Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RGIII's Words to Romo at the End of the Game

Horseshoe

Eli: You wanna come over and see my two rings?

Romo: Oh can I!!!

Eli: Yes I will even let you try one on.

Romo: You're my best NFC East rival friend Eli!

haha

Romo: Inserts SB ring on finger

Eli: It fits you well, you look like a true champion for the moment.

Romo: It's stuck!!!

Eli: ???!!??? Your fingers are too fat!!!

2 hours later...

Romo: Missing finger

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey kids It's just my opinion...

My pannies and boxers are not in a bunch so don't get you allz in one either...   ..    :)  I simply feel it's disrespectful. 

As far as I am concerned after this weekend ALL NFC EAST TEAMS will be put out of their over rated misery..

Guess I'm old fashioned....        hehee...    Wonder what the reaction would have been if Peyton got those soothing words of encouragement from the ROOK?    hehe   hmmmmmmm?

A rookie who has earned more respect and renown in one season that Romo wishes he had. Go figure.

How has he earned the respect?  By beating a sub-par Dallas team that always flops in the crunch time?  By the Giants completely imploding until the last game of the season?  The reason he has become so renown is because of the media firestorm that has fawned over him for the entire year is how he is becoming renowned.  Then to top it off you have * "journalists" calling him a "cornball brother" <--which I still don't know what that means. 

If he is doing the same types of things 5 years from now, then yeah respect will be "earned" but from my viewpoint he is Vick 2.0 with a better coaching staff and scheme.

He's done more than his fair share already I think. He faced plenty of criticism before coming into the league and still faces it now. The only QBs that aren't criticized would be Brady, Rodgers, and the aforementioned Manning but I digress. All Griffin said was that Romo is a great QB and not to let anyone tell him otherwise. If he had said Keep your head up, I'm awesome and the people are right about you, well, that would've been different.

What criticism has he faced?  What is he facing now?  He is the NFL darling.  There's no doubting the guy is good, his athleticism is amazing and he understands his system well but I don't see any critcism that comes his way.  Nowhere near what someone like Romo has gotten or Eli, Rothlesberger(sp).  Hell most pundits have already dubbed him ROY and alot of them would take him over Luck.  Honestly I have seen more criticism of Luck than him.  Yes i am biased, but i'm not ignorant either. 

Every one...  (media) keeps praising RG3 for his "maturity" ... 

"practice Is easier than the game"

"the Rams should be more professional" ...  

and now another jem after a hard loss he ....  (A ROOKIE, who was 8-18 for 100 yards and bunny rushing TD thanks to Morris's hard work)  Tells Tomy Romo not to worry...     hehee....

Oh Lordy...    I am sorry, this kid is FAR from a finished product mentally.    He thinks he is entitled to a seat at the big boy table when in reality he isn't even in the parking lot yet.      His EGO is so far inflated... 

I really hope Seattle puts it on Washington Sunday.    I am just so sick of the greatness that is RG3.

JMO>>>>>>    and if you don't feel it...   :whatever:

And here I was thinking I was alone all season.

I remember seeing Sound FX with Colt McCoy mic'd up his rookie year. He played the Steelers in week 17 and got killed. After the game, Ben came up to him and basically said "stick with it" and that he would get there eventually. Although these weren't the same words Bob Griffin used, it is similar situation. The exception, of course, is that the QB that is still wet behind the ears said it to a 3-time Pro Bowler and 10 year vet.

How has he earned the respect?  By beating a sub-par Dallas team that always flops in the crunch time?  By the Giants completely imploding until the last game of the season?  The reason he has become so renown is because of the media firestorm that has fawned over him for the entire year is how he is becoming renowned.  Then to top it off you have * "journalists" calling him a "cornball brother" <--which I still don't know what that means. 

If he is doing the same types of things 5 years from now, then yeah respect will be "earned" but from my viewpoint he is Vick 2.0 with a better coaching staff and scheme.

What criticism has he faced?  What is he facing now?  He is the NFL darling.  There's no doubting the guy is good, his athleticism is amazing and he understands his system well but I don't see any critcism that comes his way.  Nowhere near what someone like Romo has gotten or Eli, Rothlesberger(sp).  Hell most pundits have already dubbed him ROY and alot of them would take him over Luck.  Honestly I have seen more criticism of Luck than him.  Yes i am biased, but i'm not ignorant either. 

Hey, your hate is showing. Might wanta get that fixed. What has he earned, you ask? Maybe you should ask the players he's faced this year. He was nearly undefeated in one of the toughest divisions in football, whether the Giants (who were supposed to be champs again this year, and who blew out and beat several opponents, including the 49ers) "imploded" or not. The last time I checked, the Cowboys and Giants are only two teams. Griffin led his team to enough very impressive victories to put them in the postseason. To even compare him to Michael Vick is an insult. To do so would be comparable to me comparing 12 to Painter. Since when does it take 5 years to earn respect? What if he wins 2 Super Bowls before then? Will he still not have respect because he hasn't played in the league long enough? Heck, with that logic, Roethlisberger didn't deserve respect even though he won the SB as a second year player. He has faced questions all year, and unfounded criticism from fans of all sorts of fanbases, including this one on this very board. People said that it was ridiculous that the Redskins gave up so much to get him and that it would backfire on them. People even say that he benefits from Morris and without him Griff would not be as successful, which is rubbish. Commercials, Gatorade, action figures, socks...yes, these are even the silliest of things that have been used against Griffin on this very board. His first injury warranted a " I told you so" thread and unwarranted flaming of even his slightest supporters who don't believe that he isn't a failed quarterback who can't do squat in this league. Eli and Romo get criticism for a reason...Eli for being horribly inconsistent and Romo for failing and blundering things when they really matter. They are veterans, and they were outplayed and ousted by a rookie QB who threw how many interceptions again? Was directly responsible for how many of his team's losses? Yes, you are biased, and just because the media believes that Griffin deserves ROY over 12 (which isn't a crime and is actually not a bad decision, by the way) you have to tear him down for it. 12 is not the only guy who has performed well this year, it's about time you gave the second pick in the Draft some credit. He has definitely earned it, and has no doubt earned respect for years to come.

Hey kids It's just my opinion...

My pannies and boxers are not in a bunch so don't get you allz in one either...   ..    :)  I simply feel it's disrespectful. 

As far as I am concerned after this weekend ALL NFC EAST TEAMS will be put out of their over rated misery..

Guess I'm old fashioned....        hehee...    Wonder what the reaction would have been if Peyton got those soothing words of encouragement from the ROOK?    hehe   hmmmmmmm?

Peyton wouldn't have performed the same as Romo, nor has he ever been nearly as criticized (rightfully so, I might add) as Romo, so your argument is moot. Griffin would not have the same words for Manning as he would for Romo, obviously, so no need to pull that card.

Hey, your hate is showing. Might wanta get that fixed. What has he earned, you ask? Maybe you should ask the players he's faced this year. He was nearly undefeated in one of the toughest divisions in football, whether the Giants (who were supposed to be champs again this year, and who blew out and beat several opponents, including the 49ers) "imploded" or not. The last time I checked, the Cowboys and Giants are only two teams. Griffin led his team to enough very impressive victories to put them in the postseason. To even compare him to Michael Vick is an insult. To do so would be comparable to me comparing 12 to Painter. Since when does it take 5 years to earn respect? What if he wins 2 Super Bowls before then? Will he still not have respect because he hasn't played in the league long enough? Heck, with that logic, Roethlisberger didn't deserve respect even though he won the SB as a second year player. He has faced questions all year, and unfounded criticism from fans of all sorts of fanbases, including this one on this very board. People said that it was ridiculous that the Redskins gave up so much to get him and that it would backfire on them. People even say that he benefits from Morris and without him Griff would not be as successful, which is rubbish. Commercials, Gatorade, action figures, socks...yes, these are even the silliest of things that have been used against Griffin on this very board. His first injury warranted a " I told you so" thread and unwarranted flaming of even his slightest supporters who don't believe that he isn't a failed quarterback who can't do squat in this league. Eli and Romo get criticism for a reason...Eli for being horribly inconsistent and Romo for failing and blundering things when they really matter. They are veterans, and they were outplayed and ousted by a rookie QB who threw how many interceptions again? Was directly responsible for how many of his team's losses? Yes, you are biased, and just because the media believes that Griffin deserves ROY over 12 (which isn't a crime and is actually not a bad decision, by the way) you have to tear him down for it. 12 is not the only guy who has performed well this year, it's about time you gave the second pick in the Draft some credit. He has definitely earned it, and has no doubt earned respect for years to come.

I think many on "this very board" would agree that your statement works both ways. RG3 isn't the only guy who has performed well this year, it's about time you gave the FIRST pick in the Draft some credit. Instead, we are told week in and week out that RG3 can walk on water and that Andrew Luck "puts his team in the situations that warrant a comeback win so they are not as impressive". I also think that many on this board (it being a Colts fan message board, after all) are sore at the fact that RG3 declined a private workout with the Colts prior to the draft. This was, mind you, around the same time that he told the media that he should be considered for the top pick in the draft. If you want the job so bad, why not interview for it?

I think many on "this very board" would agree that your statement works both ways. RG3 isn't the only guy who has performed well this year, it's about time you gave the FIRST pick in the Draft some credit. Instead, we are told week in and week out that RG3 can walk on water and that Andrew Luck "puts his team in the situations that warrant a comeback win so they are not as impressive". I also think that many on this board (it being a Colts fan message board, after all) are sore at the fact that RG3 declined a private workout with the Colts prior to the draft. This was, mind you, around the same time that he told the media that he should be considered for the top pick in the draft. If you want the job so bad, why not interview for it?

The First pick in the Draft should theoretically perform better, right? Since, you know, the team who chose first thought he was better. 12 has gotten his fair share of credit both around the league and here, where even slight criticism of him will warrant questions of fanhood or accusations of trolling. No one brings up Griffin but the people who start threads like this. If you didn't bring up and patronize him so much, then posters defending him would not pop up. Cause and effect. Colt message board or not, this is the NFL General section, where people can be (or should be) allowed to express opinions objectively about any team and not have to worry about being flamed. And that workout is only one of the reasons a lot of Colts fans (not all, mind you) seem to hate Griffin. The others I'm not going to even get into. I'm sure he declined because everyone and their mother knew that the Colts were going to choose "the next best since Elway." And who wouldn't want to be considered as the first pick in the draft? You wanted him to brag about being second best, or third best?  " Yeah, Andy's better than me, but I'm going second and that's where I belong."  Griffin cannot win with some people. It's past the point of ridiculousness.

The First pick in the Draft should theoretically perform better, right? Since, you know, the team who chose first thought he was better. 12 has gotten his fair share of credit both around the league and here, where even slight criticism of him will warrant questions of fanhood or accusations of trolling. No one brings up Griffin but the people who start threads like this. If you didn't bring up and patronize him so much, then posters defending him would not pop up. Cause and effect. Colt message board or not, this is the NFL General section, where people can be (or should be) allowed to express opinions objectively about any team and not have to worry about being flamed. And that workout is only one of the reasons a lot of Colts fans (not all, mind you) seem to hate Griffin. The others I'm not going to even get into. I'm sure he declined because everyone and their mother knew that the Colts were going to choose "the next best since Elway." And who wouldn't want to be considered as the first pick in the draft? You wanted him to brag about being second best, or third best?  " Yeah, Andy's better than me, but I'm going second and that's where I belong."  Griffin cannot win with some people. It's past the point of ridiculousness.

I think your "sarcasm" button is broken or something. Chill out Texan. Breathe. Do you need to sit down? Both QBs went to systems that work their respective strengths, and both play this weekend. Everybody wins. Bringing up the "Colt message board" part, it is simply to draw attention to WHY there are sentiments such as the ones mentioned being brought up. 

You aren't crying.... are you?

Calm down. It's alright.

I think your "sarcasm" button is broken or something. Chill out Texan. Breathe. Do you need to sit down? Both QBs went to systems that work their respective strengths, and both play this weekend. Everybody wins. Bringing up the "Colt message board" part, it is simply to draw attention to WHY there are sentiments such as the ones mentioned being brought up. 

You aren't crying.... are you?

Calm down. It's alright.

No I'm not crying. I've actually been laughing at the quality of threads like this. There are a few here that are well known as RG Haters and it's no surprise that this thread popped up. It's comedy.

No I'm not crying. I've actually been laughing at the quality of threads like this. There are a few here that are well known as RG Haters and it's no surprise that this thread popped up. It's comedy.

haha that's all we can ask for. I usually go to profootballtalk for my humor. That site is on par with The Onion, swear to God.

I believe RG meant well but before you say something, anything to someone you just beat you may want to double check yourself because what you "intend" often times is not what is "percieved". I see it as "you screwed up but you're still a good QB". Who needs that!?

Overrated? That would be the Colts and their pansy schedule. Three NFC East were alive in Week 17. No AFC division can say that. And that's tough talk coming from a fan of the AFC South, the worst division of all time...No wonder Peyton was able to pad his regular season stats so much...

I'm just trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with what Griff said.
There is nothing wrong what he said. Some Colts fan on this board are just looking for flaws in RG3. He was being humble. You see it every game opposing Qb's and opposing coaches talking to each other after games. Im sure Luck has done it but he wasnt mic'd up so we don't know what he said.

RG3 can say anything he wishes after a win or loss......who cares?  Washington Redskins/Dallas Cowboys?????  Does that mean ANYTHING to football fans?  This is arguably the most bitter rivalry in the history of American Football.  The 70s and 80s teams would have been rumbling on the sidelines after a game. (Even under Coach Gibbs :))

I wish there were more rivalries in today's game.....not near as 'chippy' as it used to be.....seeing a toothless Jack Lambert being held/mobbed by Dallas center Center Tom Rafferty.....Too Tall Jones, Harvey Martin and Randy White doing a  :HFire: after Terry Bradshaw and Franco Harris.....wow was that fun.

The ESPN Radio/Skip Bayless club make mountains out of mole-hills.....RG3 is a competitor...... to me there could be a 'zillion things' he could have said a LOT more condescending.....they are...ya know.....division rivals!   ;)  :funny:

The only thing wrong with what RGIII said is that he called Romo "great."  ;) 

More accurately, he would have said, "You're one of the best of the non-elite QBs in the league, man. Don't listen to what people say."

I kid, but... c'mon. It could have come off as a little condescending, but you have to look past that and understand the spirit of what RGIII was saying to Romo. He's coming off the field in a game where he threw THREE soul-crushing, game-changing interceptions. The kid was just trying to show some class and be respectful toward a veteran. Don't condemn him if he could have worded it more subtly or whatever. He meant well. That's kind of all that matters here.

Overrated? That would be the Colts and their pansy schedule. Three NFC East were alive in Week 17. No AFC division can say that. And that's tough talk coming from a fan of the AFC South, the worst division of all time...No wonder Peyton was able to pad his regular season stats so much...

dislike_sm.jpg

There is nothing wrong what he said. Some Colts fan on this board are just looking for flaws in RG3. He was being humble. You see it every game opposing Qb's and opposing coaches talking to each other after games. Im sure Luck has done it but he wasnt mic'd up so we don't know what he said.

Well put

RG3 can say anything he wishes after a win or loss......who cares?  Washington Redskins/Dallas Cowboys?????  Does that mean ANYTHING to football fans?  This is arguably the most bitter rivalry in the history of American Football.  The 70s and 80s teams would have been rumbling on the sidelines after a game. (Even under Coach Gibbs :))

I wish there were more rivalries in today's game.....not near as 'chippy' as it used to be.....seeing a toothless Jack Lambert being held/mobbed by Dallas center Center Tom Rafferty.....Too Tall Jones, Harvey Martin and Randy White doing a  :HFire: after Terry Bradshaw and Franco Harris.....wow was that fun.

The ESPN Radio/Skip Bayless club make mountains out of mole-hills.....RG3 is a competitor...... to me there could be a 'zillion things' he could have said a LOT more condescending.....they are...ya know.....division rivals!   ;)  :funny:

You do make a valid point Brent. Rivalries in the days of Deacon Jones for example were a lot more heated than they are now. I kind of miss that actually. Genuine disdain for another team, another city, another fan base, and another teams colors. Every athlete in the NFL seems too polite and cordial now. Naturally, I am not condoning violence that spills over into stadium seats or innocent bystanders per say. However, gritty dislike for a division rival seems to have significantly faded as the decades have passed by. Not an inditement overall...Just an observation.

You do make a valid point Brent. Rivalries in the days of Deacon Jones for example were a lot more heated than they are now. I kind of miss that actually. Genuine disdain for another team, another city, another fan base, and another teams colors. Every athlete in the NFL seems too polite and cordial now. Naturally, I am not condoning violence that spills over into stadium seats or innocent bystanders per say. However, gritty dislike for a division rival seems to have significantly faded as the decades have passed by. Not an inditement overall...Just an observation.

Those days are long gone. A player would be grilled in the media for being rough like Jones, Lambert or Joe Greene..  I'm guessing if someone tossed a kicker around like Lambert did , they'd get a suspension. 

Patriots also beat only 3 winning teams, I guess they're overrated too? Stop waisting your time, you have no credibility here.

That might get me a warning but its true, I bet half of us have already hit the ignore button. No credibility what so ever.

How old are you?  

Every watch Manning early in his career in the "Big Games?"   

And  here you are TOTALLY WRONG (once again), Peyton Manning prior to his SB win WAS THE MOST PUBLICLY CRITICIZED qb IN HE HISTORY OF THE NFL.      The Crap Romo takes is not NEAR what Manning took from nearly every single media type in the country.   Including Indy.

Q stop arguing on this board, you make yourself look sillier and sillier every day

Peyton wouldn't have performed the same as Romo, nor has he ever been nearly as criticized (rightfully so, I might add) as Romo, so your argument is moot. Griffin would not have the same words for Manning as he would for Romo, obviously, so no need to pull that card.

Rodgers or Brady would have ....

If I'm Romo, I'm probably going "angry video game kid" on RG3. I'm sure Romo didn't have any second thought's about it.

Honestly I wouldn't have minded if they had talked trash and told each other off, but that's me.

goodgamerook.jpg

That was awesome...i laughed my butt off

How old are you?  

Every watch Manning early in his career in the "Big Games?"   

And  here you are TOTALLY WRONG (once again), Peyton Manning prior to his SB win WAS THE MOST PUBLICLY CRITICIZED qb IN HE HISTORY OF THE NFL.      The Crap Romo takes is not NEAR what Manning took from nearly every single media type in the country.   Including Indy.

Q stop arguing on this board, you make yourself look sillier and sillier every day

I  hate the cowboys but you are wrong here. Being the Qb for the Dallas Cowboys is alot more demanding and stressfull then being the QB of most teams. If they lose he gets hammered. It wasnt his fault they lost Sunday how about the Defense getting gashed on the ground. He was the reason they had a shot at the division not the problem. I hate that your making me defend Romo...lol