Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's time to move on!

emac

Donald Brown is not working out.......he is not consistant and can't make the running back moves to get through the line. In my opinion it's time to give Ballard the rock.

Donald Brown can be option back/special teams.

We are competitive everywhere except the running game. D Brown is good in the open field but struggles bad with getting through the line. We need to use him like Darren Sprols.

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 63 49 FIRST DOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-BY-PENALTY) 21-41-1 20-27-2 THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS 27/49 19/42 FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS 2/4 1/3 TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS 1,122 927 OFFENSE (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS) 208-5.4 175-5.3 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS 254 361 RUSHING (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS) 83-3.1 87-4.1 TOTAL PASSING YARDS 868 566 PASSING (COMP-ATT-INT-AVG) 70-119-3-7.6 58-83-2-7.1 SACKS 5.0 6.0 FIELD GOALS 3/3 5/5 TOUCHDOWNS 10 6 TOUCHDOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-RETURNS-DEFENSIVE) 5-5-0-0 1-4-0-1 TIME OF POSSESSION 30:48 29:11 TURNOVER RATIO

We are competitive everywhere except the running game. D Brown is good in the open field but struggles bad with getting through the line. We need to use him like Darren Sprols.

TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 63 49 FIRST DOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-BY-PENALTY) 21-41-1 20-27-2 THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS 27/49 19/42 FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS 2/4 1/3 TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS 1,122 927 OFFENSE (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS) 208-5.4 175-5.3 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS 254 361 RUSHING (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS) 83-3.1 87-4.1 TOTAL PASSING YARDS 868 566 PASSING (COMP-ATT-INT-AVG) 70-119-3-7.6 58-83-2-7.1 SACKS 5.0 6.0 FIELD GOALS 3/3 5/5 TOUCHDOWNS 10 6 TOUCHDOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-RETURNS-DEFENSIVE) 5-5-0-0 1-4-0-1 TIME OF POSSESSION 30:48 29:11 TURNOVER RATIO

No back was good yesterday. What do you propose we do, cut him and lean on a 5th round pick?

NOPE MADE MY SUGGESTION EARLIER

Sir, I would like to start this off by saying "Welcome to the Forum". I figure you're new cause you have less than 30 post.

:ranton:

Now that that's out the way........... What part of "Your O-Line NEEDS to Block in order for ANYONE to move forward with the ball?"

If Brown wasn't producing, why is he the #1 back? Why did he break off a what was it? 63-yard catch & run for a TD that involved him burning the Defense. Brown is not going anywhere, accept that he is here to STAY. He's the #1 back. Don't believe me? Look at the past 3 games we played and see which RB comes out with Luck on the 1st play of Offense. Idk if you have something against him personally........... but that's between you & your Feelings. But the Reality of it, Brown isn't going Anywhere

:rantoff:

The point is when is the last time D Brown did these things

Juked a tackle?

Spin around a tackle?

Lowered his pads to break a tackle?

Had the vision to turn a busted play into yards?

Used strong stiff arm to get outside?

All the good backs have these skills. O-line is an excuse many good running backs worked with bad o-line.........Barry Sanders just one example.

We are competitive everywhere except the running game....

I think your definition of 'competitive' may be different than mine. If you mean every position has competition, I agree. But that's said about every team. It's like saying we have players to fill every position.

If you're saying we're good at every other position, well, you must not be watching the same team as the rest of us.

Juked a tackle?

Spin around a tackle?

All the good backs have these skills. O-line is an excuse many good running backs worked with bad o-line.........Barry Sanders just one example.

3414_276091322496078_1587613061_n.jpg

Juked a tackle?

Spin around a tackle?

*slaps forehead*

Juked a tackle?

Spin around a tackle?

The busted play that he took 80yrd td against the titans comes to mind. That's just the most recent. And he did some of those things on a 9yrd run in the preseason.

Yea this thread is just (in a nice way) poo... There was one play where if donald brown hadnt have juked he would have gotten tackled in the backfield for a lost.

Its also hard to run through the tackles when they're all bunched up together, vick ballard is doing everything he can to make this team even if it means taking the ball to the outside when he's probably not suppose to.

Ok, no need to take this further see what ya"ll say when they replace him next year.

Oh, and sir who gives a crap how many posts I have. I love football and the Colts but some of us have a life.

Ahh the classic, "I have nothing left to say so I'm going to sling insults."

Ok, no need to take this further see what ya"ll say when they replace him next year.

Oh, and sir who gives a crap how many posts I have. I love football and the Colts but some of us have a life.

TK wasn't bashing you. He was welcoming you to the forum for pete sake. Go take a nap and calm down.

He averaged 4.8yards per carry on 134 carries last year compared to MJD'S 343 carries and 4.7. I will take the 4.8 and more carries for Donald, if you do the math with the 4.8 ypc and double Donalds carries to 268 then you would see Donald is a pretty good back and would have been top 5 with 268 carries......If he would have gotten the same # of carried MJD did then he would have won the rushing title.

Donald Brown is not working out.......he is not consistant and can't make the running back moves to get through the line. In my opinion it's time to give Ballard the rock.

Donald Brown can be option back/special teams.

I like Ballard, but he certainly didn't do anything to impress yesterday either. Ballard has questionable speed as well to be getting away from anyone. He's a complimentary back at best in my eyes. The offensive line play yesterday was the real issue

Yea this thread is just (in a nice way) poo... There was one play where if donald brown hadnt have juked he would have gotten tackled in the backfield for a lost.

Its also hard to run through the tackles when they're all bunched up together, vick ballard is doing everything he can to make this team even if it means taking the ball to the outside when he's probably not suppose to.

I know exactly what play you are talking about! DB made a very nice move on that one, too bad his lineman couldn't block anyone on this day or he would have shown more.

I think that our runningbacks are just fine. Donald Brown was not the reason for our low rushing output in our last game. The O-line simply did not hold up against Washington's D-line. There were no holes to run through. You could see that Donald Brown and Ballard were getting hit behind the line on most of the running plays.

The O-line was the problem in our last game. Even Barry Sanders would've had issues running behind our line yesterday.

I know exactly what play you are talking about! DB made a very nice move on that one, too bad his lineman couldn't block anyone on this day or he would have shown more.

Yea he did, i really do see brown getting at least a thousand yards this season... if they let him 20+ carries a game its definitely gonna happen

TIME TO CUT BROWN AND WAYNE they don't fit the new system Wayne is old and slow won't block he shows no effort and donald is so scared of getting hit (prolly cause RG seth olsen Sux Really Bad). Time to trade Stanton Frenney and Mathis. Also cut Wr. Ross Crosby sambrano fayson RB. Brown Alexander and Karim Qb Stanton TE Smith

Look I'm far from a DB fan....but I think he has looked pretty good this year. He has earned the #1 back spot. He looked better in his blocking and I like the idea of running screens with him (why have we never tried to get him in the open field before??). The guy is a burner...no he isn't going to break a lot of tackles but he runs hard until someone gets an arm on him lol...sure he goes down easy but he has that break away speed and can take a play to the house. Now...do I think Vick is the back that fits Arians scheme better...yes...do I think Vick is capable of carrying the ball and taking a pounding...yes....can Vick break tackles and finish a run..yes...I do think Vick will be that #1 back and Brown will see that change of pace guy...the home run guy...but Arians had Willie Parker and I think DB is similar in that vein. I think Vick is more the Mendenhall type but both will be successful ONLY if we BLOCK! I actually really really like our running backs....I think we have a really nice combo. Similar to that Rhodes/Addai combo we used to have. Sure neither are a Faulk or Edge...but man we are better off then a lot of team IMO.

Now our OL....thats a different story. They aren't as bad as that game made it look...but they aren't world beaters either.

TIME TO CUT BROWN AND WAYNE they don't fit the new system Wayne is old and slow won't block he shows no effort and donald is so scared of getting hit (prolly cause RG seth olsen Sux Really Bad). Time to trade Stanton Frenney and Mathis. Also cut Wr. Ross Crosby sambrano fayson RB. Brown Alexander and Karim Qb Stanton TE Smith

Welcome to the board. Anything positive about our Colts?