Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

to those that are critical of hilton here is how he stacks up to other rookie colt receivers

Stephen

Hilton 24 rec 355 yards 2 tds

harrison 64 rec 836 yards 8 tds

wayne 27 rec 345 yards 0 tds

gonzalez 37 rec 576 yards 7 tds

collie 60 rec 676 yards 7tds

by the end of the year he should have more catches than gonzalez and around 600 yards I think. He will improve alot more his second year after him and luck work together during offseason

TY may be the best rookie WR in this draft class. He's the only one with a 100 yard game (he has two) and he is so versatile.

if he was in a major conference like the big 12 or SEC he most likely would have been a low 1st mid 2nd round pick. but he was in the SunBelt and thats when scouting comes in and Grigson did his thing in finding him and grading him the way he did as opposed to his conference he played in

TY may be the best rookie WR in this draft class. He's the only one with a 100 yard game (he has two) and he is so versatile.

I agree. i felt once we called his name. that we may have found a sleeper. he does have lapses in concentration obviously. but that will/should change as his career goes on. Glad we have him instead of Mr. Blackmon i saw overrated on him pretty early.

Wright is having a great year with the Titans, leading them in most receiving stats. And Gordon from Cleveland is also doing well. Compared to the 12 WRs drafted ahead of him (not to mention the three TEs drafted ahead of him), TY is doing very well. Plus, TY is a third WR, unlike counterparts Blackmon, Floyd, or Wright, who were brought in to be 'the guy'. But on numbers alone, Wright might walk away from this draft class this season. 43 catches and 4 TDs so far for Wright.

Wright is having a great year with the Titans, leading them in most receiving stats. And Gordon from Cleveland is also doing well. Compared to the 12 WRs drafted ahead of him (not to mention the three TEs drafted ahead of him), TY is doing very well. Plus, TY is a third WR, unlike counterparts Blackmon, Floyd, or Wright, who were brought in to be 'the guy'. But on numbers alone, Wright might walk away from this draft class this season. 43 catches and 4 TDs so far for Wright.

haha None of the guys you talked about are their teams #1 WRs! Blackmon is his team's #3! Wright also has a drops problem. TY may not be the best rookie WR, but not because of any of the reasons you listed. Blackmon was brought in to be "the guy", but he has sucked. Wright was definitely not drafted to be "the guy", and Floyd is on the same team as Larry Fitzgerald, who has the go-to WR title locked up.

This actually looks good for TY, Allen, and Fleener:

Receptions

1. Kendall Wright WR, Tennessee Titans – 43

2. Trent Richardson RB, Cleveland Browns – 31

3. Justin Blackmon WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 26

4. Dwayn Allen TE, Indianapolis Colts – 25

5. T.Y. Hilton WR, Indianapolis Colts – 24

6. Doug Martin RB, Tampa Bay Bucs – 23

7. Coby Fleener TE, Indianapolis Colts – 21

8. Josh Gordon WR, Cleveland Browns – 19

9. Michael Floyd WR, Arizona Cardinals – 18

10. Rod Streater WR, Oakland Raiders – 17

Receiving Yards

1. Josh Gordon WR, Cleveland Browns – 417

2. Kendall Wright WR, Tennessee Titans – 366

3. T.Y. Hilton WR, Indianapolis Colts – 355

4. Chris Givens WR, St. Louis Rams – 331

5. Doug Martin RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 296

6. Dwayne Allen TE, Indianapolis Colts – 280

7. Justin Blackmon WR, Jacksonville Jaguars – 250

8. Trent Richardson RB, Cleveland Browns – 240

9. Coby Fleener TE, Indianapolis Colts – 222

10. Michael Floyd WR, Arizona Cardinals – 207

haha None of the guys you talked about are their teams #1 WRs! Blackmon is his team's #3! Wright also has a drops problem. TY may not be the best rookie WR, but not because of any of the reasons you listed. Blackmon was brought in to be "the guy", but he has sucked. Wright was definitely not drafted to be "the guy", and Floyd is on the same team as Larry Fitzgerald, who has the go-to WR title locked up.

I agree with you 100% - I wasn't using Blackmon and Floyd's failings in support of why TY might not be the best rookie WR this season, to the contrary, I was pointing out how great he is doing compared to players with much bigger pub, picked much higher etc. I also agree that Blackmon isn't the teams #1, which is why the Jags continue to stink year after year. He should be. He was the 5th overall pick, so he better become the #1 guy, or it was a completely blown pick. The point is, TY is asked to do far different things than Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, and others. Picks 5, 13, and 20 went for WRs. Those need to be #1s eventually, or the team needed to go in a different direction on draft day. As for Floyd and Fitzgerald, the Colts took Wayne with the 30th pick when Marvin was still here, and Wayne put up very similar numbers to Marv for a couple years before Marv retired. Floyd was the 13th pick, likely Arizona’s idea of another #1 guy, like Boldin during their best offensive years. But he has under produced so far I think.

I agree with you 100% - I wasn't using Blackmon and Floyd's failings in support of why TY might not be the best rookie WR this season, to the contrary, I was pointing out how great he is doing compared to players with much bigger pub, picked much higher etc. I also agree that Blackmon isn't the teams #1, which is why the Jags continue to stink year after year. He should be. He was the 5th overall pick, so he better become the #1 guy, or it was a completely blown pick. The point is, TY is asked to do far different things than Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, and others. Picks 5, 13, and 20 went for WRs. Those need to be #1s eventually, or the team needed to go in a different direction on draft day. As for Floyd and Fitzgerald, the Colts took Wayne with the 30th pick when Marvin was still here, and Wayne put up very similar numbers to Marv for a couple years before Marv retired. Floyd was the 13th pick, likely Arizona’s idea of another #1 guy, like Boldin during their best offensive years. But he has under produced so far I think.

TY is asked to do more than all of them. It isn't dumb not to make Blackmon their #1, he's garbage. There is a difference between #1 and future #1. Floyd and Blackmon are viewed as future #1s, but they aren't right now. Fleener has more yards than Floyd, that's just sad.

TY is asked to do more than all of them. It isn't dumb not to make Blackmon their #1, he's garbage. There is a difference between #1 and future #1. Floyd and Blackmon are viewed as future #1s, but they aren't right now. Fleener has more yards than Floyd, that's just sad.

I agree. but watching Blackmon on the field... he really is not good. it seems like that situation when your bigger than the players you go against in high school and college then you get to a level where you are no longer bigger than everyone so the things you were able to do before just aren't effective anymore.

Right... I love me some TY... Who is clowning dude?

The Colt WR's as a whole have played pretty dang well all year. a few drops... but what are ya gonna do?

The team is winning with how many rookies getting minutes? And a rookie QB.

I cant wait till fleener comes back and he's able to run the types of routes that allen has been running the past couple of weeks. The oline is getting better, gradually and thats giving luck more time to look downfield without having to keep allen in to block. Fleener should become a huge weapon if this all keeps up.

Not taking anything at all away from allen. He's been great. But he simply doesnt have fleeners speed and fleener is 6'6 compared to allens 6'3. Both are great assets but it will be nice to really be able to unleash fleener down the field and give luck enough time to be able to find him.

Yes there are some who are down on Hilton because he has a few droppes, some fans are just so highly critical of rookies like they are some created player on madden or something but the truth is it takes time when you have so many new pieces. This rookie class is doing great and I think as a whole they have out played every other teams rookie class but to me I understand the concept that coaches dont play the game but they do deserve alot of the credit for putting these rookies in position to suceed in year one. I said it before the start of the season we have a all star group of coaches and the end result is a rookie class that has out proformed every other rookie class as a whole. Great job coaching staff!!!

I cant wait till fleener comes back and he's able to run the types of routes that allen has been running the past couple of weeks. The oline is getting better, gradually and thats giving luck more time to look downfield without having to keep allen in to block. Fleener should become a huge weapon if this all keeps up.

i don't think that it is just the fact the the oline is getting more solid that Allen has been getting off the line more rather that Saunders has been filling his blocking role were Allen is now fielding in Fleeners position of the passing TE.

Hilton 24 rec 355 yards 2 tds

harrison 64 rec 836 yards 8 tds

wayne 27 rec 345 yards 0 tds

gonzalez 37 rec 576 yards 7 tds

collie 60 rec 676 yards 7tds

by the end of the year he should have more catches than gonzalez and around 600 yards I think. He will improve alot more his second year after him and luck work together during offseason

/sigh.

Makes me incredibly sad about Gonzalez and Collie. We'd be so freaking lethal at WR if they could/would stay healthy.

Cant compare Floyd to Fleener or Blackmon in my opinion, The Cardinals have no O Line whatsoever and Luck while doesn't have the numbers that Kolb does career wise (obviously because Luck is a rookie) Luck is already a better QB, I dont care if Kolb is considered a Veteran, Get Blackmon and Floyd NFL caliber QB's and throw in an O Line for the Cardinals then lets compare, Ours has been less then good and down right bad sometimes but the Cardinals are playing without any NFL caliber Starters on there O Line

Cant compare Floyd to Fleener or Blackmon in my opinion, The Cardinals have no O Line whatsoever and Luck while doesn't have the numbers that Kolb does career wise (obviously because Luck is a rookie) Luck is already a better QB, I dont care if Kolb is considered a Veteran, Get Blackmon and Floyd NFL caliber QB's and throw in an O Line for the Cardinals then lets compare, Ours has been less then good and down right bad sometimes but the Cardinals are playing without any NFL caliber Starters on there O Line

My hat is off to you. It truly takes a special kind of talent to weave your hatred of the o'line into virtually every thread. You nothing if not consistent.

My hat is off to you. It truly takes a special kind of talent to weave your hatred of the o'line into virtually every thread. You nothing if not consistent.

My point was not directed towards our O Line specifically but the truth is our O Line has not been very good and even down right bad on a number of occasions, with that said the Cardnals O Line has been atrocious, but like always your right our O Line is good, no complaints are warranted they just need time to jell

What is the specific injury that Fleener has?

Cant say I've seen much criticism of TY on here, Avery seems to drop as many but that's just my recollection, no factual basis to it.

yeah they have both dropped a few definitly, I like there potential going forward however, I think either one could be a solid #2, Neither are #1's in my opinion but if one was closer to that then the other I would have to go with Avery (then again thats unfair because they are both in different stages of there career). I was pretty low on the Avery pick up for quite some time but I certainly am not afraid to eat crow, I dont think he will get to 1000 yards, I think he has that talent in then some but he simply is not targeted enough. Luck seems to have a heat seeking missile on Wayne which is good....and bad if you dont build that chemistry with your other targets and spread the ball around a little more, We have many instant scoring threats or game changers as I like to call them guys that can change the score of agame on 1 touch of the ball its just a matter of finding ways to get them involved consistently and not quitting on them if they fail once, Brown, Avery, Hilton and MAYBE Brazill, Those guys all fit the game changer category, you cant teach speed

/sigh.

Makes me incredibly sad about Gonzalez and Collie. We'd be so freaking lethal at WR if they could/would stay healthy.

I agree.. This team has just had horrible luck with injury. And to some really GOOD players. Sanders, Jax, Booger, Simon, Addai, Gonzo, Collie, .... what could have been.

Not to mention Emtman, Coryatt, Alberts, Potts, Crockett..... and the deaths of Burlsworth and Curry before they even got to play a down. Ricky Watters was picked 5 spots after Curry by the Niners. ughhhhhhh

Dang it...

Why do you feel that? Did he have issues with it at Stanford or something?

well, it's just a hunch, but shoulder injuries are terrible, Rotator, Labrum, etc. They are just bad news every time. Especially for a reciever who is going to end up on his shoulder so many times. You have to land on your hands to break your fall a whole bunch and the shoulder is what takes the beating. Indy Star is now saying week 13, I mean wow, this will go on and on. It's a dislocation of the left shoulder. Once it dislocates like that, all bets are off on a speedy and/or complete permenant recovery. Just sad to think of so I'm going to try to block it out --- kind of like I always do when one of my pets die.

I like T.Y. and I think he will be a good receiver, but not a likely #1 IMO, very dangerous in some ways, but not versatile like Reggie, who is a complete football player. He has decent skills and his hands will improve, his chemistry with Luck will get better, but liitle speedy guys scare me because they are always one big hit away from irrelevance. A guy like Reggie or A. Johnson can play through some issues that the burners can't, IMO I can't see T.Y. ever being capable of doing the downfield blocking that Reggie does, but it would be great to see him become an outstanding #2 or slot guy.

I definitely think he is outplaying his draft position, which some people had thought was too high to begin with.