlete playing a high profile position, and has been showered with accolades for the past two years, including a Heisman trophy; it's not hard to be believe that he's cocky and sure of himself.

It's just strange that something like this, something I think is pretty routine in the NFL, would illicit such a negative response. If Griffin had said "Romo, tell me how my *** tastes," I'd get the backlash. This? I think it's perfectly fine.

Yep, right before Mike missed the FG in OT. Declined an encroachment I think.

mora.jpg

He did, in overtime.  3&12 18&88 hook up on a 11 yard pass to 31.... Accepting the penalty would have given them 3&7 from the 37. He declines it to set Shank up with a 49 yarder.. Snap, spot, kick.......Missed... Miami drives it down the field... Ballgame..

mora.jpg

He did, in overtime.  3&12 18&88 hook up on a 11 yard pass to 31.... Accepting the penalty would have given them 3&7 from the 37. He declines it to set Shank up with a 49 yarder.. Snap, spot, kick.......Missed... Miami drives it down the field... Ballgame..

Yep he blew his only playoff win ever.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/02/rgiii-told-tony-romo-hes-great-quarterback/1805227/

According to that, NFL Films captured the audio.

But some have a hard time hearing something about Robert Griffin III and not imputing bad motives. I'm not talking about ANYONE in particular, but I'm sure we'd all agree that there's a distaste for Griffin in some circles. We've all heard him called "cocky," "arrogant," "flashy," "full of himself," etc. Maybe all of that is true; I don't think so, but maybe it is. He's a professional athlete playing a high profile position, and has been showered with accolades for the past two years, including a Heisman trophy; it's not hard to be believe that he's cocky and sure of himself.

It's just strange that something like this, something I think is pretty routine in the NFL, would illicit such a negative response. If Griffin had said "Romo, tell me how my *** tastes," I'd get the backlash. This? I think it's perfectly fine.

If he was miked and that's how this came out , then I agree that's it's no big deal. I don't necessarily think those were the best thought out words to give to Romo , but I'll agree that it's a nit pick for sure if these were just spur of the moment remarks after the game. I was under the impression that RG3 revealed a day or so after the game that these were his remarks to Romo.

If all fairness, Vandy was 3-3 prior to that kick and hit a 50 yarder... It was make-able, but it was still a questionable call.

Not a real hard kick as I remember ... there was a nice little breeze at his back. I believe he hit about 6 inches behind the ball and missed almost as badly as he did indoors vs Pitt. For a guy that was so accurate , he missed some big pressure kicks. How about the exhibition he put on in that Monday night comeback vs TB ?

If he was miked and that's how this came out , then I agree that's it's no big deal. I don't necessarily think those were the best thought out words to give to Romo , but I'll agree that it's a nit pick for sure if these were just spur of the moment remarks after the game. I was under the impression that RG3 revealed a day or so after the game that these were his remarks to Romo.

Oh definitely, I wouldn't have said this to Romo, because it would have been a lie. But I don't think Griffin was out of place in any way.

Not a real hard kick as I remember ... there was a nice little breeze at his back. I believe he hit about 6 inches behind the ball and missed almost as badly as he did indoors vs Pitt. For a guy that was so accurate , he missed some big pressure kicks. How about the exhibition he put on in that Monday night comeback vs TB ?

He made some big kicks in the snow in Denver one day. He made some big kicks, but he missed some bigger kicks. I don't know if it was nerves, but to be so accurate for the most part he just didn't have it when it counted at times. 

So you are comparing Manning to Sanchez?  

Sigh...   ANY Colt fan who was fan prior to 06 will back me up on this.    Manning was clowned every day on ESPN, local radio, and everywhere in between...  because Peyton could not win the "BIG ONE". ..  

How can anyone possibly deny this?   Manning was the "standard" for QB play in the regular season...  then the post season comes.    And Manning was what 3-6  prior to 06 with some truly horrific efforts.  

I find if funny how other teams "fans" are trying to educate a lifelong INDY Colt fan on my teams history.  

I have to totally agree with John Dee on this. GoPats chose a terrible example of Mark Sanchez, AFC East tunnel vision, IMO. The focus on Mark Sanchez actually amplified once Tim Tebow came along but there wasn't much expected from Mark Sanchez based on what he did in the regular season, to expect much at all in the postseason. He had a good 2 year run with Rex riding his D and running game but comparing him to Peyton is a travesty.

Peyton had shown enough in the regular season for years for fans to have higher expectations in the postseason, not so with Mark Sanchez in any of his years.

Plus, how long did it take Bill Polian to fix the run D, and did it ever get fixed? One playoff run let him off the hook, IMO. I do dearly hope Grigson and Pagano address our run D to be stout. One thing you have always admired about the Pats, Steelers and Ravens the last decade is their stout front 7 (though this year, the Ravens have slacked off) vs the run.

Points are at a premium in the playoffs and when you let Eddie George and Lamar Hunt (who was he again after that Dolphins playoff game?) run for 150+ yards or so, you are not going to dictate much tempo in a playoff game, far worse than a regular season game where you might face much inferior Ds that you can make up for it.