Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The trade is not for welker

Playoffs2013

It shouldn't be for Welker. I wouldn't be happy if we traded a high pick for Welker. He is 31 and is wanting a big contract. I'd much rather keep that early pick and use it to select a young player that can be with the team for a long time

Just had a tweet conversation with Aaron nagler on how everything would go crazy if this happened

No wonder it is taking so long! Wake me up in a year when we sign him... jk.

Honestly glad its not him. Never thought it was... people are just throwing out names and not considering what the term "SERIOUS" means in this topic.

Welker is not worth a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th so.... I'm glad we put this one to bed.

Please bring in the next lame rumor for us to shoot down... thank you!

Ok, let me make this very Clear.

WE DO NOT NEED A WR, RB, TE, or QB. All of these positions are NOT involved in the Trade as there is NO REASON for them

I beg to differ

As much as this forum hates to admit it Brazill or Hilton probably won't go for 1000 yds this year on the other hand mike Wallace sure

I beg to differ

As much as this forum hates to admit it Brazill or Hilton probably won't go for 1000 yds this year on the other hand mike Wallace sure

And I beg to differ. Stats mean nothing to me. As long as you come through when needed, I don't care if the game-winning catch is your 1st Career catch. I don't expect any of our WR's (Except Wayne) to go for 1,000. I don't care about their Yards. I care about how they play & can they play consistently

WE DO NOT NEED A WR, RB, TE, or QB. All of these positions are NOT involved in the Trade as there is NO REASON for them

we do need a #1 wr wayne 34 and collie might retire due to concussion history. hilton and brazil are good slot wr's but they aren't starters. the only wr in the nfl that needs a big contract and is holding out is mike wallace. even if collie comes back wallace wayne, collie, hilton, brazill would be more dangerous.

we do need a #1 wr wayne 34 and collie might retire due to concussion history. hilton and brazil are good slot wr's but they aren't starters. the only wr in the nfl that needs a big contract and is holding out is mike wallace. even if collie comes back wallace wayne, collie, hilton, brazill would be more dangerous.

And you guys are leaving Avery out of the conversation for what reason?

avery is in the conversation he just can't stay healthy same with collie. both collie and avery are good but their both frail injury prone. mike wallace is a legit #1 wr and is physical for a speedster.

I see what you're saying, but why spend that money on another offensive player if we have no secondary? Avery is healthy and that thigh contusion if it was the regular season would have missed him one game at the most. He's had about two injuries, not sure if that's injury prone. Did you see where we picked up Hilton and Brazil in the draft? We could pick up two more players like that again next year along with some good free agent pick ups. We can ride with the guys we have, plus sleeper guys that can run like Kris Adams and Jabin Sambrano. I think we have quite enough depth on offense to be very competitive this year.

We need to spend Mike Wallace money on defense like now.

I see what you're saying, but why spend that money on another offensive player if we have no secondary? Avery is healthy and that thigh contusion if it was the regular season would have missed him one game at the most. He's had about two injuries, not sure if that's injury prone. Did you see where we picked up Hilton and Brazil in the draft? We could pick up two more players like that again next year along with some good free agent pick ups. We can ride with the guys we have, plus sleeper guys that can run like Kris Adams and Jabin Sambrano. I think we have quite enough depth on offense to be very competitive this year.

We need to spend Mike Wallace money on defense like now.

none of the guys you named are #1 wr's. brazil and hilton are very good slot wr's but too young and inconsistent. there's no great cb's out there that are available revis,haden, vontae,drc aren't getting traded. as for the draft robert woods is the only great wr but he'll be a top 3 pick. also it's a cb heavy draft, kiper projected 5 cb's to go in 1st round. even if we get wallace will still have our 1st to draft a legit cb. wr's like mike wallace don't come around to often and you have to capitalize when given the oppurtunity.

none of the guys you named are #1 wr's. brazil and hilton are very good slot wr's but too young and inconsistent. there's no great cb's out there that are available revis,haden, vontae,drc aren't getting traded. as for the draft robert woods is the only great wr but he'll be a top 3 pick. also it's a cb heavy draft, kiper projected 5 cb's to go in 1st round. even if we get wallace will still have our 1st to draft a legit cb. wr's like mike wallace don't come around to often and you have to capitalize when given the oppurtunity.

So you're advocating a total lack of balance for us this year? A really great offense with a bad defense and we'll just wait until the draft to fix the defense? I believe there is a CB we can pick up this year and it seems Irsay and Grigs believe so too. The Patriots didn't have any Mike Wallace on their team last year and they still had a top notch offense. You mainly need a savvy quarterback which we do have. It may be pre-season but we are near the top of the league in offense right now as we speak.

Now you may say "yeah but that was a vet qb in Tom Brady", but you also have to think back to when he was much younger and had to come in for Drew Bledsoe. They certainly didn't have a true #1 on that team, but the Pats even back then had a functional offense that gave people problems. I will say they weren't a comple juggernaut though.

You don't necessarily have to have a big high priced guy to have an efficient offense. Even the Saints don't honestly have any Mike Wallace types and that's certainly a great offense. You could potentially throw Green Bay into the mix as well. Their offense is based mainly on timing throws and there are honestly no Wallace types there.

I'm saying we have enough this year to have a very efficient offense, and peoople will respect our speed with no doubt. We can take our money and fix on the defense now and before Grigson is done we will have a defense that is respectable this year now. With the players that we pick up this year, which we seem to be going after YOUNG players who have been in the NFL 4 years or less we can take care of a decent amt of next years draft now and we'll still have some draft picks left for next year to address the D even further.

To each his own I suppose...

I would take Welker at any time. The guy is flat out a difference maker. How easy some people forget.

True. I don't feel NE's offense is the same without him either.

And twitter is blowing up tonight that it IS Welker and thats why he was scratched from the Pats game tonight. :eek:

True. I don't feel NE's offense is the same without him either.

And twitter is blowing up tonight that it IS Welker and thats why he was scratched from the Pats game tonight. :eek:

I hope so. He is a step above Collie and even Brandon Stokely for that matter. Luck would be drooling with a possesion reciever like that.

I hope so. He is a step above Collie and even Brandon Stokely for that matter. Luck would be drooling with a possesion reciever like that.

Could certainly help out a young QB in tough spots.

Jesus...I cannot even fathom this one. Really. Wes Welker on the Colts would be like as strange as when the Colts signed Adam Vinatieri. lmao

OMG

Of course they are just rumors but how suspicious that Welker was a healthy scratch tonight.

After the cheap shot last week is it time to look for a replacement for Austin Collie--a real good WR, but 4 concussions in a few years is not good

Gah...I really hope we don't get Welker, and if we DO we don't give up the high pick that has been mentioned...He's too old to warrant a high pick. He's great! I'm not trying to say he isn't a fantastic weapon, just...if we're gonna give up a lot, I want it to be for a younger player. I don't necessarily want Mike Wallace either, but if it's between him and Welker...i want Wallace.

I'm still hoping for a defensive player...

If we trade for Welker, we are instantly a playoff team this year! Our offense will become unstoppable. Welker has been a top 4 receiver the last 5 years. This trade would also suggest that the staff is 100% confident that our defense will be fairly good this year.

u being serious lol i cant tell

If we trade for Welker, we are instantly a playoff team this year! Our offense will become unstoppable. Welker has been a top 4 receiver the last 5 years. This trade would also suggest that the staff is 100% confident that our defense will be fairly good this year.

Considering he can't sign a contact until after 2012